What's the over/under on Rex getting fired after 2 years?

cale

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He'll be around way too long I have a feeling. The game has passed him by.

Last year, I told my Jet fan brother in law that Rex and his brother BOTH need to disappear from the NFL. Then Rex came here....I'm saying right now, after 6 games, he won't lead this team anywhere. He sucks as a coach and his teams suck too.

This is an excellent observation and I would encourage you to start a topic on it. Especially the cap part. People need to know what's going on.

I'd be shocked. Shocked if Mario Williams is on this team next year. It says here that he gets traded or cut in the offseason. Unless of course, he massively restructures.

That was some bad D scheming today. Dalton is not Brady or Manning! You rush him blitz him hit him and he gives you the ball. Rex has lost his way. Sad. I wish we had the Real Rex from his first 2 years with NYJ. That guy was the real deal. This Rex does not have a pulse on his players or the opposing team. Brutal.

Yup. .500 record or less, bad contracts and cap hell. Pegula hired Rex, Whaley is old guard.

Whaley gets fired after this year.

Well you've certainly made it clear in as many threads as possible what you think of Whaley. I don't know how someone could look at this roster and conclude he needs to lose his job as soon as possible. This team needs a coaching change more than the GM imo, but what do I know. And I don't think we're going to be in cap hell, we'll see a fair bit of restructuring, sure. McCoy is the only contract I dislike.

Edited by NickelCity

Regardless of penalties this defense is just not getting it done. They were supposed to be carrying this team and making plays. From what I've watched they get torn apart underneath and can't stop the run consistently. They're average at best and are supposed to be the staple "given" of any Rex Ryan coached team. They're by far the biggest disappointment of the year

This is an excellent observation and I would encourage you to start a topic on it. Especially the cap part. People need to know what's going on.

Agreed. I just mentioned it too on the "my ten cents" thread. This team is built to win now, or 2016 at the latest. After that it's a highway to hell with the huge money locked into players who will be well into their decline phases. Everyone always says, "do what it takes, sign Jerry Hughes, sign Dareus," etc., etc. It takes discipline to no when to say no. Whaley, Brandon, etc., of course couldn't do that -- they don't have the job security to do it. They rolled the dice on the make the playoffs now, get the extension theory. And right now, that isn't looking like a good gamble.