My 10 cents on the game.

BmarvB

1) Much better performance all the way around. Fewer drive killing penalties this time around didn't cost us any points. Discipline was there but there's still room for improvement.

2) Karlos Williams looks like a better fit for this running offense than shady right now. Granted, McCoy is not 100%, but still....

3) Richie Incognito is by far an upgrade on the line. They're better with him out there. Good pickup guys!

4) So far, so good for TT. I like this guy. Our QB situation is not as bad as it was initially made out to be.

5) Hoping Aaron Williams recovers soon before Rambo beats the hell out of Darby. He's turning into a pretty good corner.

6) Both coordinators called a good game today. And to think, the offense & defense are still adapting to their respective systems. If this team starts really hitting their stride by November, nobody's gonna want to face them in the playoffs.

7) Harvin and Clay are tough matchups. Can't wait till Watkins has his breakout game. Hope his injury is minor.

8) How bout Preston Brown?

9) Jury still out on the run defense, nobody's really testing them in the trenches. But then again, Miami's O-line is not very good. I wonder if Tannehill's still soaking in the tub after that onslaught.

10) Dolphins coaching staff is officially on the hot seat, and after next week, Tom Coughlin's seat is gonna heat up even more! GO BILLS!!!

Edited by BmarvB

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You know it is interesting that most bills fans were just hoping for a "game manager" at the QB position.......fans would have actually been ok with that due to our defense.....

But now "not as bad as it seems" actually is ranked.....what......the FIFTH BEST IN THE NFL?

That is not game manager status.....that is how far can we go in the playoffs status

1) Much better performance all the way around. Fewer drive killing penalties this time around didn't cost us any points. Discipline was there but there's still room for improvement.

There were still some (2 if i can remember) after the whistle penalties, i still think those can/should get eliminated down to 0.

2) Karlos Williams looks like a better fit for this running offense than shady right now. Granted, McCoy is not 100%, but still....

Definitely, I love this pick. He is already looking like a veteran.

3) Richie Incognito is by far an upgrade on the line. They're better with him out there. Good pickup guys!

+1

4) So far, so good for TT. I like this guy. Our QB situation is not as bad as it was initially made out to be.

I still am not sold on this guy yet. He has flashes, but still not super accurate

5) Hoping Aaron Williams recovers soon before Rambo beats the hell out of Darby. He's turning into a pretty good corner.

We were missing AW on a couple of those players for sure

6) Both coordinators called a good game today. And to think, the offense & defense are still adapting to their respective systems. If this team starts really hitting their stride by November, nobody's gonna want to face them in the playoffs.

If we can stay healthy in November...

7) Harvin and Clay are tough matchups. Can't wait till Watkins has his breakout game. Hope his injury is minor.

He didnt seem too hurt

hes only getting better

9) Jury still out on the run defense, nobody's really testing them in the trenches. But then again, Miami's O-line is not very good. I wonder if Tannehill's still soaking in the tub after that onslaught.

His jersey was completely muddy after that game

10) Dolphins coaching staff is officially on the hot seat, and after next week, Tom Coughlin's seat is gonna heat up even more! GO BILLS!!!

The next 4-6 games are winnable, if we can win 5 of next 6. I think we'll be set

There were still some (2 if i can remember) after the whistle penalties, i still think those can/should get eliminated down to 0.

Definitely, I love this pick. He is already looking like a veteran.

+1

I still am not sold on this guy yet. He has flashes, but still not super accurate

We were missing AW on a couple of those players for sure

If we can stay healthy in November...

He didnt seem too hurt

hes only getting better

His jersey was completely muddy after that game

The next 4-6 games are winnable, if we can win 5 of next 6. I think we'll be set

Just wow. He's ahead of 25 QB's payed 10 times what he is. Some people's children.

How is Tyrod "not super accurate"??

He is at 74.4% completion percentage this season! That is fantastic and good for top 3 in the entire league. It's not like he is just checking down either: he's averaging nearly 10 yards per attempt & led the league in air yards per attempt.

