Boots on the Ground

Yeah but with 14 months to go the Obama doctrine won't change:

It's his predecessor's fault and his successors problem

*edit hmm, when I do a quote lately it's doubling up the quote

That's actually the Clinton doctrine: "What do I have to give you to keep you quiet until you're someone else's problem?"

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every bomb we drop, every refugee who drowns in the Mediterranean, every cowardly politician who refuses to show a little compassion, plays RIGHT into the hands of Daesh. What better way to make them hate us? It creates fertile ground for recruitment. I imagine there are plenty of refugees (from beyond Syria) in this country who are witnessing the pinheaded panic first hand and probably toying with the idea of joining up.

Boots on the ground is also what they wanted. It was bin Laden's fondest dream. Because we cannot win, and it will slowly bankrupt us.

There is no military - exclusively military - answer. Military can be a part of the solution, but it has to be multi-faceted. The goal is to get the moderate people of the Middle East - the MAJORITY, who are cowed and afraid of these extremists too - to become part of the coalition against them. We don't need them to soldier for us, but we don't need to create generations of people with no lots of hatred, no hope, and nothing left to lose.

This is where the test of what it means to be America comes into play. This country was founded on tolerance, inclusion, and the willingness to take a risk. So far I see a bunch of cowardly bigots collectively crapping their pants and scuttling under the bed.

POTUS will smite ISIS by organizing an international eHarmony sign-up and a massive job fair. Once the Islamic terrorists (Oops!) have jobs and some lovin' it'll all be good...eh? The only strict requirement will be that the terrorists pledge to cut their carbon footprint by 2020.

POTUS will smite ISIS by organizing an international eHarmony sign-up and a massive job fair. Once the Islamic terrorists (Oops!) have jobs and some lovin' it'll all be good...eh? The only strict requirement will be that the terrorists pledge to cut their carbon footprint by 2020.

Could be. He's got a Nobel Peace Prize. What else can he do? His hands are tied.

Not very nice of Turkey

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/11/24/turkey-downs-warplane-near-syria-border-russia-denies-airspace/21271695/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D-411010463

Russian President Vladimir Putin said the plane had been attacked when it was 1 km (0.62 mile) inside Syria and warned of "serious consequences" for what he termed a "stab in the back".

I would side with Russia over this dumb move by Turkey

Edited by ALF

Not very nice of Turkey

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/11/24/turkey-downs-warplane-near-syria-border-russia-denies-airspace/21271695/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D-411010463

Russian President Vladimir Putin said the plane had been attacked when it was 1 km (0.62 mile) inside Syria and warned of "serious consequences" for what he termed a "stab in the back".

I would side with Russia over this dumb move by Turkey

If the Russian jet was in Turkish airspace then Turkey is within it's rights to shot it down but I hope they realize that turn about is fair play as they have often flown uninvited into Syrian airspace - I would expect a measured response from Russia like maybe arming the Kurds