Syracuse Basketball 2015-2016

inkman

The silent G era is upon us. :beer: Preseason win over Lemoyne. The perimeter game Boeheim predicted was in full force. DeJuan looked good. Doubt this team does any damage but they could be fun to watch if they can hit their 3s. Malachi Richardson looks as advertised. As a reminder, Jim won't be on the sidelines for the Cuses first 9 games.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/2015/11/syracuse_unveils_new-look_3-point_attack_in_exhibition_win_over_le_moyne.html#incart_m-rpt-1

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first 9 ACC games

hopefully the perimeter game will go a long way to making trevor cooney the threat we think he might be

The silent G era is upon us. :beer: Preseason win over Lemoyne. The perimeter game Boeheim predicted was in full force. DeJuan looked good. Doubt this team does any damage but they could be fun to watch if they can hit their 3s. Malachi Richardson looks as advertised. As a reminder, Jim won't be on the sidelines for the Cuses first 9 games.

http://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketball/index.ssf/2015/11/syracuse_unveils_new-look_3-point_attack_in_exhibition_win_over_le_moyne.html#incart_m-rpt-1

Cooney 0-3 from downtown last night. Looks like it's working wonders.

Actually it did seem to be working last night....that is if I'm interpreting Pooj's comment correctly. Having a perimeter shooting game causes defenders to actually extend out and defend those shooters, which opens up the middle of the floor for players like Cooney to "slash" to the rim and make plays. Which he did at least a couple times last night.....against LeMoyne.

what i was trying to say was that with a more effective perimeter game, it takes some of the pressure off cooney in terms of teams focusing on just him as our only outside threat. now they have Malachi, Silent G etc to focus on as well....hopefully

Actually it did seem to be working last night....that is if I'm interpreting Pooj's comment correctly. Having a perimeter shooting game causes defenders to actually extend out and defend those shooters, which opens up the middle of the floor for players like Cooney to "slash" to the rim and make plays. Which he did at least a couple times last night.....against LeMoyne.

I am so stoked about this season. I heard Lydon is the real deal.

And I love the new offensive mindset-- hopefully we will see less of the grind it out style of the last few years.

I also look forward to another full year of complaining about Cooney. :D

By the way, who is this Frank Howard fellow? Is he supposed to play much this year? First time I have heard his name.

I am so stoked about this season. I heard Lydon is the real deal.

And I love the new offensive mindset-- hopefully we will see less of the grind it out style of the last few years.

I also look forward to another full year of complaining about Cooney. :D

By the way, who is this Frank Howard fellow? Is he supposed to play much this year? First time I have heard his name.

I can't wait to call for Cooney's head...and then come back around after he goes 12/13 from 3 to beat Duke.

Frank Howard was a 4 star recruit.

I've been hearing that the frosh, Richardson, looks to be something special. A close friend of mine, who is also a college basketball coach, texted me after the game yesterday and said that he thought that Richardson has the "smoothest shooting stroke" that he has seen since G-Mac. I think he is going to be a force. He also said that Lydon was all over the ball, and seems to have well developed court sense. I think Cuse is going to sneakily make some waves in the ACC this year. A lot of this hinges, however, on the health of DC2, IMO. Chino still looks very "lost" out there.

Ugh; didn't realize they would televise it. Must be a free trial.

Anyone watch it?

I did. Malachi was as advertised. Kid can shoot the rock. Cooney continues to miss shots. Coleman has 2 years of rust to shake off, he'll need tome. Tyler Lydon looked great. Long, athletic big. Boeheim had him at the 5 for stretches and he didn't look out of place...against Lehigh. Roberson was invisible. Joseph looked decent off the bench. Silent G is their steadiest player, not really a surprise. Chino was a beast around the rim really protecting it well. He earned extra minutes. Still lost on offence.

This team is going to live and die by the 3. Luckily, they got off to a big lead thanks to Malachi's long distance buckets.