WEEK 3 MIAMI - ALL 22 FILM REVIEW- O LINE/UNFORCED ERRORS

Bocephuz

Unforced errors.. bad throws/ How did the O Line do?/ What mistakes are on the O-Line.. what ones are not?

I watched the NFL rewind all 22 and here is my unofficial count of how the O-Line did /

How Tyrod did on every pass play ( I may have missed a snap or two here.. there also may be a few extra pass attempts that were cancelled due to penalites..but this should be 95% accurate)

DISCLAIMER ( I am not a coach, I don't know the hot reads or route combinations called.. this is just my educated perception of what happened on each pass play)

_______ ______________________

TOTAL PASS PLAYS 29 snaps ( much better number than last week 43 snaps )

LINE BREAKDOWNS 3/ 29 or poor pass protection on 10% of passing snaps ( much better than the 20% last week..) Im quite certain 10% is the lowest since I started doing this analysis last year.

SUFFICIENT PROTECTION 26/29 snaps 90% .. or in other words Taylor had time to hit his drop and throw 90% of the time ( 80% last week)

UNFORCED TYROD ERRORS: - 2/26 snaps 7% or in other words Taylor had time to throw but missed his target or made wrong decision on 7% of these opportunites( last week was 8 unforced errors or 19% )

Bottom Line:

BEST O LINE PLAY OF YEAR.. OF LAST 2 YEARS Upon further review The O Line unit as a whole put together its best performance in a long time . Based on what I saw Suh had close to 0% impact on the passing game. Roman was also asking them to do execute some difficult concepts. For example.. on much of the first drive ( and throughout the game) the o line was called to fake run block one way and then the Center or LG was asked to do a 180 and block the backside as Taylor carried out the play action and rolled the other way.

WOOD HAS BREAKOUT GAME Ive been very disappointed with Eric WoodS game tape for much of the last year and this year so I was VERY pleased to see him have an OUTSTANDING game against the Dolphins. He did a great job picking up stunts, bailing out the rookie and carrying out his own assignments in general.

MILLER HAS ROUGH GAME/ URBIK PLUGS GAP - I was really high on John Miller after his dominating pre-season.. however.. 3 games into the season it appears obvious that he is struggling. In his limited time on the field he was beaten twice ( once on a stunt, once on an inside move). Urbik was very solid as a replacement. If I am the Bills staff .. I am thinking long and hard about whether to sit John Miller for a little while and give Urbik the nod. Miller was the only weak link on the line in Miami.

PLAYS OF NOTE

Q1 -12:03 -TD pass to Clay counter pass play, fake run right..roll left.. Eric Wood does excellent job picking up backside blocking

Q1 8:02 - Miller gets beat on inside move.. Eric Wood bails him out

Q1-6:07 - Miller doesnt pick up stunt Taylor still throws TD to McCoy with defender in his face

Q2 -12:32 - Henderson gets beaten Taylor scrambles and makes good throw to Hogan

Q3 13:27 - Wood picks up another stunt 12 yd completion to Harvin

Q3 -3:30 - UNFORCED ERROR Taylor has time .. just misses Woods on deep fly route ( .. beautiful 7 step drop and release.. just a little long)

Q4 - UNFORCED ERROR Taylor has time misses back should throw to Clay

SUMMARY This was fun to watch. You know its a good day when Taylors unforced errors are throws that are off by just a hair. Taylor was masterful last Sunday.. yes.. masterful. His decision making was near perfect. I did not see a single throw that was close to being intercepted.. I also saw him consistently have his head up ..being aggressive.. trying to throw the intermediate and deep routes ( unlike last week against NE where he was Checkdown Charlie). The only negative was Millers play however with Urbik proving that he is more than capable at being a solid pass protector as a backup .. that could be looked at as a positive.

Damn fun watching this Damn fun

O Line Pass block grades

GLENN - B

INCOGNITO - B

WOOD - A+

MILLER - D

URBIK - B

HENDERSON - C

Edited by Bocephuz

Thanks for the post.

I have not seen the All 22 yet. Nevertheless, I did watch part of the broadcast last night for the first time (I was at the game). One of the offensive line plays that really stood out to me was how Seantrel was able to get to the second level to make one of the key blocks on the Karlos Williams TD. The guys showed a lot of athleticism (especially for someone that size) to do what he did.

Forgive me if this was answered previously....was there ever an answer as to which Bill was called for the holding penalty on the strip-sack that was called back? Any evidence on the All-22?

Fortunately, it didn't effect the outcome of the game, but if officiating is that poor, there may come a time when it does make a difference.

Great stuff as always.

One little adjustment Roman made that I noticed in review, is the sheer depth of TT's drop depths in order to buy time and provide better downfield vision as well. Look for more of that.

GO BILLS!!!

Forgive me if this was answered previously....was there ever an answer as to which Bill was called for the holding penalty on the strip-sack that was called back? Any evidence on the All-22?

Fortunately, it didn't effect the outcome of the game, but if officiating is that poor, there may come a time when it does make a difference.

A few posters who reviewed the play seemed to think it was Manny Lawson

Good stuff, as always, Bocephuz. Thx for doing these. Miller has been a disappointment after that promising start. Hopefully he is just learning the regular season game and his smarts will accelerate the learning curve. The protection overall against the Phins was terrific. Roman also kept them off balance the entire game. TT's ability to rollout and look downfield and throw on the run is invaluable with this line and quite a weapon, especially with the skill players we have.

Good stuff, as always, Bocephuz. Thx for doing these. Miller has been a disappointment after that promising start. Hopefully he is just learning the regular season game and his smarts will accelerate the learning curve. The protection overall against the Phins was terrific. Roman also kept them off balance the entire game. TT's ability to rollout and look downfield and throw on the run is invaluable with this line and quite a weapon, especially with the skill players we have.

I haven't really seen Miller physically dominated.. just looks like his technique is a little off and he is lost picking up most stunts. Seems like that stuff is coachable.. learnable through experience

Taylor's accuracy throwing on the run is outstanding and I hope Roman continues to use these type of moving pocket plays.

Jeremy White of WGR found it on the all 22. It was a good call on Manny Lawson. Dumb play by him, but legit penalty.

Great stuff as always.

One little adjustment Roman made that I noticed in review, is the sheer depth of TT's drop depths in order to buy time and provide better downfield vision as well. Look for more of that.

GO BILLS!!!

I noticed this too. Too many short drops against NE. Seven step drops give him a chance to survey the field before he's in danger.