Whaley is asleep at the wheel.

FireChan

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whaley was on board with the hire. Do you think Pegs still hires Rex if Whaley is against it?

But your original post had to do with Whaley being asleep at the wheel in terms of improving the team before the trade deadline. This, to me, suggests that you believe that talent deficiency is the issue. Somewhere along the line you've made it about the Rex hire. What does Whaley being "asleep at the wheel" and not pursuing players via trade have to do with Rex? Do you really want him to mortgage the future if you have such little faith that Rex will get the most out of the players brought in?

But your original post had to do with Whaley being asleep at the wheel in terms of improving the team before the trade deadline. This, to me, suggests that you believe that talent deficiency is the issue. Somewhere along the line you've made it about the Rex hire. What does Whaley being "asleep at the wheel" and not pursuing players via trade have to do with Rex? Do you really want him to mortgage the future if you have such little faith that Rex will get the most out of the players brought in?

Oh, that was a joke.

What is dead wrong for 1,000, Alex.

"I'll take Drinking the Kool-Aid for 500, Alex," exclaimed Ryan L Billz.

So, let me get this straight...Rex Ryan should be fired for having all this talent on the team and only a 3-4 record. AND Whaley should be fired for not getting enough talent on our roster. Interesting. Rex gets fired for not doing enough with all the talent Whaley has supplied him and Whaley gets fired for not having enough talent on the team. This is just too funny.

No, Whaley gets fired for royally botching the QB situation over a period of years and then following it up with the Watkins debacle.

Rex gets fired for being a clown.

It's just that simple.

You know, I thought it was sarcastic when I first read it but you kept chiming in during the thread in support of the "fire Whaley" idea I figured it wasn't a joke.

It started out as a joke. But most of the posts I've made in this thread are for real.

So, let me get this straight...Rex Ryan should be fired for having all this talent on the team and only a 3-4 record. AND Whaley should be fired for not getting enough talent on our roster. Interesting. Rex gets fired for not doing enough with all the talent Whaley has supplied him and Whaley gets fired for not having enough talent on the team. This is just too funny.

"Don't worry! That was just a little bump," said Mark80. "Don't you know, the Titanic is the strongest ship in the world and it has been designed to be unsinkable! I am surrounded by fools!"

Meanwhile, the particularly clever ones, not named Mark80, head for the nearest life boat.

(Just messing with you Mark80! No offense meant!)

"I'll take Drinking the Kool-Aid for 500, Alex," exclaimed Ryan L Billz.

No, Whaley gets fired for royally botching the QB situation over a period of years and then following it up with the Watkins debacle.

Rex gets fired for being a clown.

It's just that simple.

I'm sorry, but there's no "royal botching" of the QB situation. He's been GM through 3 drafts (if we're counting 2013), and in those 3 drafts he (a) drafted a QB in the first round that didn't work out (not one QB from that draft did), (b) invested heavily in getting that QB weapons, and brought in an experienced backup that ended up with a 7-5 record last year, and © acquired a FA that looks like a decent stopgap at the position until they can draft a QB of the future prospect.

The only arguable misfire is that he could've traded up for Carr or Bridgewater and chose not to, but that's a bit nitpicky considering that his rookie QB looked like he had potential in his first 10 starts.

Edited by thebandit27

Oh, that was a joke.

As is this whole thread

"Don't worry! That was just a little bump," said Mark80. "Don't you know, the Titanic is the strongest ship in the world and it has been designed to be unsinkable! I am surrounded by fools!"

Meanwhile, the particularly clever ones, not named Mark80, head for the nearest life boat.

(Just messing with you Mark80! No offense meant!)

Please continue to head for the life boat....we wont miss you

I'm sorry, but there's no "royal botching" of the QB situation. He's been GM through 3 drafts (if we're counting 2013), and in those 3 drafts he (a) drafted a QB in the first round that didn't work out (not one QB from that draft did), (b) invested heavily in getting that QB weapons, and brought in an experienced backup that ended up with a 7-5 record last year, and © acquired a FA that looks like a decent stopgap at the position until they can draft a QB of the future prospect.

The only arguable misfire is that he could've traded up for Carr or Bridgewater and chose not to, but that's a bit nitpicky considering that his rookie QB looked like he had potential in his first 10 starts.

He headed into last year with EJ as the man, then started a literally retired QB who wasn't on the roster for training camp for all but 3 of the games.

This year, Options A and B, in no particular order, were EJ and Matt Kassel, but for Rex's guy in Tyrod Taylor, who ended up being the starter and clearly, by any measure, the best of the 3.

Other than this, you're right, Whaley has had a firm grasp on the QB situation.

:beer:

As is this whole thread

Please continue to head for the life boat....we wont miss you

Not surprisingly, you've completely misinterpreted the metaphor.

I am guessing the entire concept of metaphor is not your cup of tea.

You were never much for that fancy book learnin', were ya?

(Just joking; hang in there buddy!)

Edited by Fadingpain

He headed into last year with EJ as the man, then started a literally retired QB who wasn't on the roster for training camp for all but 3 of the games.

This year, Options A and B, in no particular order, were EJ and Matt Kassel, but for Rex's guy in Tyrod Taylor, who ended up being the starter and clearly, by any measure, the best of the 3.

Other than this, you're right, Whaley has had a firm grasp on the QB situation.

:rolleyes:

I dont really care what the numbers throughout the league look like... the point is Pegula had zero experience when he made this decision, and approval should have been required from Whaley.

WTF? You are talking out your bunghole, son. There isn't a single owner in any sport who isn't directly involved with hiring a head coach. And not since the days of George Halas and Al Davis has there been a football experienced owner. Edited by PromoTheRobot