Thought the Bills had a shot at the AFCE this season?

CodeMonkey

Not according to Elo anyway. http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/new-england-patriots-are-almost-on-pace-to-be-the-greatest-of-all-time/

"And in the case of the 2015 Patriots, that rating is ridiculously good. Through the first six weeks of an NFL season,2 only three teams have ever possessed a higher Elo rating than New England’s current mark of 1736"

Interesting that even the Bills teams in the 90's didn't crack the top 25 all time 6 weeks into the season.

Brady is probably at least 80% of the basis for how well the cheats* are doing. Modern football is built to emphasize the talents of the QB almost to the point of little else matters. If you have an elite QB you are in the playoffs, it is really almost that simple.

They had a shot. Injuries hampered the efforts thus fat. There are 10 more games to go to see the final result.

What injuries have affected the defense the first 6 games? heck, with Darby playing better than we expected I would have expected the defense to be the #1 in the NFL and our record to be 5-1 at worst.. It's the same old Bills year after year, no matter how much we want it to be a different Bills it's just not going to happen.. We are cursed.... The defense sucks, Rex is full of crap, The special teams can't get out of it's own way, and the offense is like a white boy in a dance studio... No Rhythm!

My point was, that according to the Elo numbers the 2015 Pats are one of the best teams all time through 6 weeks anyway. For me at least it was never possible for the the Bills to rank that high this season, particularly with the QB situation.

And with the roster change-up for the Pats, I don't think anyone thought they'd be the best team ever..

Damn cheaters

Edited by LeGOATski

What injuries have affected the defense the first 6 games? heck, with Darby playing better than we expected I would have expected the defense to be the #1 in the NFL and our record to be 5-1 at worst.. It's the same old Bills year after year, no matter how much we want it to be a different Bills it's just not going to happen.. We are cursed.... The defense sucks, Rex is full of crap, The special teams can't get out of it's own way, and the offense is like a white boy in a dance studio... No Rhythm!

Granted the D injuries are much fewer but --- I think Aaron Williams is pretty good and not having him doesn't help the backfield.

Lets not forget the missing McKelvin, who IMO he helps the backfield too.

we're not close to as good as the Patriots, but with our stars on the field and healthy, this team would look a lot different. we have to hope after the bye we look very different out there. If it were anyone but the Jags, I'd say we are losing tomorrow, but I still worry we could even lose this game.

I'm not trying to be a debbie downer, but the volume of injuries is staggering.

I Think we realistically lost the AFC East chances by not beating New England earlier this year. To take them down we would have had to beat them twice and hope they lost a few more over the year. I hate them, but they are probably the best football team in the AFC and maybe the best in the NFL. Further, as much as I hate them, I think it was a stretch to think we would beat them in that game. Would have been a terrific upset! All that being said, I still think we have a shot at the wild card once we heal up. Tomorrow's game is important to give us a winning record going into the bye where we heal and hopefully restructure our defensive game plan. I think Ryan promised the playoffs and I'm hoping he can deliver, but I never really thought we'd win the Division.

One bizarre and unlikely possibility is the NFL actually enforcing Brady's four game suspension and the team falling apart...but I don't see that happening.

The one team that can beat them is the Packers. I'd gladly watch that game. It should have been last year. The Packs beat them in the season.

Maybe Manning gets his act together as the Broncos look like they have the best defense in the NFL. They also need a run game if they want to beat the Patriots.

We never had a shot. Get real. Everybody's been saying we closed the gap with the Patriots which was HILARIOUS!!! Games are won on the football field, not on paper. Until we start beating the Patriots on the field, we haven't made any progress and will continue to struggle. Jets clearly have made progress and have a shot in the division. Another 8-8 season and 8-12 overall draft pick coming up. Sounds familiar.