My 10 cents on the game.

BmarvB

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The team lacks a true star on defense this season. Dareus has regressed. Kyle is on the other side of the hill. Mario isn't worth anywhere near 100 mm. Hughes penalties offset any positives. The secondary and linebackers are very NFL average at best.

Or.... The coaching and scheming is destroying the defense. Rex is not using the players correctly. He is overthinking our gameplan, and not allowing our players' natural strengths shine. I have a hard time believing the players have all regressed. I think it's all coaching.

Or.... The coaching and scheming is destroying the defense. Rex is not using the players correctly. He is overthinking our gameplan, and not allowing our players' natural strengths shine. I have a hard time believing the players have all regressed. I think it's all coaching.

Hard to blame scheme on Mario not winning one on one battles or Hughes boneheaded penalties. Talent is over rated. Defense stats last year were colored by teams not having to score more than 20 to win most games.

special teams regression has a lot to do with penalties and losing easley

Tank? They are 3 & 3. Rex is not great nor lousy. He is a average coach. EJ played well today. Taylor is a top 20 QB (look up his stats). Injuries have hampered this team. Get healthy and they will win.

Double baloney

Taylor is a top 10 QB lol. He's ranked #7 in terms of stats.

It's the same front 4 that terrorized last year under Schwartz so I have to agree it's the scheme and coaching. Rex and Dennis need to simplify things.

.500 football. Just average. Blah Blah Blah...................... Kinda had the feeling going in that they couldn't give up more than 24 points to have a chance. No turnovers. No sacks. Special teams suck........

Edited by bmur66

Hard to blame scheme on Mario not winning one on one battles or Hughes boneheaded penalties. Talent is over rated. Defense stats last year were colored by teams not having to score more than 20 to win most games.

That las bit is kinda silly. No team just starts giving up sacks because they are beating us.

Seriously, hard to blame the scheme? when they play a coverage type defense and not the overload blitz scheme Pettine used to run?

The only thing that's changed is the scheme, and Ryan needs to go!

1. The Buffalo Bills have a lousy Head Coach.

2. The Buffalo Bills quarterbacks aren't NFL level quarterbacks.

3. Whomever said TANK the rest of the season is right!

4. TANK the rest of the season but more than likely this time next year the Buffalo Bills will be .500.

Cool story.

1. The Buffalo Bills have a lousy Head Coach.

2. The Buffalo Bills quarterbacks aren't NFL level quarterbacks.

3. Whomever said TANK the rest of the season is right!

4. TANK the rest of the season but more than likely this time next year the Buffalo Bills will be .500.

It's official. We suck. I mean, not suck as in first overall pick in the draft suck. But suck as in "not really competitive against good teams, not even at home." I don't really want to hear about injuries. The Steelers (and no, as things stand we are not competitive with them for a wild card) just dismantled Arizona with their 3rd string quarterback, and with their Pro Bowl center done for the year. We suck as in "no different than when Ryan Fitzpatrick was QB", or "no different than when EJ Manuel v. 1.0 was QB", or "no different (actually, a little bit worse) than when Doug Marrone was head coach and Kyle Orton was QB." Zero progress on offense. Oh, the offense is different, but it's not better. Actually a couple steps back on defense, despite the fact that Darby has been an upgrade and every other key player returned. Take a non-red, white, blue Bills-colored lenses look at what's happening: Jets dump Rex, Jets are better despite missing Sheldon Richardson on D the first 4 games. Bills hire Rex, are worse despite having no key injuries (don't give me Aaron Williams). Pre-season I said 8-8, and that's exactly what we're headed for. And you know what? This team is built to win now, not in 2017 or 2018. They just committed huge money to players who will be past their prime before Tom Brady retires. This is not a young, rising team. It is a middle-aged (actually slightly older than normal) .500 team spinning its wheels in Buffalo slush, still unable to even be competitive at home against the true playoff teams.

Edited by The Frankish Reich

The formula for making the playoffs:

Winning record at home

Wining record within the division

Winning the games you're supposed to win.

Right now, this looks like an 8-8 season, but anything can happen. I'm not giving up on them yet. Holding on to hope for 10-6 and a wild card, but it's not looking good at all like this.

My take:

1. It is officially time to light a fire under the coaching staff over the defense. It's a disaster.

2. Offense is just too banged up to win. Nothing really to be done about it, just sucks.

3. EJ played ok for a backup QB. He could continue to grow and be a decent back up but never a starter in this league.

4. Special teams is terrible. Worst unit on the team.

5. Obligatory penalty comment.

Overall, we're just not doing the things it takes to win. The defense is not itself and it needs to be. Then special teams and penalties kill us, with no turnovers to compensate. Offense is just hopeless...IDK what to do w/ no players it is a sad situation.

Hope to god we can win a sloppy one in London and get to the bye and heal up. Come out strong after the bye hopefully healthy and with some schedule relief.

Edited by Rex'sOffense

They just committed huge money to players who will be past their prime before Tom Brady retires. This is not a young, rising team. It is a middle-aged (actually slightly older than normal) .500 team spinning its wheels in Buffalo slush, still unable to even be competitive at home against the true playoff teams.

:bag:

1. Penalties weren't as killer this time, but still....

2. Welcome back Shady.

3. How quickly the front 7 went from sack demons over the last 2 years to minimal pressure on the QB's this year. I still say the defense was much better last year under Schwartz.

4. Is it me, or has the special teams (outside of the punter) regressed ?

5. Let's hope Watkins injury didn't make things worse for him. And on another note, Marquise Goodwin is too fragile for football and this level.

6. Kyle Williams is a warrior. Hope he's not going to be out a while

7. Duke Williams – good hitter, liability in coverage.

8. On 3rd and whatever, throw the ball to someone either past the first down marker, or at least within a yard of it and hope they get the first down!

9. EJ's really not as bad as his critics make him out to be. He doesn't suck, he's just not good enough yet but he is improving. In all fairness to him, he was put in a tough spot this week, the Bengals are for real. Can't put too much of this loss on him, it was a team loss. I'd like to see him start – and win vs Jags in London next week to give TT another week of rest.

10. Not many teams make the playoffs with a losing record at home. We're at 1-3 right now but let's not write them off yet. We still have a lot of football left. GO BILLS!!!!

I agree with #8

I was shouting this at the TV yesterday

CBF

Take a non-red, white, blue Bills-colored lenses look at what's happening: Jets dump Rex, Jets are better despite missing Sheldon Richardson on D the first 4 games. Bills hire Rex, are worse despite having no key injuries (don't give me Aaron Williams). Pre-season I said 8-8, and that's exactly what we're headed for.

Buffalo will be Rex Ryan's last HC job.

And I seriously doubt he leaves with a winning record. And I wouldn't be surprised if the Pegulas fire Rex Ryan after just one season with the Buffalo Bills.