Jonas Jennings' quote from January

The Jokeman

I was reading through some things I had bookmarked and ran across this in an article from a few weeks ago. Forgive me if it's been quoted before but maybe we're all too quick to think Jonas will leave....

"I'd hate to leave my O-line. I feel it's something that I helped build. We've got some cohesion going. I've been here with different coaches, different schemes and now we're peaking and now I've got to make one of the toughest decisions of my life. That's hard. My teammates and my line coach, Jim McNally, will be big factors in what I decide. I want to be back but it's got to be fair for both parties. It's part of the business and unfortunately, I'm about to hit it." - LT Jonas Jennings, who becomes an unrestricted free agent in March.

From USA Today.com

I was reading through some things I had bookmarked and ran across this in an article from a few weeks ago. Forgive me if it's been quoted before but maybe we're all too quick to think Jonas will leave....

From USA Today.com

239252[/snapback]

I still say he can be brought back for a amount that will still allow us to resign Pat AND get that quality Left Guard

I still say he can be brought back for a amount that will still allow us to resign Pat AND get that quality Left Guard

239260[/snapback]

That's what I was trying to say, so many think that he is looking to break the bank but in reading that quote I think we might be able to sign him to a fair deal.

239260[/snapback]

We have planety of cash to sign Walter Jones, Pat Williams, and get a quality LG / C as well as sign an experienced backup QB.

We have planety of cash to sign Walter Jones, Pat Williams, and get a quality LG / C as well as sign an experienced backup QB.

239266[/snapback]

I just don't believe we have a shot at Walter Jones. Our best bet is to resign Jennings (hopefully at a reasonable cost).

The only place JJ would rather be besides Buffalo is Atlanta. Fortunately for the Bills, Atlanta is in serious cap hell.

With Atlanta out of the picture (barring a massive restructuring by numerous people on Atlanta's roster), JJ is only forced to decide between Buffalo or more money from a lesser team.

I've said it before, JJ is SMART. He wants to be an agent when he hangs it up. I wouldn't doubt that JJ knows the Bills' cap number better than most GMs. If he honestly wants to stay here, he will find a way to make it happen. If his only interest is money, then he is as good as gone.

I am betting he will be a Bill in 2005.

239266[/snapback]

:blink:

The Bills are going to be about 14-15 million under the cap. Jones alone is going to command over half that amount.

There is no way the Bills could afford Jones, P-Diddy, a LG AND a journeyman QB. Jones won't be a Bill.

I think we will.....

I actually think there are a couple more cuts that need to be made...Prelou?

239282[/snapback]

John, I hate to be contrary, but I hope that the Bills can find a way to keep PP, perhaps at a lesser cost. He is SO good on STs!

On one punt this season, this guy "fast freddie" had a dumb late hit. I could hear Priouleaux yelling at him "we dont do that here."

I dont think he will ever be a very good safety, but I would truly hate to see the chemistry of those special teams disrupted.

John, I hate to be contrary, but I hope that the Bills can find a way to keep PP, perhaps at a lesser cost. He is SO good on STs!

On one punt this season, this guy "fast freddie" had a dumb late hit. I could hear Priouleaux yelling at him "we dont do that here."

I dont think he will ever be a very good safety, but I would truly hate to see the chemistry of those special teams disrupted.

239315[/snapback]

Of the 5 safeties on the team, Milloy, Vincent, Prioleau, Reese & Wire, we better be bringing in some one else to be a backup if Prioleau is cut. Reese & Wire are below average at the position. Prioleau looks like a bargain next to these two.

Of the 5 safeties on the team, Milloy, Vincent, Prioleau, Reese & Wire, we better be bringing in some one else to be a backup if Prioleau is cut.  Reese & Wire are below average at the position.  Prioleau looks like a bargain next to these two.

239319[/snapback]

Doesn't Reese make like a mil as well? I agree that he would be the man to cut. As BNYC points out, his (PP's) special teams play is quite good. He also has a knack for Blitzing well in certain lineup-determined situations. He is not anything but a just below average safety but he does play both safety positions.

From USA Today.com

239252[/snapback]

Project 15 million in cap room with Drew being cut and Moulds reworking his contract. You figure they give Jonas a nice long term contract with a salary bonus that is pro-rated to the end of the contract, pay him maybe $2-3 a year, sign Pat to something Similar, then yea we got plenty of room to get a LG and a journeyman QB.

Question is, who are the journeymen QBs out there?

239315[/snapback]

You know it would totally rock if we haven't seen Teams peak yet!!! :blink:

Of the 5 safeties on the team, Milloy, Vincent, Prioleau, Reese & Wire, we better be bringing in some one else to be a backup if Prioleau is cut.  Reese & Wire are below average at the position.  Prioleau looks like a bargain next to these two.

239319[/snapback]

And that's the truth !!! Amen....