Watkins Injury Update - post em here

truth on hold

I read on Twitter that Sammy was stretching on the sidelines with trainers, and then participated in individual drills with the other WR's. Definitely limited, but at least he is on the field. I give him a 50/50 chance of playing on Sunday.

i was thinking 50/50 as well. Could be one of those good old "game time decisions" too that all fantasy owners love so much.

If it's that close, then they may as well hold him out.

Regardless of what happens through this Sunday's game, the season is a marathon, not a sprint, and they need their best players healthy.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's that close, then they may as well hold him out.

Regardless of what happens through this Sunday's game, the season is a marathon, not a sprint, and they need their best players healthy.

Actually the season is a Sprint not a Marathon; this isn't baseball, hockey or basketball where you have a handfull of games that don't matter.

More than 4 Loses and you are no longer guaranteed a playoff shot in the NFL. More than 6 loses and you no longer control your own fate for a playoff spot.

There is no sense in waiting in the NFL you need your players to go at any percentage for all of the quick 16 games.

The Bills are already a 3rd of the way to being out of the playoffs since 10-6 doesn't guarantee a spot.

Shady and Sammy need to get their arses out there, especially for a road AFC game. Stacking AFC road games wins goes along way in earning a playoff spot especially since the team is 1-2 at home.

Edited by 1B4IDie

Actually the season is a Sprint not a Marathon; this isn't baseball, hockey or basketball where you have a handfull of games that don't matter.

4 Loses and you are no longer guaranteed a playoff shot in the NFL. 6 loses and you no longer control your own fate for a playoff spot.

There is no sense in waiting in the NFL you need your players to go at any percentage for all of the quick 16 games.

The Bills are already a 3rd of the way to being out of the playoffs since 10-6 doesn't guarantee a spot.

Shady and Sammy need to get their arses out there, especially for a road AFC game. Stacking AFC road games wins goes along way in earning a playoff spot especially since the team is 1-2 at home.

Sammy? Kinda starting to feel that way. McCoy? No way, you're crazy. Let that thing heal all the way.

4 Loses and you are no longer guaranteed a playoff shot in the NFL. 6 loses and you no longer control your own fate for a playoff spot.

A 12-4 team has never failed to reach the playoffs. About as guaranteed as you can get.

11-5 has seen two teams miss.

10-6 is indeed dicey, though.

I'm with Bandit, you aren't doing the players or your team any good by rushing them back before they're ready. I'm sure all our injured players would rather be out their, too. That's why you have medical staffs and trainers; to save them from themselves.

GO BILLS!!!

If Sammy tests the calf and can go pre-game, I see no reason to hold him out. The NFC game last week, ok, though I had higher hopes that he wouldn't be missed as much as he was. Not this game though - he's a game changer IMO especially without McCoy..

Perhaps Sammy could be the...McDEcoy!

I'm here all week. Try the veal. Shecky says it's good.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

A 12-4 team has never failed to reach the playoffs. About as guaranteed as you can get.

11-5 has seen two teams miss.

10-6 is indeed dicey, though.

I'm with Bandit, you aren't doing the players or your team any good by rushing them back before they're ready. I'm sure all our injured players would rather be out their, too. That's why you have medical staffs and trainers; to save them from themselves.

GO BILLS!!!

Correct. I meant to say "More than"

Sammy? Kinda starting to feel that way. McCoy? No way, you're crazy. Let that thing heal all the way.

The Hammy will never heal "all the way" during the season.

It'll be healed in April/May.

We really need to make it through this quarter of the season at worst 3-1. The second half of the season has atleast 3 games that are high likelihood of a loss. @NE, @Jets and @KC and they are all in a row!!!

Taking those three possible losses into account @Ten, vs Cinci, @Jac(London), and vs Dolphins are 4 games that are must/should be wins if the Bills will make the Playoffs.

Now is the time to take risks and stack these 4 wins, imo.

Let them rest for the murder's row of @Pats, @KC, and @Jets.

There is no Next year. We need to get to at least 11 wins this season. 6-2 would be a great first half, then if they drop all 3 of that road trip they still have a winning a record and are in shape to possible win out.

Edited by 1B4IDie

The Hammy will never heal "all the way" during the season.

It'll be healed in April/May.

We really need to make it through this quarter of the season at worst 3-1. The second half of the season has atleast 3 games that are high likelihood of a loss. @NE, @Jets and @KC and they are all in a row!!!

Taking those three possible losses into account @Ten, vs Cinci, @Jac(London), and vs Dolphins are 4 games that are must/should be wins if the Bills will make the Playoffs.

Now is the time to take risks and stack these 4 wins, imo.

Let them rest for the murder's row of @Pats, @KC, and @Jets.

the report from last week that was never confirmed by the Bills said 3-4 weeks until he's 100% based on the MRI. I think after the bye makes sense but wouldn't be surprised to see him in London.

@SalSports: Both Sammy Watkins and Marquise Goodwin told me, as of right now, they will work out Sunday morning and be game-time decisions.

@mikerodak: Sammy Watkins took only 3 or 4 plays in practice Friday. He will test his calf injury before Sunday's game but doctors will make the call.

Welp

@JoeBuscaglia: Watkins: If it's an emergency, and I need to play, I think I'll play. But you just never know.

An emergency? Lol. Bills down by 14...911 for Sammy