Around The NFL QB Index: 2015 Final Rankings

26CornerBlitz

QB Index: Ranking the quarterbacks 1-32

After a great outing against the 49ers, Ben Roethlisberger has moved into Gregg Rosenthal's elite category of quarterbacks. See where the rest of the league's QBs fell in this week's QB Index.

Question marks

27. Tyrod Taylor
28. Derek Carr
29. Jameis Winston
30. Johnny Manziel/Josh McCown
31. Ryan Mallett
32. Brandon Weeden

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Careful now. The hard core TT's guys will blast you for posting a lousy rating for him. :devil:

How could he be 27th when his QBR and the RT #'s are like in the top 10? 0:)

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Careful now. The hard core TT's guys will blast you for posting a lousy rating for him. :devil:

I don't consider myself a 'hardcore TT guy', but I will say... you're a troll, and this rating is too low. Tyrod has played at least average ball so far, this year.

His QBR ranks him 17th in the league, not top 10. If you're going to troll you should at least try to be accurate with your bait...

Boys, boys, boys. Take a chill pill. Nobody's attacking Tyrod except perhaps the specious author of the article.

The sample size on TT is small. Give it time. It's how things are rated and ranked at the end of the year that matters most... Not after week two.

Woohooo- not 32!

Height is a factor.

Sam Bradford, Jay Cutler, Blake Bortles, and Kirk Cousins all belong in the question mark category. Unless the question mark category is more for QBs who haven't had a lot of starts as oppposed to QBs who haven't performed as well but none of them have done anything to prove they should be ahead of TT or Derek Carr.

I don't consider myself a 'hardcore TT guy', but I will say... you're a troll, and this rating is too low. Tyrod has played at least average ball so far, this year.

you could say it was a bit trollish . My stance - That posted list should not include TT. IMO should not be below 20.

27th is definitely too low when compared to others in the league. I can name another 4 year pro who is worse Cousins

How can you agrue with a ranking of 27?

TT played well in a conservatively called home game against the Colts.

He led a first qtr drive, almost all on the ground, vs the Pats.

He absolutely sucked with 6 three and outs over the next 45 minutes. 3 INTs and 8 sacks. The game was just about out of reach.

He played okay for the final ten minutes, but again it was a home game.

He is #27 in the league because that is where he belongs.

An away game will determine will if that rank is too low or too high.

QB Index: Ranking the starters 1-32

The confusing middle

13. Matthew Stafford
14. Andy Dalton
15. Marcus Mariota
16. Ryan Tannehill
17. Teddy Bridgewater
18. Derek Carr
19. Alex Smith
20. Colin Kaepernick
21. Tyrod Taylor
22. Nick Foles
24. Blake Bortles
25. Sam Bradford
26. Jameis Winston

Tyrod Taylor and Derek Carr both make a big leap this week. If they keep it up, they'll move up further when I transition to 2015-play-only rankings next week. Taylor hasn't been touched in two of his three starts. He looks to go down the field and has shown great accuracy. Rex Ryan has finally found an offensive coordinator in Greg Roman that doesn't sit on the ball and Taylor is lighting up the scoreboard despite very little help from Sammy Watkins and Robert Woods. Taylor still has to show he can survive when teams do pressure him, but his third-and-long completions last week were impressive.