Lions got SCREWED

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You fumble the ball at the 1 yard line - you live with what you did.

End of discussion.

No offense to the myriad of Lions fans here

On one hand, you make a good point. OTOH, the rules are there for a reason, and the Seahags CLEARLY violated them, and the incompetence of the NFL official should not have to be tolerated. That ref who blew the call should be fired ASAP.

Here's the rule:

A player may not bat or punch:

(a) A loose ball (in field of play) toward his opponents goal line or in any direction in either end zone.

Seems pretty cut and dried. Seahawks squirrel out again due to refs (and players) not knowing the rules.

I recall many instances of offensive or ST players batting or kicking the ball out of their own end zone for an intentional safety with no flag.

Color me surprised that they screwed up again. Time to for the refs to be accountable for learning the rule book or nah? What a bunch of BS.

While refs in hockey and umps in baseball miss calls , at least they know the rule book. Some NFL refs just seem clueless out there.

I think that's because 2 points are awarded, vs a touchback/change of possesion.

I understand the difference, but the rule above says in either direction in either end zone so that leads me to conclude this is one of those odd rules that is rarely if ever enforced. If it was, than the player would have likely known that and simply covered the ball (which he could have easily done).

The Lions got 'screwed' by Kam Chancellor's sensational play, not the refs.

Ya know, here is the thing that really grates on me, they are so eagle eyed to not miss a single

holding, personal foul, or even the faintest move on a false start, yet they miss the most obvious

rules and infractions and blow calls that really impact the outcome of the game.

IMHO, the worst officiated sport going, by far! It really stems from the over officious leanings,

in the name of player safety, that the leauge exhibits now. Croc!

On one hand, you make a good point. OTOH, the rules are there for a reason, and the Seahags CLEARLY violated them, and the incompetence of the NFL official should not have to be tolerated. That ref who blew the call should be fired ASAP.

Rules? Like the rules apply for the NFL darlings!

even if a penalty was committed on the play?

All I am saying is that there are blown calls all the time. - if he did not fumble, we and the rest of NFL nation would not be talking about it.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Rules? Like the rules apply for the NFL darlings!

All I am saying is that there are blown calls all the time. - if he did not fumble, we and the rest of NFL nation would not be talking about it.

if he didn't fumble we wouldn't be talking about it because there wouldn't have been a ball to bat and hence no penalty.