Shady McCoy is a stud

YoloinOhio

Agreed. He looked great yesterday.

Regarding Philly, I'm sure they do wish they had him. So much of the running game is about timing and coordination, and that can't be replaced by simply plugging in Demarco Murray (and, by the way, notice how the Dallas running game has taken a hit without him--again, timing and coordination).

Also, with Kiko gone for the year, it really does look like a bad trade for Philly. Chip Kelly is having a rough start to 2015.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding Philly, I'm sure they do wish they had him. So much of the running game is about timing and coordination, and that can't be replaced by simply plugging in Demarco Murray (and, by the way, notice how the Dallas running game has taken a hit without him--again, timing and coordination).

Also, with Kiko gone for the year, it really does look like a bad trade for Philly. Chip Kelly is having a rough start to 2015.

And he has no one to blame but himself.

Chip biting off more than he can chew in trying to be both GM and coach.

Shady looked like his old self and Rex/Roman used him a lot better opening up 3 WR 1 TE sets to get him into space. I think he will turn in a solid season for the Bills. The Pats* lined up to stop the run early and make Tyrod beat him. But once Tyrod got going and the defense had to open up Shady got going and it was part of what sparked the offenses late comeback effort.

Ran DeSean Jackson out of town, didn't want to pay Jeremy Maclin, and ousted LeSean McCoy. To replace McCoy they had to give a big contract to DeMarco Murray. To replace Jackson and Maclin they had to spend a 1st round pick on Nelson Agholor and a high 2nd round pick on Jordan Matthews. They also got rid of Evan Mathis and their offensive line has looked a lot worse and that's got to be a contributing factor.

So to get rid of Jackson, Maclin, McCoy, and Mathis all to save money or because they didn't fit Chip's system they have had to us valuable draft resources in a 1st and 2nd round pick in back to back years, hand a huge contract to DeMarco Murray (On par to what the Bills gave Shady), and sacrifice the quality of the offensive line. Throw in that dumb Bradford trade which cost them an additional second round pick and money along with Foles and Chip's track record as a GM is horrendous.

Chip really !@#$ed up this off-season, he showed signs in the past of carelessly getting rid of talent but it looked to be more shrewd the first couple of years. Getting rid of Jackson and replacing him with Jordan Matthews was an good move, Matthews is a good talent and much cheaper than Jackson and with Maclin waiting in the wings coming off an injury there was talent coming in to supplant the talent coming out. But not resigning Maclin, trading Shady just to sign Murry for the same deal, letting Evan Mathis go, and trading both Foles and a 2nd round pick for the much more expensive and injury prone Bradford (Who may or may not even be as good) were all horrendous and arrogant moves.

Edited by billsfan89

Ran DeSean Jackson out of town, didn't want to pay Jeremy Maclin, and ousted LeSean McCoy. To replace McCoy they had to give a big contract to DeMarco Murray. To replace Jackson and Maclin they had to spend a 1st round pick on Nelson Agholor and a high 2nd round pick on Jordan Matthews. They also got rid of Evan Mathis and their offensive line has looked a lot worse and that's got to be a contributing factor.

So to get rid of Jackson, Maclin, McCoy, and Mathis all to save money or because they didn't fit Chip's system they have had to us valuable draft resources in a 1st and 2nd round pick in back to back years, hand a huge contract to DeMarco Murray (On par to what the Bills gave Shady), and sacrifice the quality of the offensive line. Throw in that dumb Bradford trade which cost them an additional second round pick and money along with Foles and Chip's track record as a GM is horrendous.

also - though I think this was before chip was technically GM - they drafted Marcus smith in the 1st rd. in 2014.He was inactive yesterday. Healthy scratch. Edited by YoloinOhio

also - though I think this was before chip was technically GM - they drafted Marcus smith in the 1st rd. in 2014.He was inactive yesterday. Healthy scratch.

It was technically before that, but that was a Chip Kelly pick...he went on about how draft boards and rankings are stupid and nobody knows what they're talking about.

Marcus Smith looked then, and looks now, like a horrible pick.

I think the Shady trade is one of the best The Bills have ever made! Kiki (Nate Odomes) Alonso was injury prone and no big loss! The guy got hurt before camp last year and was out for the whole season!!!!! How can you miss a guy who spent the previous season on IR. Did he even play the whole season his rookie year? I'm trying to remember, but didn't he get hurt and was out 2 to 3 games?

I'm impressed he lasted this long for the Eagles!!!!

Go Bills!!!

I think the Shady trade is one of the best The Bills have ever made! Kiki (Nate Odomes) Alonso was injury prone and no big loss! The guy got hurt before camp last year and was out for the whole season!!!!! How can you miss a guy who spent the previous season on IR. Did he even play the whole season his rookie year? I'm trying to remember, but didn't he get hurt and was out 2 to 3 games?

I'm impressed he lasted this long for the Eagles!!!!

Go Bills!!!

IIRC, he played every defensive snap for the Bills in 2013.

also - though I think this was before chip was technically GM - they drafted Marcus smith in the 1st rd. in 2014.He was inactive yesterday. Healthy scratch.

Draft busts happen even to the Best GM's but yeah in the context of everything that happened after that pick, it makes that pick look even worse. Also a lot of people thought the Eagles logic in trading McCoy for Kiko and not budging to Mathis and not resigning Maclin was that they would invest their cap resources into the defense. Well they signed Murray to the same deal McCoy was signed and took on a much larger contract than Foles with Bradford. So a lot of those cap savings went to simply rearranging pieces, they did sign Byron Maxwell and a few other pieces on defense but the results have been mixed so far.

Draft busts happen even to the Best GM's but yeah in the context of everything that happened after that pick, it makes that pick look even worse. Also a lot of people thought the Eagles logic in trading McCoy for Kiko and not budging to Mathis and not resigning Maclin was that they would invest their cap resources into the defense. Well they signed Murray to the same deal McCoy was signed and took on a much larger contract than Foles with Bradford. So a lot of those cap savings went to simply rearranging pieces, they did sign Byron Maxwell and a few other pieces on defense but the results have been mixed so far.

every db has bad games but maxwell's night of burnt toast vs Julio jones on mnf looked even worse when he laughed about it post-game. Totally immature. He got beat again yesterday on a Weeden TD pass.

IIRC, he played every defensive snap for the Bills in 2013.

yep. He did get hurt in the jags game but played through it. Think that was a knee as well.