NFL Sunday Ticket Question.

stevestojan

Mods, I'm guessing this question is answered in the depths of this board. I searched. Promise.

I live in Virginia Beach. I pay $350 for Sunday Ticket, streaming. I do not have cable. I stream Sunday Ticket through the interwebs.

I think I know the answer to this question, but here goes:

This is the first Bills game this year that will be "nationally" televised in my area.

Here's my question: since the game is on CBS in my area (which again, I don't have cable and even with my over-the-air antenna I only get ABC) I won't be able to watch it on Sunday Ticket, correct?

You should be able to log in to the cbs site and use your directv info to watch or straight on directv Sunday ticket like normal.

Sorry, I should have mentioned this in my post. I don't have Direct TV. I literally have no cable/satellite service. I bought an Xbox just to be able to use NFL Sunday ticket. I pay the full price. I pay that to be able to stream it.

Typically any game that is broadcast locally will not be available through Sunday Ticket. Every now and then a game will sneak through but I wouldn't count on it.

This wasn't always the case but local broadcasters complained they were losing viewers to games they had rights to so Sunday Ticket started blacking out games that were being broadcast locally.

You won't get next weeks game from London on the ticket either since it's only being broadcast by Yahoo streaming

Edited by Max997

I would think you'd have no issue streaming because it's not being prodcast to you via a television outlet. They don't know where you physically are on the we so as long as you have paid services - I think you're watching the game with no issue.

Mods, I'm guessing this question is answered in the depths of this board. I searched. Promise.

I live in Virginia Beach. I pay $350 for Sunday Ticket, streaming. I do not have cable. I stream Sunday Ticket through the interwebs.

This is the first Bills game this year that will be "nationally" televised in my area.

Here's my question: since the game is on CBS in my area (which again, I don't have cable and even with my over-the-air antenna I only get ABC) I won't be able to watch it on Sunday Ticket, correct?

1.) No you will not get the game if the game is local to your billing zip code.

2.) Why are you paying $350?

Directv charges $199 for streaming only.

3.) Go to Radio Shack and get an over the air HD antennae.

The game will come in crystal clear.

AmazonBasics Ultra-Thin Amplified Indoor HDTV Antenna - 50 Mile Range https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DIFIP06/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_mZ1iwbEYR804J

1.) No you will not get the game if the game is local to your billing zip code.

2.) Why are you paying $350?

Directv charges $199 for streaming only.

3.) Go to Radio Shack and get an over the air HD antennae.

The game will come in crystal clear.

AmazonBasics Ultra-Thin Amplified Indoor HDTV Antenna - 50 Mile Range https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DIFIP06/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_mZ1iwbEYR804J

350 was the price to get it on computer, iPad, Xbox, etc. I got the "premium" package.

Thanks for the advice on the antenna.

I would think you'd have no issue streaming because it's not being prodcast to you via a television outlet. They don't know where you physically are on the we so as long as you have paid services - I think you're watching the game with no issue.

Yes they do know where you are based on the account you are using to get the ticket and of course how you are paying for it based on billing zip code. There are other ways like your IP they could use to determine your location as well.

Edited by Max997

350 was the price to get it on computer, iPad, Xbox, etc. I got the "premium" package.

Thanks for the advice on the antenna.

An over the air antenna should work but depends how far away you are from where CBS is broadcasting from. Some come with amplifiers and will work better than others

There is also a private app for the Roku you could install and watch for free for 45 days before being required to upgrade to their pay service.

• 3 weeks later...

I STILL haven't bought in yet, but it looks like the Bills / Phins will not be on TV up here per the Xfinity channel guide online (though I'll wait for the TV maps to confirm).

The ST Online is now at $100 for the season, but I think I'll only have four more games where I'll need it. Do I drop the loot, or bar it out (which will likely cost me more than $100 :D:beer: )

I STILL haven't bought in yet, but it looks like the Bills / Phins will not be on TV up here per the Xfinity channel guide online (though I'll wait for the TV maps to confirm).

The ST Online is now at $100 for the season, but I think I'll only have four more games where I'll need it. Do I drop the loot, or bar it out (which will likely cost me more than $100 :D:beer: )

I looked to program the game to record it and I got nada, TBD, yet it lists the Bills Jets game the following Thursday. I did see something referencing the Bills on 705.

They have been screwing up the scheduling big time since the merger with ATT.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

You lost me at......you pay $350 for the Sunday Ticket.

Oops, nevermind. I was so taken back by you saying you pay full price, I didn't see where you had to pay full price because you stream it. Don't know if that's as negotiable as the TV version of Sunday Ticket or not.

Sorry. lol

Edited by Lv-Bills

Bar it out; bars deserve money more.

bar -- because you will also get beer and food for your money ... And misery loves company :lol:

$350??? Oh NO buddy. You can do much better than that. How bout this instead:

Over 100,000 movies from past to present

1000 + channels

All seasons and episodes of your favorite TV shows (again, past & present)

Sporting events from all over the world.

All NFL, NBA, NHL, and MLB games

No commercials to interrupt your movie watching

All with NO monthly costs and NO contracts.

Go to www.ibourl.com/2tp3

And take a look at a much better option.

I ended up getting the Online Ticket (just couldn't do the bar) - did anyone else have massive problems this week? Saw a few complaints in the ShoutBox and definitely on Twitter...

Disappointing because I've had the online ticket in the past and it's worked great. Not this time! And worse yet, I have to call DTV to complain? Boo...