Rex press conference - TT/EJ = The present and the future

YoloinOhio

Tyler Dunne Verified account @TyDunne 12m12 minutes ago

Here are the running highlights from #Bills HC Rex Ryan. He called Taylor/Manuel "the present and the future" ... http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/09/23/rex-ryan-ej-manuel-is-why-a-move-like-this-is-made/

Joe Buscaglia @JoeBuscaglia 11m11 minutes ago

Well that press conference was something else.

Can't wait for the video

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On if it's Whaley's decision... Decisions made for the betterment of the team. One man doesn't make the decision. Does he make the final decision, yes. But he's not acting as a rogue guy.

I love it...Rex using "not acting as a rogue guy" to the press when talking about Whaley!!

@JoeBuscaglia: #Bills HC Rex Ryan: To say EJ is inferior, he isn't inferior to any quarterback.

@JoeBuscaglia: #Bills HC Rex Ryan: It became clear that trying to develop a quarterback, you're going to develop more as a 2 than a 3.

I love it...Rex using "not acting as a rogue guy" to the press when talking about Whaley!!

haha

@JoeBuscaglia: #Bills HC Rex Ryan: Whaley was not acting out as a "rogue guy" as was reported in another case.

@JoeBuscaglia: #Bills HC Rex Ryan: We think EJ is going to keep ascending. It'll be easier for him to do that as a no. 2 than a no. 3

@JoeBuscaglia: #Bills HC Rex Ryan: EJ has the physical tools, his technique has improved since David Lee has got here.

Ooh Wee!! To take a quote from the illustrious Bart Scott, I "can't wait" to listen to the afternoon WGR show. To here " the present and the future" reference of Tyrod and EJ will sent shockwaves at the station and some on TBD.

I'm sure they will completely ignore the reference. Or if they do they will spin it to "the future looks dreary"

Tyler Dunne Verified account @TyDunne 12m12 minutes ago

Here are the running highlights from #Bills HC Rex Ryan. He called Taylor/Manuel "the present and the future" ... http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/09/23/rex-ryan-ej-manuel-is-why-a-move-like-this-is-made/

The present AND the future. Very interesting statement.

Queue the EJ is getting cut posts / threads after the "full confidence / he's not going anywhere" remarks.

Did Rex talk about the game this week at all or no?

it is buried out back at the "trash (talk) dump"

The present AND the future. Very interesting statement.

Queue the EJ is getting cut posts / threads after the "full confidence / he's not going anywhere" remarks.

it is buried out back at the "trash (talk) dump"

ha. Not an ounce of that this week. He only does that with the Pats* based on history. But, I didn't see him really trash talk except for the Dion Lewis thing (oops)

My thought on why Cassel was the #2 is that as a veteran he was better prepared to come into a game cold than EJ. I figured that if any injury to Tyrod kept him out more than that game, EJ would be the starter the next week and Cassel would remain #2.

My thought on why Cassel was the #2 is that as a veteran he was better prepared to come into a game cold than EJ. I figured that if any injury to Tyrod kept him out more than that game, EJ would be the starter the next week and Cassel would remain #2.

exactly, many of us reasoned this as well. The media clearly had their minds blown and are unable to grasp this concept.