The morning after the Jaguar Apocolypse

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Captain Obvious. About 20 other teams in the league are in the same boat as us. We should just run down to 7-11 and pick on up.

That wasnt really the point. We will continue to do this blame game dance until we have one. Yes, obvious. but this finger pointing is all for nothing. When that is solved, we will win.

Call it obvious, sure.

Durability is actually a player attribute. Its one the current GM really tries to "beat". An older McCoy, injured Kiko, Injured Harvin, Injured Karlos, Injured Cyril Richardson, are all examples of guys people thought Whaley was a genius for getting "value" on. Turns out they dropped in value because they aren't durable. Its part of the problem, not an excuse for other problems.

You know....I realize that bills fans are upset

but

Blaming injuries on the GM just shows total lack of understanding of the game

I mean....if your looking to put a bullzeye on someone nobody is going to be able to stop that....but it is laughable

- Sammy Watkins did not have injury issues in college......the injuries he is experiencing in the pros could not have been forseen.....and he STILL had a respectable rookie season despite injuries

- McCoy is not that old...has not been injury prone in the past.....once again could not have been forseen

- Harvin is the wildcard in this convo...he HAS had injuries in the past

- Karlos was a fricken FIFTH ROUND PICK.......Whaley should be commended for finding a talent like that late rather then crucified...once again....injuries could not be forseen

- Richardson....once again.....late round pick which Whaley should be commended on finding not crucified......a couple of notes on this.....Richardson was not getting hurt every game last year and 2nd round pick Kujo is actually looking just as good.........

YOU CANNOT PREDICT INJURIES.....to blame it on the GM is completely absurd

You know....I realize that bills fans are upset

but

Blaming injuries on the GM just shows total lack of understanding of the game

I mean....if your looking to put a bullzeye on someone nobody is going to be able to stop that....but it is laughable

- Sammy Watkins did not have injury issues in college......the injuries he is experiencing in the pros could not have been forseen.....and he STILL had a respectable rookie season despite injuries

- McCoy is not that old...has not been injury prone in the past.....once again could not have been forseen

- Harvin is the wildcard in this convo...he HAS had injuries in the past

- Karlos was a fricken FIFTH ROUND PICK.......Whaley should be commended for finding a talent like that late rather then crucified...once again....injuries could not be forseen

- Richardson....once again.....late round pick which Whaley should be commended on finding not crucified......a couple of notes on this.....Richardson was not getting hurt every game last year and 2nd round pick Kujo is actually looking just as good.........

YOU CANNOT PREDICT INJURIES.....to blame it on the GM is completely absurd

Do you mean Henderson? Is Cyril playing?

That serviceable NFL Quarterback only played 12 of the 16 games. More than likely Tyrod will prove serviceable and play at least 12. Marrone's team was better coached than Rex's team.

Every season is it's own and different from the previous one. EJM played four games last year and played ok in two of them. He's played two this year and was below average in one and abysmal in the other. That's it really. There is talent on this team, but a lot of it is on the sideline right now. Watching last years team, I never once thought they were well coached. I thought DM and NH were holding the team back. But players have more to do with what happens on the field than coaches ( except in a situation like Nate Hackett- a crony hire with no experience not ready for the big leagues). Notice how say, Jerry Hughes has ALWAYS had an issue with getting penalties? It's because of him, not some coach. I think Rex is a good coach, and has a good staff. They will be given some time to straighten things out. That's how the business works. The D was pretty good yesterday and got screwed by a bad call that probably stopped them from salvaging a W out of EJs meltdown. The fastest way for this team to improve is to get Tyrod and their WRs back. We still don't even know if TT is the answer, but the QB position is the one thing stopping the Bills from improving into a winner.

injuries aren't normally an excuse, but they are an excuse in some cases. Look at the Cowboys with Romo/Bryant and then look at them without Romo/Bryant.

Have TT/McCoy/Watkins been on the field together for more than 1=2 games?

the injuries on the offensive side of the ball have simply been too much to overcome. sucks, but nobody's fault.

