A Few Quick Points

R. Rich

*Did the season ever end? I wonder. I see a whole lot of the same issues from the season being passionately debated (seemingly non-stop) here. The tone has gotten a bit more acerbic, but the content is much the same.

I took a look at Harvey's post about the "clueless" Losman fans/bashers. By the way, good post, Harv. There was one in there I found that summed up the tone of the debate quite nicely:

Am not!

Am too!

Am not!

Am too!

Am not!

Am too!

Am not!

Am too!

Am not!

Am too!

Am not!

Am too!

Am not!

Am too!

Am not!

Am too!

Am not!

Am too!

Am not!

Am too!

Am not!

Am too!

Am not!

Am too!

Am not!

Am too!

Am not!

Am too!

Am not!

Am too!

Am not!

Am too!

Am not!

Am too!

Am not!

Am too!

Am not!

Am too!

Am not!

Am too!

God, I just love the maturity level of the "most knowledgeable fans in football."

237480[/snapback]

You're onto something there, Nanker.

**I've read a few different posts about what the Bills should do in free agency and the draft. I'm sure a lot of you know that I think it's important to upgrade the offensive line. That should be first and foremost. I just hope this is the year we aggressively pursue this. We haven't had a dominant OL here in Buffalo since we let Will Wolford and House Ballard go. Which brings me to another point...

***Draft a kicker with our highest draft pick??? That just doesn't make sense to me. I guess I could see it IF we were to go out and do something like:

1. Sign Tra Thomas to play LT

2. Sign a top LG prospect like Jermaine Mayberry or Marco Rivera

3. Sign a good CB like Jason Craft, Aaron Beasley, or Gary Baxter to give us a solid nickel CB to help out against multiple WR sets

4. Sign a pass rushing LB to either replace Posey or be a situational player

If we still have any of these issues going into the draft, selecting a kicker first would solve nothing. After all, the 3 kickers who are arguably the best in the NFL-David Akers, Mike Vanderjagt, and Adam Vinatieri-were all UNDRAFTED!!!

****Happy birthday to Drew Blesoe. I don't think he should be our starting QB, but he is a great guy and did have some success leading our team.

Happy birthday to Jim and Hunter Kelly. Jim is the best QB we've ever had and a guy whose leadership we truly miss. I hope both are well and enjoy thier day.

1.  Sign Tra Thomas to play LT

2.  Sign a top LG prospect like Jermaine Mayberry or Marco Rivera

3.  Sign a good CB like Jason Craft, Aaron Beasley, or Gary Baxter to give us a solid nickel CB to help out against multiple WR sets

4.  Sign a pass rushing LB to either replace Posey or be a situational player

238261[/snapback]

Rich...good to see you back. I agree with ugrading the OL through F/A especially now that it appears the Bills will be going with Losman at QB. I have to believe WM will be the primary focus on offense and upgrading the LG spot is a must. Ditto for LT if Jennings is not going to be re-signed. As far as CB goes, I am happy with the play of Clements, McGee and Thomas, but you can never have enough good CB's.

Posey....I've said it before. Too many games where he is a non-factor. He was a pass rushing LB in a 3-4 scheme being asked to play as a traditional OLB in a 4-3. Experiment over...upgrade if possible.

Hey, Rich...I suspect it's too early to tell, but I'd be curious who you have you eyes on when Buffalo enters the draft in April. I completely agree with your assessment that going after a kick will have little impact if we don't address the Oline.

Is there someone of value you like for the OL in the draft, assuming we get nothing but maybe a second or third for Henry?

......and where the heck have you been ????  :doh:

239251[/snapback]

And, Oh my Goodness! He quoted ME?!

We're not worthy... We're not worthy... We're not worthy...

diddlediddlediddledah, diddlediddlediddledah, diddlediddlediddledah! :blink:

Thanks, Rich. We're just trying to keep the sanity level above the waterline.

(though I have to admit I've thrown my share of sh-- around lately.) :(

*Did the season ever end?  I wonder.  I see a whole lot of the same issues from the season being passionately debated (seemingly non-stop) here.  The tone has gotten a bit more acerbic, but the content is much the same. 

I took a look at Harvey's post about the "clueless" Losman fans/bashers.  By the way, good post, Harv.  There was one in there I found that summed up the tone of the debate quite nicely:

You're onto something there, Nanker. 

**I've read a few different posts about what the Bills should do in free agency and the draft.  I'm sure a lot of you know that I think it's important to upgrade the offensive line.  That should be first and foremost.  I just hope this is the year we aggressively pursue this.  We haven't had a dominant OL here in Buffalo since we let Will Wolford and House Ballard go.  Which brings me to another point...

***Draft a kicker with our highest draft pick???  That just doesn't make sense to me.  I guess I could see it IF we were to go out and do something like:

1.  Sign Tra Thomas to play LT

2.  Sign a top LG prospect like Jermaine Mayberry or Marco Rivera

3.  Sign a good CB like Jason Craft, Aaron Beasley, or Gary Baxter to give us a solid nickel CB to help out against multiple WR sets

4.  Sign a pass rushing LB to either replace Posey or be a situational player

If we still have any of these issues going into the draft, selecting a kicker first would solve nothing.  After all, the 3 kickers who are arguably the best in the NFL-David Akers, Mike Vanderjagt, and Adam Vinatieri-were all UNDRAFTED!!!

****Happy birthday to Drew Blesoe.  I don't think he should be our starting QB, but he is a great guy and did have some success leading our team.

Happy birthday to Jim and Hunter Kelly.  Jim is the best QB we've ever had and a guy whose leadership we truly miss.  I hope both are well and enjoy thier day.

238261[/snapback]

Thank you rrich

This is the most sensible post I have read so far.

Glad to know there is someone out there being smart and realistic.

Do you have any thoughts on Surtain coming to the Bills? Perhaps the phish would take Travis and a pick?

239255[/snapback]

I haven't really thought of that one, Bill. We do need at least a solid 3 man rotation at CB (see the Pittsburgh game), but we also have talent AND depth issues in other areas and, I fear, the pick to accompany Henry would be too high to relinquish. And please, DO NOT give up any future picks for Surtain!

Hey, Rich...I suspect it's too early to tell, but I'd be curious who you have you eyes on when Buffalo enters the draft in April. I completely agree with your assessment that going after a kick will have little impact if we don't address the Oline.

Is there someone of value you like for the OL in the draft, assuming we get nothing but maybe a second or third for Henry?

239258[/snapback]

I've posted a couple scenarios over in the Mock Draft forum. Feel free to check it out. I'm working on a list of different positions now, as I have mainly been looking at guards, centers, some tackles, and linebackers.

And, Oh my Goodness! He quoted ME?!

We're not worthy... We're not worthy... We're not worthy...

diddlediddlediddledah, diddlediddlediddledah, diddlediddlediddledah!  :blink:

Thanks, Rich. We're just trying to keep the sanity level above the waterline.

(though I have to admit I've thrown my share of sh-- around lately.) :doh:

239262[/snapback]

Who am I that you need to feel worthy for?

You aren't the only one who has noticed the 'sanity level' around here. It makes it tough to find a reason to come back here. Thing is, I have many good friends that I've made here and I wouldn't want to lose touch with them. For that reason, I don't think I could just 'give up' TBD.

It's no wonder you are the favorite poster of some people here including me. Just when the maturity level starts dropping below 3rd grade level, here you come with a level headed post that makes sense. You are the man big guy.

239314[/snapback]

At least somebody likes me! Heck, even my wife has said she favors the posts of someone other than me. Oh well.

I am concerned with the way things have been going around here. I can only hope there is a turnaround.