Belichick is right about wanting all plays reviewable.

Webster Guy

Even with review the expert refs who do commentary have a different opinion than the on field ref about 50% of the time

During the game the commentators talk to some guy in the NY office [who unofficially reviews plays and offers his comments on the review(s)] I noticed mostly went against all calls that went Buffalo's way the last 2 games.

Haven't been able to read all of this but if penalties are reviewed they can't be by someone at the stadium or a part of the game. Have to be an outside source. Most officials would probably take more issue with having to correct a call

If every play is reviewable, can you throw a flag on a 80 yard TD pass looking for holding on the offensive line? Arguably, that could be called on every play. I understand the spirit of the OP, but it just doesn't work in reality.

My bigger question is how they decide which plays are reviewable and which aren't. Doesn't seem to be limited solely to judgement vs non-judgement calls.

i think for review of penalties, it would have to be limited to plays in which a flag was actually thrown, not that i am in favor it, but you cannot go searching for penalties. there has to be a way to eliminate egregious errors and not open up every play to the microscope.

If every play is reviewable, can you throw a flag on a 80 yard TD pass looking for holding on the offensive line? Arguably, that could be called on every play. I understand the spirit of the OP, but it just doesn't work in reality.

My bigger question is how they decide which plays are reviewable and which aren't. Doesn't seem to be limited solely to judgement vs non-judgement calls.

I'd rather see them try to school up the refs and hold them accountable. If a ref blows an obvious call (s)he gets suspended for 4 games and to be re instated (s)he must pass a 100 question test on the rules to get back in.

I'm also 100% behind Mr. WEO's idea of simplifying rules. I'd add, allow DBs to bump players wherever before the ball is thrown. Smart OCs can figure out what to do about it. Change a catch to catch it and get 2 feet down. Dump the whole "football move" and "process of the catch" nonsense.

I prefer less replays to more. There's already too much standing around in football. We don't need more IMHO.

ONE question for the OP. How can you challenge everything if you only get 2 challenges?

You cant challenge everything, that's what a lot of posters are missing here. It still stays at 2 challenges, and you can only challenge a penalty, not just contest any play you want. (another thing some people seem to be confused on here)

The number of challenges doesn't increase, the league simply gets rid of the rule that you can't challenge certain calls. Hey if the refs review it and aren't sure, then the call stands as usual, but what about those big, game changing calls that replay clearly shows them calling incorrectly?

I never said every play reviewable. that would be stupid. every FLAG can be challenged, up to two per game like it is now.

You cant challenge everything, that's what a lot of posters are missing here. It still stays at 2 challenges, and you can only challenge a penalty, not just contest any play you want. (another thing some people seem to be confused on here)

The number of challenges doesn't increase, the league simply gets rid of the rule that you can't challenge certain calls. Hey if the refs review it and aren't sure, then the call stands as usual, but what about those big, game changing calls that replay clearly shows them calling incorrectly?

I never said every play reviewable. that would be stupid. every FLAG can be challenged, up to two per game like it is now.

Sorry. I misunderstood. That would be more reasonable.

And would have had the Bills walking away with a win in London.