Around The NFL QB Index: 2015 Final Rankings

26CornerBlitz

The climb continues! I'm expecting further ascension after this week as the Giants D can be carved up.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting. Warner is jumping on the TT bandwagon.

And so am I. Early in camp, I was expecting the QB battle to shake out like this: (1) MC, (2) EJ, and (3) TT.

I couldn't have been more wrong! TT has been a revelation. It's still an open question as to how well he keeps this up but clearly through 3 weeks, TT has been one of the best QBs in the league.

Edited by hondo in seattle

QB Index: Quarter Season Rankings 1-32

Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady are Gregg Rosenthal's clear Nos. 1 and 2 quarterbacks in the latest QB Index. Where do the rest of the league's QBs fall on the list?

Middle of the pack

17. Tyrod Taylor (30)

18. Jay Cutler (21)

19. Nick Foles (24)

20. Matthew Stafford (13)

21. Blake Bortles (23)

Taylor has come out of the gate faster than anyone could expect, especially without Sammy Watkins and LeSean McCoy. Offensive coordinator Greg Roman might be relieved to be free of Colin Kaepernick. ... Stafford has been consistently depressing and erratic. It's sad to see the Lions play so passively because of their offensive line. ... No one wants to admit it, but Cutler has looked just fine under coordinator Adam Gase. ... Foles made his chances count against Arizona, often against good coverage. The Rams ask him to make roughly 3-5 big plays a week. When it works, like against Seattle or Arizona, he's the picture of efficiency. ... There's no doubt Bortles is making strides. Even in his lesser games, he tosses in 4-5 plays that a lot of these quarterbacks couldn't make.

QB Index: New trio emerges

In his latest QB Index, Gregg Rosenthal looks at Andy Dalton's stellar play and a trio of young starters taking huge steps toward proving they have real staying power.

Derek Carr, Blake Bortles and Tyrod Taylor are suddenly among the most fun quarterbacks in the NFL to watch.

Taylor, who is expected to miss this week's game with a sprained MCL, has been the biggest revelation. He puts together the most "wow" plays of the group, with big gains often coming in an avalanche. His running can be breathtaking but he's also asked to deliver big time throws from the pocket, and comes through showing anticipation. The scoreboard and statistics don't do him justice. Watching Taylor on Sundays, it's hard to believe Rex Ryan struggled to name him the starter. The Eagles literally rejected the guy to sign Tim Tebow.

The Bills are playoff-ready once they get healthy. Taylor has a chance to cement his status as a franchise quarterback with a big season, and a big Fitzpatrick-like Bills contract to go with it.

Next Level

13. Tyrod Taylor

QB Index: New trio emerges

In his latest QB Index, Gregg Rosenthal looks at Andy Dalton's stellar play and a trio of young starters taking huge steps toward proving they have real staying power.

Derek Carr, Blake Bortles and Tyrod Taylor are suddenly among the most fun quarterbacks in the NFL to watch.

Taylor, who is expected to miss this week's game with a sprained MCL, has been the biggest revelation. He puts together the most "wow" plays of the group, with big gains often coming in an avalanche. His running can be breathtaking but he's also asked to deliver big time throws from the pocket, and comes through showing anticipation. The scoreboard and statistics don't do him justice. Watching Taylor on Sundays, it's hard to believe Rex Ryan struggled to name him the starter. The Eagles literally rejected the guy to sign Tim Tebow.

The Bills are playoff-ready once they get healthy. Taylor has a chance to cement his status as a franchise quarterback with a big season, and a big Fitzpatrick-like Bills contract to go with it.

Next Level

13. Tyrod Taylor

From 32 to 13 in 5 weeks, not too shabby!

Brown is almost always better with gray! Just never with charcoal. But that suit looks grayish blue to me.

If you say so. I respectfully disagree.

And no socks.

No socks with dress shoes is never appropriate. Not like he can't afford socks. Now he's going to miss a game with foot blisters.

Edited by reddogblitz

If you say so. I respectfully disagree.

No socks with dress shoes is never appropriate. Not like he can't afford socks. Now he's going to miss a game with foot blisters.

Really depends on the shade of each. You get so many more shades with brown, and the right shade can look great. The shoes choice also depends on the shirt and tie choice. My issue is more than he appears to be wearing a black tie and brown shoes. But the "no black and brown" rule seems to not exist anymore. Style is highly subjective, go figure.

As far as the blisters go, they do make loafer socks! Loafers are sort of a dress casual crossover style anyway. I don't mind the sockless look at all. As long as he's not wearing that lightning bolts shirt I'm fine with it, haha.