In his 3 games , he has yet to complete less then 70% of his throws. He has 7 TD / 3 INT, 116 QB rating & another 96 yards rushing + 1 TD.

How is Tyrod "not super accurate"??

He is at 74.4% completion percentage this season! That is fantastic and good for top 3 in the entire league. It's not like he is just checking down either: he's averaging nearly 10 yards per attempt & led the league in air yards per attempt.

In his 3 games , he has yet to complete less then 70% of his throws. He has 7 TD / 3 INT, 116 QB rating & another 96 yards rushing + 1 TD.

To be clear, I don't think TT is inaccurate. Or that he isn't playing very very well.

But I'd like to point out his completion percentage is inflated, or rather, not deflated. TT's escapability from pressure in the pocket directly decreases his attempts. Especially his attempts that are essentially throwaways. He can rush for 1-20 yards when nothing is open and the pressure is there, rather than having to throw the ball away like most of the other QB's in the league. This directly correlates to having a higher completion percentage.

To be clear, I don't think TT is inaccurate. Or that he isn't playing very very well.

But I'd like to point out his completion percentage is inflated, or rather, not deflated. TT's escapability from pressure in the pocket directly decreases his attempts. Especially his attempts that are essentially throwaways. He can rush for 1-20 yards when nothing is open and the pressure is there, rather than having to throw the ball away like most of the other QB's in the league. This directly correlates to having a higher completion percentage.

Nice analysis. Not sure at all why one would do that math.

Dude is $ Period

I think some of his incompletions are from him throwing the deep ball once in a while. If he can get his timing down with Watkins or Harvin on the 40+yd throws, look out!

Edited by Peace Frog

Nonsense. He ran three times the entire game and two of them were late when the game was over already. He's been ridiculously accurate overall. And in ways that aren't always talked about. The TD to Clay where Clay made three guys miss was a fabulous pass that hit him on the dead run. If it wasn't perfect Clay wouldn't have just ran by the defender a yard behind him. He was extremely accurate all day today. Even the ones he missed were close for the most part. That was a VERY legit 75% and he is the highest yards in the air passer in the entire league. We didn't throw more than 2-3 screens or bubble screens all day which are percentage enhancers.

Nonsense. He ran three times the entire game and two of them were late when the game was over already. He's been ridiculously accurate overall. And in ways that aren't always talked about. The TD to Clay where Clay made three guys miss was a fabulous pass that hit him on the dead run. If it wasn't perfect Clay wouldn't have just ran by the defender a yard behind him. He was extremely accurate all day today. Even the ones he missed were close for the most part. That was a VERY legit 75% and he is the highest yards in the air passer in the entire league. We didn't throw more than 2-3 screens or bubble screens all day which are percentage enhancers.

Today? Sure, I'll give you that. Overall? No.

Today? Sure, I'll give you that. Overall? No.

He's been very accurate all three games. Even against NE the two INT were 6 inches too high and both could have been caught. The halftime INT should not be counted, everyone could see what he was doing just tossing up a Hail Mary. He's been insanely accurate in these three games. Very few dump offs and WR screens overall which are the passes that distort %. One of the things I've liked the most are the say 5 bombs he has missed that were one yard too far but no chance for INT. His long passes overall have been extraordinarily accurate.

He's been very accurate all three games. Even against NE the two INT were 6 inches too high and both could have been caught. The halftime INT should not be counted, everyone could see what he was doing just tossing up a Hail Mary. He's been insanely accurate in these three games. Very few dump offs and WR screens overall which are the passes that distort %. One of the things I've liked the most are the say 5 bombs he has missed that were one yard too far but no chance for INT. His long passes overall have been extraordinarily accurate.

Jesus !@#$ing Christ, I haven't said he wasn't accurate.

Jesus !@#$ing Christ, I haven't said he wasn't accurate.

You said his completion percentage is inflated and it's not. At all. Dump offs, screens, WRs screens, are the inflating completion percentage plays and he's had relatively few. He averages 26 yards in the air per pass, the highest in the league. He's thrown very few bad passes overall in three straight games and a lot of them have not been easy.

