Deadspin: Assault Pictures of Greg Hardy's Ex-Girlfriend

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's exactly right. In fact, the other day my girlfriend and I were talking about this type of stuff. She said "I'm pretty sure I can take you out". All I had to say was "well, you do outweigh me". Instant knockout - she was a pool of tears. Didn't have to lay a hand on her.

:lol: Cold blooded.

I'm surprised at the outrage and shock when a person who plays an extraordinarily violent sport for a living at a very high level, and has been raised practically from birth to be super aggressive and violent in order to be good at said sport, does something very violent off of the playing field.

I'm surprised at the outrage and shock when a person who plays an extraordinarily violent sport for a living at a very high level, and has been raised practically from birth to be super aggressive and violent in order to be good at said sport, does something very violent off of the playing field.

:huh:

• 2 weeks later...
I'd swap either one of our DEs for him, and gladly take the windfall cap space that came with it and apply to other positions.

I'd swap either one of our DEs for him, and gladly take the windfall cap space that came with it and apply to other positions.

seriously? He's a crap teammate and human. He can't even show up to practice if you want to ignore the off the field stuff. Wtf. Edited by YoloinOhio

That's exactly right. In fact, the other day my girlfriend and I were talking about this type of stuff. She said "I'm pretty sure I can take you out". All I had to say was "well, you do outweigh me". Instant knockout - she was a pool of tears. Didn't have to lay a hand on her.

LOL!

How was the couch that night?

a) I believe in 2nd chances, b) only 2 people know what really happened that night

I'm for mistakes/2nd chances, but you do realize there were other people in the apartment? A woman and a couple cronies/hangers on of Hardy? So, No on the only two people.

In a highly fortunate twist of fate, it's beyond your job description to effect this

Former Bill and commentator Ross Tucker:

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/156857568/greg-hardy-as-a-teammate-domestic-violence

I listen to this guy's podcast. I appreciate the candor in what he's written above.

Interesting read, Cat, thank you. I've often thought there must be a "paybacks are hell" mentality in the huddle.

?

In a highly fortunate twist of fate, it's beyond your job description to effect this

Interesting read, Cat, thank you. I've often thought there must be a "paybacks are hell" mentality in the huddle.

damn thats fine acerbic wit, good Sir!

You can rationalize anything with that absurd statement. It's the same as saying OJ deserved to be let go because Nicole is dead and can't talk. What an obtuse view.

If you think that's an obtuse view from JTSP, you should read some of his gems on other parts of this board. He has some pretty outlandish (some would say offensive) views and isn't afraid to share them.

a) I believe in 2nd chances, b) only 2 people know what really happened that night

I believe in 2nd chances too. If the person shows contrition and a willingness to correct the mistakes they made and improve themselves. I see none of that in Hardy.

Oh my Ears and Whiskers!

I think it was Eric Wood who was quoted saying "you can do things on a football field that are severely illegal anywhere else" It *is* part of every youth sports program that i've ever heard of to teach sportsmanship.

Football players are supposed to learn there's a "switch" and violence on the football field snap-to-whistle doesn't entitle them to be violent off the playing field. If they aren't learning this, their families and coaches from PeeWee football on up are doing them a huge disservice.