Edited by bobobonators

Durability is actually a player attribute. Its one the current GM really tries to "beat". An older McCoy, injured Kiko, Injured Harvin, Injured Karlos, Injured Cyril Richardson, are all examples of guys people thought Whaley was a genius for getting "value" on. Turns out they dropped in value because they aren't durable. Its part of the problem, not an excuse for other problems.

Injuries ( "durability") are pretty random in the NFL. They are also inevitable. Not defending all of Whaleys moves, but injuries are not a mark on the GM in the same way as poor on field performance would be. If it were that easy, a few great GMs would have injury free teams while the bad ones had a list of walking wounded. I don't recall hearing of GMs that were fired for their teams being beset by injuries. Injuries are one of the most random things in the league. More than even the officiating.

Stop with the moving on from Rex Ryan talk. He's going to be here for 2 years minus a total meltdown.

Now I could see the Bills doing something stupid like moving on from Whaley. I can't wait to see the idiots on here defend the new inept GM when they are worse.

If you want to upgrade, show us who you have that has a better record in running an NFL team and scouting than Doug Whaley.

As to what to do now? It's a bye week.

Here is where I start:

1.Fire the special teams coach. You can't have players holding on every return.

2.Rex needs to continue to let the D-Line attack the QB. I also want to see more inside pressure as QB's have clean pockets this year. Also, if teams are going to throw quick we need to press receivers at the line and get our hands in throwing lanes.

3.If Karlos is not ready then time to sign Bryce Brown. Herron is not as good.

4.Kick and Punt returners. Can we do better here?

5.Equipment guys. Fire someone as you can't have headsets not functioning correctly.

6.Get swagger back. Team seems to have dialed that down since these losses, time to change that up.

7.Get screen game going. Make TT and EJ hit these passes 50 times a day, setup and practice blocking as we have Watkins as well for these.

8. Dareus? Where are you?

9.Get healthy!

Things I liked this week:

1.Team hasn't given up, kept fighting.

2.Offensive line was pretty good in pass protection. Kromer back helping?

3.Defensive ends looked much better. Hughes was a force, needs to stop being held!

4.Darby and Gilmore very good in coverage.

5.Nice blocking by WR's down the field

Injuries ( "durability") are pretty random in the NFL. They are also inevitable. Not defending all of Whaleys moves, but injuries are not a mark on the GM in the same way as poor on field performance would be. If it were that easy, a few great GMs would have injury free teams while the bad ones had a list of walking wounded. I don't recall hearing of GMs that were fired for their teams being beset by injuries. Injuries are one of the most random things in the league. More than even the officiating.

Good point about the officiating.

Stop with the moving on from Rex Ryan talk. He's going to be here for 2 years minus a total meltdown.

Now I could see the Bills doing something stupid like moving on from Whaley. I can't wait to see the idiots on here defend the new inept GM when they are worse.

If you want to upgrade, show us who you have that has a better record in running an NFL team and scouting than Doug Whaley.

As to what to do now? It's a bye week.

Here is where I start:

1.Fire the special teams coach. You can't have players holding on every return.

2.Rex needs to continue to let the D-Line attack the QB. I also want to see more inside pressure as QB's have clean pockets this year. Also, if teams are going to throw quick we need to press receivers at the line and get our hands in throwing lanes.

3.If Karlos is not ready then time to sign Bryce Brown. Herron is not as good.

4.Kick and Punt returners. Can we do better here?

5.Equipment guys. Fire someone as you can't have headsets not functioning correctly.

6.Get swagger back. Team seems to have dialed that down since these losses, time to change that up.

7.Get screen game going. Make TT and EJ hit these passes 50 times a day, setup and practice blocking as we have Watkins as well for these.

8. Dareus? Where are you?

9.Get healthy!

Things I liked this week:

1.Team hasn't given up, kept fighting.

2.Offensive line was pretty good in pass protection. Kromer back helping?

3.Defensive ends looked much better. Hughes was a force, needs to stop being held!

4.Darby and Gilmore very good in coverage.

5.Nice blocking by WR's down the field

I actually thought the OLINE was better with the injuries.