How many fighters does $42 million get you?

Gary M

4 - 5

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/09/18/syrian-crisis-shocking-truth-about-obamas-volunteer-syrian-army.html?intcmp=trending

FTA

"Four or five soldiers. Somewhere between the Beatles and the starting lineup of the Knicks. That is what remains of Obama’s volunteer Syrian army, the mighty war machine the president proposed to equip, train and unleash on the tens of thousands of Muslim holy warriors who control large swaths of Syria and Iraq."

4 - 5

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/09/18/syrian-crisis-shocking-truth-about-obamas-volunteer-syrian-army.html?intcmp=trending

FTA

"Four or five soldiers. Somewhere between the Beatles and the starting lineup of the Knicks. That is what remains of Obamas volunteer Syrian army, the mighty war machine the president proposed to equip, train and unleash on the tens of thousands of Muslim holy warriors who control large swaths of Syria and Iraq."

What I want to know is if we spent $42m on an initial 54 that showed up and ended up with 4 or 5 still around where did all the money go? This is a perfect example of a government that has no accountability control over the money they are allotted. Until they can do this they should not get anymore of mine. And if they ever do an accounting of where our money goes I expect to have my taxes greatly reduced. What a !@#$ing waste.

How about that! I figured it would be easy to throw some money around and create a solid little army out of nothing. The GOP candidates sure make it sound as if it would be a cakewalk

So the military led by your savior blows $42m and somehow you find a way to use this as a dig at the GOP?? I'd rather hear your thoughts about the wasted money. Are you ok with that? Aren't you the least bit curious how we could spend that much money on trying to train only 54 people and having only 4 or 5 stick? Where did it go? Who got rich? Do you think there are other parts of the US government that are wasting that kind of money as well? Oh so many questions.

I don't care who's in control, left or right, this is absurd.

How about that! I figured it would be easy to throw some money around and create a solid little army out of nothing. The GOP candidates sure make it sound as if it would be a cakewalk

I'm going to send you a T-shirt which in large letters reads: Don't confuse me with facts, my mind is made up. Wear it proud.

So the military led by your savior blows $42m and somehow you find a way to use this as a dig at the GOP?? I'd rather hear your thoughts about the wasted money. Are you ok with that? Aren't you the least bit curious how we could spend that much money on trying to train only 54 people and having only 4 or 5 stick? Where did it go? Who got rich? Do you think there are other parts of the US government that are wasting that kind of money as well? Oh so many questions.

Of course he did.

Of course he is.

Of course he isn't.

Why would he care?

Why would he care?

Your final question presupposes an ability for him to think, so of course he doesn't.

Tiny, tiny drop in the bucket compared to the massive waste, fraud and abuse in Iraq. No where even close

Tiny, tiny drop in the bucket compared to the massive waste, fraud and abuse in Iraq. No where even close

:wallbash:

Ahhhh yes. The ole "well it was only $__________. Compare that to the amount of money spend on an unjust war" response. At some point it becomes not about the amount of money but the fact that the government wastes shitloads of money every day, week, month and year and we sit here and go "oh well....." It's always a little bit here a little bit there. Tiny drops add up to buckets.

Seeing you decided not to answer any of the questions I proposed (or did Taro answer them correctly so there was no need for the redundancy?) Please answer this one. Do you have any small curiosity on how much it actually costs to train 52 people that whittled down to 4 or 5 and where the rest of the money went?

:wallbash:

Ahhhh yes. The ole "well it was only $__________. Compare that to the amount of money spend on an unjust war" response. At some point it becomes not about the amount of money but the fact that the government wastes shitloads of money every day, week, month and year and we sit here and go "oh well....." It's always a little bit here a little bit there. Tiny drops add up to buckets.

Seeing you decided not to answer any of the questions I proposed (or did Taro answer them correctly so there was no need for the redundancy?) Please answer this one. Do you have any small curiosity on how much it actually costs to train 52 people that whittled down to 4 or 5 and where the rest of the money went?

Maybe you can show up at a Trump town hall meeting and ask him about it?

And no, I couldn't give a flying crap about this money.

The $42M just goes to the massive-massive waste of time and money involvement in the Middle East is. We have spent trillions - just this century - on the folly of the ME. If we had spent this money on self reliant energy strategy we woud not care what goes on there - and likewise - our presence would not provide angst for the locals.

The power of the military industrial complex - the answer to everything is military action.

The $42M just goes to the massive-massive waste of time and money involvement in the Middle East is. We have spent trillions - just this century - on the folly of the ME. If we had spent this money on self reliant energy strategy we woud not care what goes on there - and likewise - our presence would not provide angst for the locals.

The power of the military industrial complex - the answer to everything is military action.

Yes, but to be fair. This drop in the bucket is way worse than anything else.

Barry never wanted the entire job of being President. He never wanted the part that deals with wars, terrorism, budgets, debt, the economy or working with the other party.

...or personal responsibility. Which is par for the course for liberals.

People say the war in Iraq didn't go well. But for the defense contractors it went really well.

Department of Defense's direct spending on Iraq totaled at least $757.8 billion

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Financial_cost_of_the_Iraq_War

A staggering $3,000+ per taxpayer.

And for good measure ...

Iraq Money Missing: $6.6 Billion Still Unaccounted For, U.S. Officials Say

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/876237

Edited by JTSP