The NFL has changed so much--FIRE ROGER GOODELL

ThurmasThoman

I pointed this out in the locked thread. Any conspiracy whatsoever, no matter how small, is grouped in with UFOs/lizard people/etc. It's been turned into a slur. The bolded above is a great example.

They never argue the point, they just ad hominem attack you.

Great point! many people believe the lizzard king, Jim Morrison faked his death.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or probably because Goodell has nothing to do with any of the things you have cited. The owners are the ones who decided on international games. The competition committee and the owners themselves decide the rules of the game and how to enforce them. Then the tell Goodell to go out and tell the public so we won't go screaming to our owner who is complicit with these decisions.

It's always stunning to realize people (some) still don't know how this works re: owners/Goodell. This is direct proof that Goodell is worth every penny and is doing his job exactly as his bosses want, with a few massive free publicity gaffes along the way. But those work out to the owners' benefit always anyway.

You just buffed your own stale thread! Awesome.

Its not my thread just added to it. Goodel has a big play in pushing for London and Mexico City. Regardless because I wont argue many fans feel the same way. Right now the NFL is riding high with revenues and they feel they are invinsible. Who will be the owner that wants to go to either? It will take a special risk taker type. And yes I understand the rules committee yet Goodel drives alot of it. I just think its time for a change. Every commisioner runs its course.

Its not my thread just added to it. Goodel has a big play in pushing for London and Mexico City. Regardless because I wont argue many fans feel the same way. Right now the NFL is riding high with revenues and they feel they are invinsible. Who will be the owner that wants to go to either? It will take a special risk taker type. And yes I understand the rules committee yet Goodel drives alot of it. I just think its time for a change. Every commisioner runs its course.

How did Goodell push for London and Mexico? Those were not his ideas. And Goodll is not part of the rules committee.

All of these decisions are made at the owners' meetings. Special risk taker? To go to London? There really is no risk in owning an NFL team.

I've been saying for years, we need robot referees. Flags have become way too discretionary.

And I agree on the magnitude of the penalties called on Buffalo vs New England. On the stat sheet it looks pretty close, but Buffalos penalties are always more of game changing nature.

The funny thing is that flags become more discretionary the more they try to "improve" the rules to make them less discretionary.

Maybe, just maybe, they should try...simplifying...the rules for once.

How did Goodell push for London and Mexico? Those were not his ideas. And Goodll is not part of the rules committee.

All of these decisions are made at the owners' meetings. Special risk taker? To go to London? There really is no risk in owning an NFL team.

No. The head of the rules committee is the guy who was suspended for pumping fake crowd noise into his stadium.

Completely kosher. No problem there.

Have you not heard Goodel speak about it? The guy is 100'percent on board. I have a long day but later on I will dig some stiff up for you.

Some Alex jones kinda **** in hurr

My true thread of "conspiratorial theories" alleging that Buffalo's game against the Giants was not on the up and up, and that members of the NFL's social media team were at work on this board to spin the message was 4 pages of productive, positive conversation with people questioning the integrity of the game, much like they did after spygate, deflategate, the replacement refs, the bills/giants game, and now, after last nights detroit/seattle finish.

That thread was, of course, closed and locked within an hour for not contributing positively to the discussion at hand.

Watch the highlights of last nights finish.

I apologize for the anger i showed in this thread at the top: the league is much more of a comedy to me that a point of rage now.

Personally, I am not spending another dollar of MY money on the NFL until Goodell is gone. Easy for me as a non-season-ticket owning fan, living out of market. But I certainly won't be buying WWE Sunday Ticket next season.

Sunday Night Football ratings took a massive nose dive this week.

Predictable.

Parse out whatever silver lining you want from the article, but the message is starting to resonate loud and clear: the product is absolute f*cking garbage; has been rocked by one too many cheating scandals; has an illegitimate champion for the fourth time this millennium; is over officiated to the point that every play is followed by fans expecting a flag; and driven by a "concussion" narrative that roger refused to take by the horns the second it cropped up, which has resulted in the essence of the game being whistled away 15 yards at a time.

Maybe they'll get a bump next week, but the league has a problem when the contending Giants can't even get the NYC metro region eyes on the screen, and people are watching zombie sitcoms instead. This wasn't Tampa v. St. Louis in primetime: this was 9ers Giants.

I wonder if fans are starting to feel like the league is rigged, and the product is overmarketed, with a message so tightly controlled that people might think they are watching a 4 hour beer commercial, instead of a rough, rugged, full contact blood sport?

Hmmmm.