How Teams Neutralize the Buffalo Front 4

So we know the book is out on this and if a QB is good enough for the fast, ACCURATE release, they may have success. My question is how many qbs that the Bills face will actually be able to accomplish this? I think you add Brady, Dalton and maybe Romo to that list and outside of those 3, I don't see much of a threat. Hopefully the worst is behind us and the defense that we enjoyed seeing against Miami will become more of the norm rather than the exception. The good thing is that we won't have to wait too long as Cinci will be coming in hot shortly......

I think it's more important to tackle guys who catch the ball. If Bradham makes that tackle it's a whole different ballgame. Eli was fairly mediocre yesterday. This wasn't the same story as the Pats game at all.

I agree but the fact remains that the Giants admitted this was how they wanted to score points.

I agree but the fact remains that the Giants admitted this was how they wanted to score points.

Which goes back to your point about how few QBs can execute the quick-pass game plan. I wouldn't put Eli in that group based on his performance yesterday. He was pretty much shut down in the second half (Bradham whiff excepted).

And it was ineffective, IMO.

If teams want to throw for 150-200 yards against us, that seems like a good defense.

Yea- a quick accurate passing game is always a threat to literally any defense. But it requires a qb making a ton of error free throws consecutively without mistake and that's normally a real challenge. If it were easy every team would do it.

And it was ineffective, IMO.

If teams want to throw for 150-200 yards against us, that seems like a good defense.

Points is what wins. I don't give a **** if we give up 500 yards passing as long as we win

Yea- a quick accurate passing game is always a threat to literally any defense. But it requires a qb making a ton of error free throws consecutively without mistake and that's normally a real challenge. If it were easy every team would do it.

This is why the narrative of "giants copy pats scheme" is absurd. Nobody can copy what the Pats did to us, because they have pretty much the only QB in the league who can pull off an explosive, error-free quick passing game.

This is why the narrative of "giants copy pats scheme" is absurd. Nobody can copy what the Pats did to us, because they have pretty much the only QB in the league who can pull off an explosive, error-free quick passing game.

Eli tried those quick deep lobs a couple times but the results weren't the same at all.

So we know the book is out on this and if a QB is good enough for the fast, ACCURATE release, they may have success. My question is how many qbs that the Bills face will actually be able to accomplish this? I think you add Brady, Dalton and maybe Romo to that list and outside of those 3, I don't see much of a threat. Hopefully the worst is behind us and the defense that we enjoyed seeing against Miami will become more of the norm rather than the exception. The good thing is that we won't have to wait too long as Cinci will be coming in hot shortly......

You didn't include the now fastest of them all in that post---one Eli Manning.

I don't care how fast the QB dumps it off--if we face another "fast release" QB, I'll take a defensive performance that results in 57% completions, and int and 8 punts.

Roman or someone on the coaching staff just needs to figure out how to run an offense within the other team's 30.

Don't forget our old friend, Fitz! We'll play him twice.

We are definitely slumping in the front four with the exception of Hughes, but he is of course up to his 15 yard temper tantrum plays as usual so he's just as guilty as the other three.

The guy is the most unprofessional, undisciplined player i can remember. Giants were punting yesterday instead of kicking the field goal if he only had some control over his actions.

If the "coach" dickerson were still on the radio, i can hear him saying "he's gonna break your heart Bills fans, he's gonna break your heart...." start following his penalties and how they impact the games and tell me the guy isn't a game killer.

On the other hand, preston brown, darby, gilmore and corey are playing solid ball so that's good. we need aaron williams back next week and the defense is going to have a very good day out there.

We will need Leodis, Shady and Sammy when we play the Pats again.

You didn't include the now fastest of them all in that post---one Eli Manning.

I don't care how fast the QB dumps it off--if we face another "fast release" QB, I'll take a defensive performance that results in 57% completions, and int and 8 punts.

Roman or someone on the coaching staff just needs to figure out how to run an offense within the other team's 30.

I remember distinctly an article or quote back in August about Rex being less focused on the flashy sacks and turnovers and instead just liking to stop offenses in their tracks. I thought it odd as I always thought of Rex as the flashy DC.

Outside a broken tackle, yesterday qualified as fitting that quote.

As I said in another thread, not many QBs can do this, otherwise they'd all be doing it on every pass play. Again the offense was the biggest problem with the team yesterday, followed by STs, as well as the penalties.

They couldnt stop the run or get to the qb yesterday. DL gets an f yesterday. The runs they gave up were most alarming. The Giants are an awful offense. They did nothing special, just lined up man on man and beat our defense.

Bradham played very good yesterday. One missed tackle is not issue. I dont understand the penelties from veterans.and veteran coaching staff.