Connor Cook

Tu-Toned

Yes luck and Tannehill are horrible, how many QBs have you picked smart guy or are you to gutless and just sit back cherry pick the ones I missed.

Dude Luck was not exactly a unique insight on your part was he? Newsflash: The Bills had no chance whatsoever to draft him.

And you screamed about your Talleywhacker from the heavens. He is in his 27th year in the league and people still aren't sure about him one way or the other, and he is getting paid too much.

In the meantime there are enough other QBs you've touted to fill the Bills entire roster and have the guys we had to cut to get to 53 working the phones selling season ticket packages. "Hi, My name is Blaine. Would you like to upgrade to section 134 for the coming season? We are excited to be the first team in the history of the NFL to have a roster of all QBs. The good news is we just picked up George Blanda for kicking duties." If you consider Talleywhacker and Luck to be your primary "hits" then geez dude.

To be fair to you, you can't really make it up in volume. I don't see one QB other than Wilson -- who I can't recall if you liked -- that has been picked in the last 4 years or so, that would have been a "hit" and sure thing at this point in his career.

The ones I see currently see with any chance of being "the" guy for a championship team:

Mariota -- we had no chance

Bridgewater -- we'll see...maybe

Cam -- we had no chance

I'll even give you Winston -- but we had no chance

Carr - still seems like a longshot to me but maybe

I'll even throw in Osweiler simply because it can't be proven either way.

So who did we miss, that you liked, in the last 4 years that would make us a better team today than we are having picked up Tyrod? Factor in the draft choice you would have used and the other 19 draft choices you would have burned on guys like Gabbert.

Edited by 4merper4mer

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They tried that. Jacksonville wouldn't make the trade so they missed on Rapistburger.

Its not always that easy.

im not taking about 2004... I'm talking about 2016. If they have to trade up to get a QB with a 1st rd grade, then they should make it happen. At this point it doesn't appear they will be drafting too low...

im not taking about 2004... I'm talking about 2016. If they have to trade up to get a QB with a 1st rd grade, then they should make it happen. At this point it doesn't appear they will be drafting too low...

Agreed. But it is easier said than done.

Lets say Cleveland has the pick and Buffalo is 4-5 slots lower and wants to trade up. Probably ZERO chance Cleveland makes the trade.

And even if the trade can be made, there's no guarantee that whomever they pick doesn't turn out to be the next Jamarcus Russel, David Carr, Ryan Leaf, Heath Shuler, Tim Couch, etc.

Agreed. But it is easier said than done.

Lets say Cleveland has the pick and Buffalo is 4-5 slots lower and wants to trade up. Probably ZERO chance Cleveland makes the trade.

And even if the trade can be made, there's no guarantee that whomever they pick doesn't turn out to be the next Jamarcus Russel, David Carr, Ryan Leaf, Heath Shuler, Tim Couch, etc.

obviously it takes two to tango. But the top half of the draft could be littered with teams who won't take a QB - like Baltimore, Tampa, SD, Detroit, Tennessee - so there is a chance. Unfortunately, we may be drafting there anyway. Edited by YoloinOhio

Desperately drafting a QB in Rd1 just to do it means you end up with EJ Losman or JP Manuel.

Draft a QB in Rd1 if the right one is there. Don't force it.

This is where I sit on this as well......

Need to make sure the talent level matches the compensation that most assuradly gets given up.

If we are taking a QB with our pick straight up? I got no problem.

You guys realize that any QB drafted will most likely not be a very good NFL player for 2-3 years (if ever)?

Huge learning curve for QBs coming in to the NFL. I just don't believe this fan base has the patience to develop a QB. Any QB.

I 100% agree and have been saying this for a few years now and have been accused of being an EJ apologist as a result. It is not about one person... it is about this fanbase is so sick of wretched QB play that I am not sure it will ever take the lumps of a rookie QB being up and down without a significant percentage turning on him. Carr and Bortles would have had fans on this board calling for their benchings last year. Both has shown growth in their second seasons. Young QBs rarely come in and light it up off the bat. Hell Russell Wilson had less than a 100 yards passing didn't he one of his first 7 or 8 games? And he is the poster boy for "picking it up right off the bat".

EDIT: And the only - I mean ONLY way they should not be looking for a Quarterback in the first next year is if they are out of position to get a good one, can't get up for him and can find a way to get a premium offensive tackle at their pick. For me it is QB or OT.... if we let Bradham walk, which we may, and then pick a linebacker (which if Rex is still here and having input we may) then I will lose my mind.

Edited by GunnerBill