Official Mets lovefest thread

Rob's House

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to say that I can't stand TBS' coverage.

Cal Ripken has completely solidified himself as an ignorant ass. I cringe every time he opens his mouth.

I hate that they don't have the pitch count in the top left at all times, but only flash it between pitches for a millisecond.

I may be partial, but Ron Darling is doing a great job; I understand why they can't - but I would love to see Ron, Keith and Gary for the NLDS, NLCS and the WS - simply because I think they are phenomenal together.

Ripken ruins it for me. Thank God the Mets' great playing helps me block him out.

Hor08Ig.jpg

I may be partial, but Ron Darling is doing a great job; I understand why they can't - but I would love to see Ron, Keith and Gary for the NLDS, NLCS and the WS - simply because I think they are phenomenal together.

They're great together. It's like watching a game with your buddies.

They're great together. It's like watching a game with your buddies.

I read a great article about the 2009 season, when the Mets sucked. They played a game amongst themselves in the booth for the final 50 games because the baseball was so bad. They had to work the name of a state Into the broadcast each game. But they had to do it in the order that the states became states. So Delaware was first and Hawaii was last. Some fun stories about Alaska and New Jersey. If I find the link I'll post it.

But they are great. They tell it like it is. Great insight. Lots of fun with lots of quality.

WTF? I bring up a baseball fight between two grown men and rather than talk about who was talking **** and who woulda kicked whose ass you guys prefer to talk about actual baseball. The maturity level on this board leaves something to be desired.

And I haven't cared about the Mets since Strawberry left NY. Speaking of Strawberry, he was always up for a good fight. I bet if he said "let's go" he's be ready to go.

I think Harper would have won the fight if it wasn't broken up.

Wow...pitching shuts them down again. Wright and Cespedes get it going at the plate. Good stuff.

#LGM

Yep this team is rolling. I will be shocked if this series goes back to NY. The only bad thing about last night is I had $50 on the over which was 7.5. Stupid Ivy, Conforto walks in to score in any other ball park in the league.

Terry Collins is managing better than ever. Having Granderson try to steal in the 1st was great. I love the aggression. Even though he got caught, it just gave the Cubs one more thing to worry about.

This is one fun team to watch. It's baseball at its finest and I'm loving every minute of it.

I am a little surprised that the mets are steamrolling the Cubs like this.

but I am glad; I have really come to dislike this Cubs team, especially arietta.

I think some (like me) went into this series saying IF the Mets' starters pitch well AND IF the Mets can score some runs, then it could be a quick series.

However, those are two big ifs and I certainly didn't expect this much of an ass whooping. I was just hoping it didn't go 7, to tell you the truth.

Once the Mets beat Lester and Arietta, then I felt a sweep was a real possibility. I really want them to finish this tonight; primarily so the starters and Familia are fresh for the World Series. If Matz can throw strikes and keep the ball in the park, I think we'll have a game very similar to last night's. I sure as hell hope so, anyway!!

Terry Collins is managing better than ever. Having Granderson try to steal in the 1st was great. I love the aggression. Even though he got caught, it just gave the Cubs one more thing to worry about.

This is one fun team to watch. It's baseball at its finest and I'm loving every minute of it.

Words I never thought I'd read, because he has been so horrible.

If David Wright is breaking out of his funk and this pitching continues, look out. Best news about winning last night is that even if the Cubs win tonight, Arrieta only has one more start in this series.

Let's go Matz!

If David Wright is breaking out of his funk and this pitching continues, look out. Best news about winning last night is that even if the Cubs win tonight, Arrieta only has one more start in this series.

Let's go Matz!

When has Collins been horrible?

When has Collins been horrible?

Oh, he's been bad all year, particularly with his pitching decisions. Don't get me wrong, he's a great guy and I'm happy for him, but he needs to get out of his own way (which he appears to be doing in this series).

I think some (like me) went into this series saying IF the Mets' starters pitch well AND IF the Mets can score some runs, then it could be a quick series.

However, those are two big ifs and I certainly didn't expect this much of an ass whooping. I was just hoping it didn't go 7, to tell you the truth.

Once the Mets beat Lester and Arietta, then I felt a sweep was a real possibility. I really want them to finish this tonight; primarily so the starters and Familia are fresh for the World Series. If Matz can throw strikes and keep the ball in the park, I think we'll have a game very similar to last night's. I sure as hell hope so, anyway!!

The big win was Game 2. Arrietta was the Cubs was their Ace in the hole. Maddon's thinking all along was we will play for the split in NY(with Lester/Arrietta going perfectly reasonable) & then take care of business at Wrigley where they were 25-7 in their last 32 games there. When we jumped on Arrietta & beat him their whole plan went up in smoke. I hope this series ends tonight(if nothing else I need to catchup on my sleep).

Let's go Matz!

Why do you think he has been so horrible? I think Collins has done a great job with the Mets even before this year. He was dealt a horrible hand the past few years with the Wilpons involvded in this Maddoff mess. Collins is a good manager. I am glad they stuck with him.

Oh, he's been bad all year, particularly with his pitching decisions. Don't get me wrong, he's a great guy and I'm happy for him, but he needs to get out of his own way (which he appears to be doing in this series).

I respectively disagree.

Yeah, I'm going to disagree with this, as well. I actually think Collins deserves to be Manager of the Year. I'm not sure how he could have handled that pitching staff any better, to be honest. He handled the Harvey situation well. He kept Syndergaard's pitch count down. He went against the grain with a 6 man rotation, which could very well be a big reason that these guys are still throwing mid-90s in the late innings in late October. He adjusted when Matz was injured. He's got Colon and Niese in the bullpen without any backlash or attitude; they've clearly embraced their roles.

The only questionable move I can think of (off the top of my head) was when he brought Familia in against the Dodgers when the Mets were leading by double digits (regular season; back in July - I only remember because I was watching it whilst eating dinner with my family in NYC) - then the next night Familia blew a save.

I respect your opinion, but I just don't see it.