Not one sack?? Flush $1 million down the drain.

Wanna know why the Bills defense isn't anywhere near as good as last year!!

"Mario Williams: I think I set a record for dropping into coverage"

"The Bills fell to 3-3 in a 34-21 loss to the Bengals on Sunday that saw Andy Dalton throw three touchdowns without being sacked once by the Buffalo defense."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/18/mario-williams-i-think-i-set-a-record-for-dropping-into-coverage/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

The Bills defense was not able to pressure Andy Dalton all game!

Edited by Nihilarian

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not one sack??? Are you shittin' me?? Unbelievable. No pressure. No rushed passes. No run defense. Who's fault is this? Teach me.

We have an ego-centric coach who forces his players to succumb to his defensive philosophy, rather than create a defensive philosophy that maximizes his players' talent.

The best coaches in sport remain flexible and adapt their coaching to available talent.

Rex doesn't seem to be one of those guys.

Weren't Schwartz's teams undisciplined, too? With Schwartz at HC and not just DC, I have a feeling we'd be complaining about the same issues...

Roman as HC and keeping Schwartz at DC could have been intriguing.

Hopefully, Rex turns it around.

It sure doesn't feel like the fun we had last year when the D was getting after it does it ?

I agree. I hope Rex sees the light and gets this thing going. let the front four eat.

Btw my issue is Hughes. he is becoming nearly useless. and yes i watched. He should be lining up everywhere not just off the edge and then turning outside. turn inside and get those hands up Jerry!

Mario did that perfectly today , but the second/third stringer Rambo lost the battle

We have an ego-centric coach who forces his players to succumb to his defensive philosophy, rather than create a defensive philosophy that maximizes his players' talent.

The best coaches in sport remain flexible and adapt their coaching to available talent.

Rex doesn't seem to be one of those guys.

sure he is, It's just not showing up on the field.

still a disconnect between the play calls and the communication. saw it today, again.

its been noted they have already simplified things.

wip.

dont give up on the bathwater yet folks.

This scheme is bull ****. Too many times you see Kyle or Mario Williams standing up and dropping back. It's not cute.

I agree, cute does not cut the mustard, at this point.

get pad on pad and out hustle the man in front of you

Do you think when Don Shula had Dan Marino he thought to himself oh boy I am a running coach becuase I had Larry Csonka, Kick and Mercury Morris and we ran the ball like 50 times a game. A good coach knows how to use his personnel. Rex is trying to force his defensive ideas on this team and he does not have the right personnel. He should let this team go back to letting the defensive line go into full attack mode and play the NINE WIDE defense. He's trying to force a defense on this team that can'y play the style he wants. Rex does not have the linebackers to play this style defense he is trying to install. Rex just needs to swallow his pride. Why can't he see the Bills defense is going backwards. This was once feared defense and now they are playing passive and look like a bunch of girls out there. get your act together Rex This is starting to get embarrassing to watch.

I blame EJ. Yes. It was definitely EJ. He hasn't made a single sack since he's been in The League.

If you don't believe me, read some of the other threads and posts in this insane asylum.

Whew i thought I was the only one who sees the light. If they bench EJ and put Tyrod and his golden jockstrap in. Instant 12 sacks a game

Doesnt anyone find it funny that we are nowhere near as good as we were under Pettine? People swore it was the same defense. Guess we were wrong. We couldnt stop the run then. But Robey was getting sacks Searcy was getting sacks. People were hitting. We couldnt stop the run but I could live with a weaker run d if we could finally rush the qb and force worse passes