Jobs.

B-Man

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll just explain a basic economic principle to you but no follow up questions will be taken. It increased consumer spending, a major--the major--driver of our economy and helped created jobs. If this is news to you about consumer spending and all, you are ignorant. If you already knew that then I can't imagine why you asked. I just hope you are not as ignorant as troll Greggy admits to be.

If I didn't know better I'd swear you were the inspiration for Dumb and Dumber.

After Seven Recovery Summers…

The last recession officially ended, according to the National Bureau of Economic Research, in June 2009. By now, September 2015, we should be in the middle, or perhaps the later stages, of an economic boom, having enjoyed years of strong economic growth, job creation and rising private sector incomes. Instead, our economy has never exited the recovery stage, and we have just concluded the seventh “recovery summer” of the Obama administration. The Obama economy has been, in a word, lousy, and its lousiness is most evident in the fact that full-time jobs have been so scarce that tens of millions have quit looking, and many millions have classified themselves as permanently and totally disabled, one of the less painful ways of exiting the labor market.

Yesterday, the Bureau of Labor Statistics released another disappointing–unexpectedly disappointing!–jobs report. In September, the economy added only 142,000 jobs (full and part-time), as opposed to the 200,000 economists had anticipated. Jobs numbers for July and August were also revised downward. Average hourly private sector earnings declined slightly. Most significantly, the labor force participation rate declined again, to its lowest level in 38 years.

The Obama administration always has an excuse for its terrible economic performance–the weather, conditions in China, whatever. (The best you can say for Obama is that he hasn’t yet blamed his failures on “wreckers and saboteurs.”) But the truth is that the administration’s consistent failure to produce results, now extending for nearly seven years, is largely the result of the Democrats’ liberal policies, most notably the hyper-regulation that seeks to concentrate all power in the government.

For most Americans, the reality is even harsher than official numbers suggest. Forgetting seasonal adjustment, the BLS data show that the number of Americans aged 16 and over with jobs declined by nearly 250,000 in September. Breaking that down, foreign-born workers gained 14,000 jobs–a tiny number, but at least a positive one–while American-born workers lost another 262,000 jobs. Once again, all net job gains went to immigrants.

more at the link:

The-Cure-590-FBack.jpg

There's a shortage of truck drivers, too.

GOP holding back this economy! Allowing foreign born to participate in the economy sure would solve a lot of economic problems.

With the number of Americans unemployed why on earth do we need foreigners to participate?

With the number of Americans unemployed why on earth do we need foreigners to participate?

And what, specifically, is the GOP doing to hold back the economy from recovering?

We'll wait for more insightful economic musings from gatorman.

Edited by LABillzFan

To create even more jobs. Is that over your head? Can you figure out why and how (hoe)?

And what, specifically, is the GOP doing to hold back the economy from recovering?

We'll wait for more insightful economic musings from gatorman.

Wow!

So we can't even employ millions of Americans so bringing in more people is a good idea. Got it.

That darn complicated economy! Filling jobs would create more jobs? Can that be right?

And, you are wrong about bringing people in, they are already here. Let them fill the void of 40,000 job openings for truckers

That darn complicated economy! Filling jobs would create more jobs? Can that be right?

And, you are wrong about bringing people in, they are already here. Let them fill the void of 40,000 job openings for truckers

What kind of jobs are available? Are the illegals qualified to do those jobs? 40k trucker jobs available? Whoopie. Shouldn't those jobs be offered to legal citizens first?

I wait I just reread your post. So allow foreign born to participate? Did you mean illegals?

You said the GOP was hindering the economy. I asked how. And this is your answer?

Is it possible you're just making things up and actually have no idea what you're talking about?

Or maybe you can answer the question.

Come on man questions are tough and answers are not his bag man.