I don't see how that is a bad thing? So instead of taking a sack or throwing it away for zero yards, he can use his legs to pick up positive yardage... what's the problem?? It's not like he is taking off running unnecessarily - he has 17 rushing attempts thru 3 games.

He has completed 73%, 77%, and 74% in his 3 games. I'm pretty sure that's good for top 3 in the NFL. On top of that, he leads the league in air yards per attempt which shows he isn't just checking down.

You said his completion percentage is inflated and it's not. At all. Dump offs, screens, WRs screens, are the inflating completion percentage plays and he's had relatively few. He averages 26 yards in the air per pass, the highest in the league. He's thrown very few bad passes overall in three straight games and a lot of them have not been easy.

Oh yeah?

I don't see how that is a bad thing? So instead of taking a sack or throwing it away for zero yards, he can use his legs to pick up positive yardage... what's the problem?? It's not like he is taking off running unnecessarily - he has 17 rushing attempts thru 3 games.

He has completed 73%, 77%, and 74% in his 3 games. I'm pretty sure that's good for top 3 in the NFL. On top of that, he leads the league in air yards per attempt which shows he isn't just checking down.

Who said it's a bad thing?

Just place him on ignore buddy. Life on Tsw will be more enjoyable.

Oh yeah?

Yeah. That's what you said, and then you said "oh yeah?" And quoted yourself saying his completion percentage is inflated, or not deflated, which is either the same thing or doesn't make any sense. And then you followed with saying why it was inflated, which was nonsense. Because he scrambles he throws less throwaways? A couple of his incompletions were when he scrambled and then threw it away in these first three games. And anyone watching them can clearly see that his 74.4% is a very legitimate 74.4 because he is throwing downfield all the time, is not dumping it off or throwing a lot of screens and has been very close on most of his misses.

Yeah. That's what you said, and then you said "oh yeah?" And quoted yourself saying his completion percentage is inflated, or not deflated, which is either the same thing or doesn't make any sense. And then you followed with saying why it was inflated, which was nonsense. Because he scrambles he throws less throwaways? A couple of his incompletions were when he scrambled and then threw it away in these first three games. And anyone watching them can clearly see that his 74.4% is a very legitimate 74.4 because he is throwing downfield all the time, is not dumping it off or throwing a lot of screens and has been very close on most of his misses.

Yes. To the bolded. That's all I'm trying to say.

I'm not saying he hasn't been accurate. I'm not saying he doesn't throw accurate passes. I'm not saying his incompletions weren't mostly decent passes. I'm not saying anything other that he doesn't have to throw the ball away much, which directly correlates to a higher completion percentage. His completion percentage isn't bogged down by incompletions due to throwaways. Because he's mobile, he doesn't have to throw the ball away. When he's under pressure, he either throws a very, very accurate ball or scrambles, which means he doesn't have to throw the ball away, which helps his completion percentage. If a play breaks down, he can scramble and find an open receiver to complete a pass, rather than having to throw the ball away, which helps his completion percentage. Because he's mobile. Which helps his completion percentage. Because he doesn't have to throw the ball away much. Because when there's pressure, he can either carry the ball or scramble to find an open receiver to complete a pass. These passes are sometimes deep, and he does a good job completing them. Because he can move away from pressure, rather than having to throw the ball away. Which helps his completion percentage. etc. etc. to infinity.

Edited by FireChan

Darby would be impressed by that backpedal but who cares, we might have a legit QB for the first time in over a decade. Enjoy the ride while it lasts and hope he continues to grow. As DCs get more film there will be TT specific schemes to take away what he likes to do. As far as I can tell, he seems to have the full package of throws so if they take one thing away, hopefully he can do another.

Wha? That's like saying Tom Brady's completion percentage is inflated because he plays for a good team, or has a good arm....

Aaron Rodgers % numbers are inflated because he is mobile.....

Edited by baskin