Browns reportedly have Alex Mack, Joe Thomas on trade block

YoloinOhio

i bite if i'm the browns. that's a great offer. he's really good but I think i try and replace him.

it will probably end up being a pretty low pick in the 1st round but I'd do it too. They just need a GM who won't blow the pick. Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it will probably end up being a pretty low pick in the 1st round but I'd do it too. They just need a GM who won't blow the pick.

they have had two firsts in the draft 3 times, 12, 14 and 15. they should be loaded with talent but they blew it. they really can't draft.

This is worth pursuing, but I'd kick the tires and look under the hood with both of them. Offensive linemen of their caliber carry a lot of injuries and it is easy to get burned badly in acquiring them. On the other hand if physically okay these are two magnificent linemen and it is such an area of need I'd be ready to pull the trigger...especially if it were possible to get one of them right away.

joe Thomas at $10 mil /yr is a steal.

that's pretty close to what cordy glenn will wind up getting.

He's probably going to want a new deal if he's traded. Something on par with what Trent Williams got this offseason.

LTs don't have the same importance they once did in this league. Joe Thomas, Joe Staley, Trent Williams...all play for teams that can't win.

Meanwhile, NE, Denver, and Green Bay are all making due with mid-to-late round picks at the position (Cincinnati has Whitworth, who was a 2nd rounder).

The OL is a secondary consideration to QB, and it's a distant second. That's why a team like Dallas can't win without Romo, even though they have what many consider to be the top OL in the game.

A third for Mingo is hilarious

@RapSheet: On the #Browns: I hear they want more than a 1st for Joe Thomas, wanted a 3rd for Alex Mack, want a 3rd for Mingo. Steep on all accounts.

Mike in Horseheads had this one in the Box o' Shout:

NBC Sports ‏@NBCSports now8 seconds ago

The Broncos reportedly offered the Browns a first-round pick for LT Joe Thomas. http://tw.nbcsports.com/GsP

yep I posted that up thread but wonder why they didn't take it? Yet, that is...

A third for Mingo is hilarious

@RapSheet: On the #Browns: I hear they want more than a 1st for Joe Thomas, wanted a 3rd for Alex Mack, want a 3rd for Mingo. Steep on all accounts.

yep I posted that up thread but wonder why they didn't take it? Yet, that is...

More than a 1st for Thomas is insane. Actually insane.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago

To be specific, Browns were asking two 1st-round picks for OT Joe Thomas. They won't get that.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Only the browns

:lol: