Snowblower recommendations?

dpberr

I want to thank all of you for your $.02.

I shopped Honda, Toro, Simplicity, Ariens, Husky after ruling out Craftsman, Troy-Bilt and MTD.

I chose the Toro PowerMax out of the 4. I like the metal gears (most snowblowers have plastic gears inside them) and the unibody construction. Ariens was #2, Simplicity #3 and Husky #4. Hondas were out of my price range but I looked at them. Great machines, though.

Now, I can assure all of you it will not snow this winter. :flirt: I think buying a snowblower in an el Nino winter is unnecessary, but that driveway in a Christopher Walken voice always says "I dare you....to shovel me."

It isn't gonna snow this year! Take it to the bank! I just bought a set of of winter performance tires and wheels for my vehicle!

Thank me later! BTW... It was 70+ all week here. I started working here 23 years ago, my first day on the job in 1992 was November 2nd. Guess what I was doing that day? Of course, shoveling snow! :lol::lol:

• 2 months later...

I want to thank all of you for your $.02.

I shopped Honda, Toro, Simplicity, Ariens, Husky after ruling out Craftsman, Troy-Bilt and MTD.

I chose the Toro PowerMax out of the 4. I like the metal gears (most snowblowers have plastic gears inside them) and the unibody construction. Ariens was #2, Simplicity #3 and Husky #4. Hondas were out of my price range but I looked at them. Great machines, though.

Now, I can assure all of you it will not snow this winter. :flirt: I think buying a snowblower in an el Nino winter is unnecessary, but that driveway in a Christopher Walken voice always says "I dare you....to shovel me."

How did your snowblower work this weekend ?

Mine got quite the workout here in S WV.

I bought this one two years ago...no problems whatsoever. Dependable for everything from 1 inch of slush to over 18 inches of snow...and we've had some huge storms here in NE over the last few years. Driveway about 150' long plus a circle.at the top. Electric start is a very nice addition!

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Sno-Tek-24-in-2-Stage-Electric-Start-Gas-Snow-Blower-920402/202222489

I bought the exact same model last fall, and it has been amazing. Starts very easily...even in very cold temps. Throws the snow a mile. Love it.

I bought the exact same model last fall, and it has been amazing. Starts very easily...even in very cold temps. Throws the snow a mile. Love it.

This is a medium duty thrower which seems to be doing s good job. I was wondering about the "3rd impeller"!. What do you think. Gimmick or not?

This is a medium duty thrower which seems to be doing s good job. I was wondering about the "3rd impeller"!. What do you think. Gimmick or not?

I honestly have nothing to compare it to, so I have no idea if the 3rd impeller makes it throw snow better or farther. I have about a 50 foot driveway, and it takes me about 20 minutes to clear it after a good snow storm. Good for the money I suppose.

Happy to report that the snowblower (Toro Powermax) did well in 30" of snow. Started up every time on the first pull, threw a lot of snow far. I'm impressed with the power output of the engine because 30" of snow is no joke for a two stage thrower.

No one likes spending a lot of money on a snowblower but I was happy I did come Sunday morning.

Coincidence or not, my neighbor's MTD broke apart at the welds.