Bills bars in French quarter

Jasonp325

Trust Kirby, Ugly Dog Saloon. Trust the cab driver to get you home. That's what I did....as far as I know. All Bills fans. Bit of a walk from French Quarter, but if you leave 5 hours early, like I did, and stop every block for food and drinks, like I did, it's an interesting trip. I should have given it 30 minutes so I'd be more clear on some details.

WWas in town for the pats game. Watched at the Ugly dog. Good place to watch but they waste a lot of space in the Bills room with a couch. I ended up watching out in the main area bc there wasn't enough seating. Good food though and it's always better around other Bills fans. Have fun

That's where I watched the game against the Vikings there last year. It was pretty good, people were nice.

Edit: I was talking about the Ugly Dog, btw.

Edited by todd

I've got a fun one - will be "stuck" in Florence Italy for the game. 7pm start and I'm already looking for a bar with football (as opposed to football). :beer:

Have fun in NO, if there's one thing that town knows, it's how to have a good time!!

I've got a fun one - will be "stuck" in Florence Italy for the game. 7pm start and I'm already looking for a bar with football (as opposed to football). :beer:

Have fun in NO, if there's one thing that town knows, it's how to have a good time!!

City that size will have somewhere getting the game. Try the Red Garter in Florence

City that size will have somewhere getting the game. Try the Red Garter in Florence

Will do - grazie!

Bigger question, as a Bills fan am I allowed to drink red wine all game? I mean, we ain't San Francisco... :D

Will do - grazie!

Bigger question, as a Bills fan am I allowed to drink red wine all game? I mean, we ain't San Francisco... :D

When in Rome!

Have fun. Love that city, the pace, the vibe, the bars , the restuarants....just everything about is awesome.

BTW , I think 100% unacceptable to go into an American style bar when traveling abroad, except when it comes to watching the Bills, then, it's not only acceptable but expected.

Wife was going shoot me few years back when in Paris found a place to watch a meaningless Bills finale against the Pats.... But not meaningless to me!

Edited by plenzmd1

When in Rome!

Have fun. Love that city, the pace, the vibe, the bars , the restuarants....just everything about is awesome.

BTW , I think 100% unacceptable to go into an American style bar when traveling abroad, except when it comes to watching the Bills, then, it's not only acceptable but expected.

Wife was going shoot me few years back when in Paris found a place to watch a meaningless Bills finale against the Pats.... But not meaningless to me!

All so true!

Just woke up to a full marching band singing some sort of foght song outside our window - I'll take that as a good sign... :beer:

All so true!

Just woke up to a full marching band singing some sort of foght song outside our window - I'll take that as a good sign... :beer:

Have fun today. BTW, not to turn this into a travel show....but we took the bus to Siena for a great day trip... Seem to remember took about an hour on the bus, nice ride and Siena was wonderful. I think the bus station is very near the train station.

Plus had the nice hour ride back to sleep off the two wine bottle lunch we had!

I am sure you have already looked at it, just thought would give my recommendation.

Edited by plenzmd1

Have fun today.

Thanks for the advice (trimmed to not overly hijack this thread :D).

Stopped by Red Garter and another bar that had games, but no Buffalo. Missed this one (first in a loooong time) for some amazing vino and food, but semi-followed when I could find WiFi.

Always fun to follow a game though the GD threads - you get such a skewed version of reality. Sounds like I missed a stinker, but wow, you would have thought the Bills were the worst team in the league!

Regardless onward and upward, I'm gonna continue to be a Buffalo fan until at least the end of the season. Likely even longer, I'm guessing :beer: