Week 7: Jaguars' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umenyiora: Losing Tyrod Taylor a blow for Bills (4:17)

Former New York Giants defensive end Osi Umenyiora checks in from London, England to talk about the upcoming Buffalo Bills and Jacksonville Jaguars game and more.

Olson: "Finishing plays physically" (7:44)

Jaguars offensive coordinator Greg Olson meets the media ahead of the Week 7 game against the Buffalo Bills in London.

Babich: "We're looking forward to it" (6:47)
Jaguars defensive coordinator Bob Babich meets the media ahead of the Week 7 game against the Buffalo Bills at Wembley Stadium in London.

Bradley: "Put the best 11 on the field" (3:29)
Jaguars Head Coach Gus Bradley meets the media Thursday after the final stateside practice before the Week 7 game against the Buffalo Bills at Wembley Stadium in London.

How about these for a TBT?

@BNchronicles Oct 21

If you like the Aud gallery, then you might like our look back at the Rockpile: http://galleries.buffalonews.com/default.aspx?id=1594#/0

@TBNSports 18h18 hours ago

While @BNchronicles is talking sports venues, how about a look back at The Ralph? #Bills http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Site=BN&Date=20141014&Category=PHOTOGALLERIES&ArtNo=101409998&Ref=PH

:lol: that'd be a great prop bet for Sunday. Do you think there will be more points scored or penalties enforced?

Which has more yards - (either) offense or total penalty yards?

Is it fair to say that if EJ has another game like last week, where all the "old, bad EJ" habits were on display, in spite of the supposed advances we saw in preseason, that we can officially drop support for him as a potential starter and mentally begin around here to move on to another potential "franchise QB"?

All I have to say on the matter is the Bills played against an undefeated team, so I have to wonder do you credit a better Cincy team D or a lousy Bills team O?

Ugh... Tyrod's backup has to play. Now we get to hear how "great" he is (or is going to be) once this team throttles the hopeless Jaguars.

The guy looks awkward. There is nothing smooth or natural about him. It's all really hard. He doesn't hit guys in stride. But we've beaten this horse to death.

The last thing I want is a freaking QB controversy after the Bills smash the Jaguars.

Ugh... Tyrod's backup has to play. Now we get to hear how "great" he is (or is going to be) once this team throttles the hopeless Jaguars.

The guy looks awkward. There is nothing smooth or natural about him. It's all really hard. He doesn't hit guys in stride. But we've beaten this horse to death.

The last thing I want is a freaking QB controversy after the Bills smash the Jaguars.

Is there some reason that you habitually refuse to simply call him "EJ"?

Yeah, I say Go Bills too. :rolleyes:

Is there some reason that you habitually refuse to simply call him "EJ"?

How about we all just root for a Bills win and forget about all of the ancillary silliness. Too much to ask of some I guess. :lol:

I cannot stand watching EJ play. It's as simple as that.

That is a decidedly different answer than:

Yes, I'm an angry, frustrated, bitter fan, and I dread the thought of a non-stop argument about "EJ vs Tyrod" for the rest of this season while "who is starting this week?" is always up in the air.

That is a decidedly different answer than:

Not at all.

I cannot stand watching EJ play (because I have come to the conclusion that he isn't any good). Thus, I dread a scenario where the question every week is "EJ or Tyrod?"

I don't see what is so complicated about that.

Not at all.

I cannot stand watching EJ play (because I have come to the conclusion that he isn't any good). Thus, I dread a scenario where the question every week is "EJ or Tyrod?"

I don't see what is so complicated about that.

It actually is a big difference. If it was "EJ beat the Bengals" then it would be a scenario you would have to worry about but I don't think anyone is going to be thumping their chests if EJ beats the Jags.

I have no doubt that if the team losses to the Jags there will be people thumping their chests about how "he isn't any good" regardless of how he plays(or the team as a whole for that matter).

Edited by The Wiz

After further reflection I have determined that I may have made the following mistakes:

1) I was a bit too harsh regarding EJ. Referring to him as "Tyrod's backup" was uncalled for.

2) I probably did over-think and over-react.

I think being injured and out of work for a few weeks has given me too much free time. Luckily I'm back to work next week!

Thank you Bandit et al. for your assistance in this matter.