Marcus Easley

YoloinOhio

The only reason he is on the roster is for ST. Huge play to set up TD with the turnover on the first KO and he's offsides? I think this should never happen if you have one job!!

It was bizarre and inexcusable, but also a ticky tacky call that has no effect on the outcome of the play. It's one of those calls conspiracy theorists could use to say the refs are rigging the games. That ostensibly changed the outcome of the whole half.

The only reason he is on the roster is for ST. Huge play to set up TD with the turnover on the first KO and he's offsides? I think this should never happen if you have one job!!

He had a new kicker, and the timing was off between them. I can forgive that - once.

It was bizarre and inexcusable, but also a ticky tacky call that has no effect on the outcome of the play. It's one of those calls conspiracy theorists could use to say the refs are rigging the games. That ostensibly changed the outcome of the whole half.

ok - I was just going through the sequence of the 1st half as I didn't see it live. So just another horrible call.

I think it happens more than you think but rarely gets called....I have no facts to back it up but my tinfoil hat tells me I'm correct.

Indeed. It was also Cundiff's first KO in live game action, and the timing may have been off. Every KO team practices to hit the line just as the ball is struck, and it's rare the call is made. It just happened this time, and the fumble was coincidental. Players and fans need to be able to shake that off. Note that the flag was called at the instant it occurred, not later, so the fumble was moot. It's not like a penalty that is called on a defender just as he makes an INT or anything like that.

Edited by RJ (not THAT RJ)

Indeed. It was also Cundiff's first KO in live game action, and the timing may have been off. Every KO team practices to hit the line just as the ball is struck, and it's rare the call is made. It just happened this time, and the fumble was coincidental. Players and fans need to be able to shake that off. It's not like a penalty that is called on a defender just as he makes an INT or anything like that.

ok ok . Let him live.

I think it happens more than you think but rarely gets called....I have no facts to back it up but my tinfoil hat tells me I'm correct.

I felt like the refs were in favor of the Bills at times, but then I wonder why stuff like this happens. Perhaps they wanted to keep the score under the over/under.

Indeed. It was also Cundiff's first KO in live game action, and the timing may have been off. Every KO team practices to hit the line just as the ball is struck, and it's rare the call is made. It just happened this time, and the fumble was coincidental. Players and fans need to be able to shake that off. Note that the flag was called at the instant it occurred, not later, so the fumble was moot. It's not like a penalty that is called on a defender just as he makes an INT or anything like that.

In that case, my theory is probably wrong.

He had a new kicker, and the timing was off between them. I can forgive that - once.

Bingo. AFAIK this has never been an issue with Easley. I thought the new kicker thing, too when I first saw it. I also thought another Bill (a bit further down the ling) might have been offsides, too.

ok - I was just going through the sequence of the 1st half as I didn't see it live. So just another horrible call.

Why in the world are you starting threads calling out guys when you didn't watch the game and are reading a game log? Seems a good time to sit back and read til you get to watch

Bingo. AFAIK this has never been an issue with Easley. I thought the new kicker thing, too when I first saw it. I also thought another Bill (a bit further down the ling) might have been offsides, too.

Yup. It's a timing thing and we changed the routine mid season. It's not crazy they'd have a hiccup potentially. If not for the unpredictable end result we'd hardly notice (besides crossmans general inability to prep a unit)

Easley was barely a yard offsides, that happens a ton on kick-offs just is never flagged. If it was a few yards I'd question him but between it being .5-1yd and new kicker I'd just say bad luck.

Good calls by the refs today. Think the DPI on Graham was a make-up call for horse collar. Was worried they would call DPI on Gilmore's interception. If it wasn't for the Bills I'd only watch NCAA ball, hate having to watch the refs every time a play is made for either side.

Easley was barely a yard offsides, that happens a ton on kick-offs just is never flagged. If it was a few yards I'd question him but between it being .5-1yd and new kicker I'd just say bad luck.

Good calls by the refs today. Think the DPI on Graham was a make-up call for horse collar. Was worried they would call DPI on Gilmore's interception. If it wasn't for the Bills I'd only watch NCAA ball, hate having to watch the refs every time a play is made for either side.

every single play I'm waiting for a flag. Ridiculous.

This

Why in the world are you starting threads calling out guys when you didn't watch the game and are reading a game log? Seems a good time to sit back and read til you get to watch

Yup. It's a timing thing and we changed the routine mid season. It's not crazy they'd have a hiccup potentially. If not for the unpredictable end result we'd hardly notice (besides crossmans general inability to prep a unit)

Can't do that as it's all about the me world now.

Gotta be honest here- CBS genius Steve Tasker said that the foot has to touch over the line to be offsides- they showed the replay- froze it- and when it ran you saw his foot touch after the kick-

I am not sure if Tasker is correct but if he is then Easley was not offsides- that of course did not fit CBS narrative of the Bills being so horrible due to penalties so they did not show again-

Gotta be honest here- CBS genius Steve Tasker said that the foot has to touch over the line to be offsides- they showed the replay- froze it- and when it ran you saw his foot touch after the kick-

I am not sure if Tasker is correct but if he is then Easley was not offsides- that of course did not fit CBS narrative of the Bills being so horrible due to penalties so they did not show again-

Heard his say that also

How much attention did you expect it to get? They showed the replay and had their announcer address it explicitly.