How did NE figure out our offense so quick?

PortlandiaEast

Maybe its paranoia...

But after watching the first half against Miami, the Indy game, and the first drive against NE... I cant help but think NE thought that our offense was way better than they expected and found an illegal way to get an edge, either on offense or on defense. Im also extremely jaded/paranoid/whatever that the NFL is somewhat rigged, and I think our offense looks dangerous as I have ever seen.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe its paranoia...

But after watching the first half against Miami, the Indy game, and the first drive against NE... I cant help but think NE thought that our offense was way better than they expected and found an illegal way to get an edge, either on offense or on defense. Im also extremely jaded/paranoid/whatever that the NFL is somewhat rigged, and I think our offense looks dangerous as I have ever seen.

We had a bad game.

Maybe its paranoia...

Belichick is a genius against young, unproven QB's. He's been doing it for years. He didn't get the offense figured out; he simply made the young QB uncomfortable, almost every play. When Taylor is comfortable, he's a very good starting QB. When he's not, his game is totally off. Hopefully he learns to succeed when he's uncomfortable. I think he has shown that he can, but I've been wrong before.

Maybe its paranoia...

Same way Bellichick figured out how to slow down the KGun offense in the super bowl...

Belichick is a genius against young, unproven QB's. He's been doing it for years. He didn't get the offense figured out; he simply made the young QB uncomfortable, almost every play. When Taylor is comfortable, he's a very good starting QB. When he's not, his game is totally off. Hopefully he learns to succeed when he's uncomfortable. I think he has shown that he can, but I've been wrong before.

That's BS, Belichick was only 5-5 versus rookie QBs going into the game (6-5 now).

Edited by bladiebla

That's BS, Belichick was only 5-5 versus rookie QBs going into the game (6-5 now).

Taylor isn't a rookie.

Let me expound. If a rookie is starting against Belichick, he most likely has been proven in college to be a solid prospect. But a young QB who is handed the job is probably unproven, and needs much more experience to develop. I would rather have Luck as a rookie than Taylor in his 4th year against Belichick.

Edited by JCJanko

Statistically penalties where not a difference between the teams.

Clear case of stats don't tell the real story. About 90% of the Bills penalties came at crucial times where as the Pats* penalties came mostly when it didn't matter too much.

Which was 'not in the spirit of the game', as it was described at that time.

The next season, the injury timeout rule came into being. coincidence? I think not.

Realistically it was their offense holding the ball 40+ minutes that slowed us down the most but Bellichick played his base defense and made us work hard for yards and points but we would have won going away if not for them with that huge TOP edge

Clear case of stats don't tell the real story. About 90% of the Bills penalties came at crucial times where as the Pats* penalties came mostly when it didn't matter too much.

I do not think that the timing of the penalties was a coincidence. I think the equal penalty stats was intentional so when people argue that BuF was penalized an unfair amount, the others can say well look NE had alot too... maybe the refs were in NEs pocket.

Not one holding call on NE on 59 dropbacks? Come on. They had 3 rookies on the line... the picked up flag on Tyrods slide... please.

Edited by PortlandiaEast

I do not think that the timing of the penalties was a coincidence. I think the equal penalty stats was intentional so when people argue that BuF was penalized an unfair amount, the others can say well look NE had alot too... maybe the refs were in NEs pocket.

Not one holding call on NE on 59 dropbacks? Come on. They had 3 rookies on the line... the picked up flag on Tyrods slide... please.

You must have missed the part where they figured out the defense so quick....