9/20/15 Bills second half game day thread

Beerball

Yup--this game was not as close as the score indicated.

actually it was. because regardless of the defense they fronted we were within Five Points. Even Bill b sweats that. wild game. learning game.

Edited by 3rdand12

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Jets got dominated in prime time (something like 49-20) when Rex was there one season, then later that same season the teams met in the playoffs in Foxboro and the Jets won.

Every week is a new game.

I agree. Baltimore's D looked incredible last week and then this week against Oakland they've given up 200 yards passing to Carr through about a quarter of play. Patriots clearly had the upper hand this week. Next week will be a better sign of where the bills are at. They don't need to beat the patriots every week to make the playoffs but they need to beat teams like the Dolphins.

Jets got dominated in prime time (something like 49-20) when Rex was there one season, then later that same season the teams met in the playoffs in Foxboro and the Jets won.

Every week is a new game.

and this is the whole truth. nothing but the truth.

wellsaid

Exactly. :beer:

I already did challenge it. They didn't say anything over the top. Every player, every coach, gave them respect. They just said they want to beat them, they can't stand them. That's not getting cocky. And if you think it is, I suggest you may have grown a vagina where your manhood should be.

Hahahahahahah! I'll give you credit on the response. Not out to fight with fellow Bills fans. Look man... I'm a diehard Bills fan who has been through this way too long (probably like yourself). The bIlls organization did everything possible to aid in the media buildup of this game.

Plain and simple, we were embarrassed in our house, again. Right? Rex was supposed to have had a gameplan completed months ago for this game. We were ridiculously undisciplined, for the second game in a row. The best part of our team (D Line) was neutered all game.

We talked, but weren't ready at the end of the day to take on the champs. And with the Guinness book of world records at our stadium, they beat us more than what the score indicated. I love the Bills, but I'm worried that this could be a morale killer. Let's see how they respond.

There was nothing said that was embarrassing though. Like I said, every player and coach paid their respects -- but they also said they want to beat them. How is that embarrassing? Embarrassing would be kowtowing to the P*ts all week before the game. Give me honesty over platitudes any day, so long as they aren't disrespectful. :beer:

There are ways to say it. Kevin Costner needs to coach the Bills on the cliches. All the yapping was definitely a factor in New England. Up 24 they were still looking to run it up. They were pumped up and we were flat and stupid.

You're right - the patriots let Sammy score that last touchdown to make it a five point game with over four minutes to go. If the Pats were in umbrella coverage then where was the player over the top on that play? It's pretty clear that you have an agenda, so there's no point in discussing it though.

I get so sick of posts like this.

Watkins beat a jam, which blew up the timing of the safety over the top to the point that any efforts were so late that they were irrelevant. This play is exactly the reason the Bills spent so much to draft Sammy. He created a play that the defense wasn't giving.

But no, you're right. The Patriots weren't playing defense 101, with a loaded defensive backfield, and I have an agenda.

I think the line looked much better honestly.

Really? Cordy whiffed on multiple occasions and had a couple holds I think, and the rest of the gang wasn't much better. I think it can come around, but I thought it was a sad showing. Yes, Tyrod could have gotten the ball out faster (I assume to someone?), but a Brady performance is hard to come by.

Hahahahahahah! I'll give you credit on the response. Not out to fight with fellow Bills fans. Look man... I'm a diehard Bills fan who has been through this way too long (probably like yourself). The bIlls organization did everything possible to aid in the media buildup of this game.

Plain and simple, we were embarrassed in our house, again. Right? Rex was supposed to have had a gameplan completed months ago for this game. We were ridiculously undisciplined, for the second game in a row. The best part of our team (D Line) was neutered all game.

We talked, but weren't ready at the end of the day to take on the champs. And with the Guinness book of world records at our stadium, they beat us more than what the score indicated. I love the Bills, but I'm worried that this could be a morale killer. Let's see how they respond.

Again, if you think pregame talk had any bearing on what happened between the white lines, you're kidding yourself.

There are ways to say it. Kevin Costner needs to coach the Bills on the cliches. All the yapping was definitely a factor in New England. Up 24 they were still looking to run it up. They were pumped up and we were flat and stupid.

Disagree. New Engl*nd is the definition of an internally motivated team. Always have been.

They were down 5 points with over two minutes left. You don't think they showed that they can hang tough through adversity? They fell behind early, but stayed in it. This isn't a morale-killer at all.

it might have been 45-3... all I know is that it was a total beat down of epic proportions yet a few weeks later the Jets went into Ne* and won in the playoffs and Brady was pretty much shut down.

There will be different game plans next time.

Honestly, if I knew I would go 1-1 against NE* I would pick the MNF in NE* this year as the W.

it might have been 45-3... all I know is that it was a total beat down of epic proportions yet a few weeks later the Jets went into Ne* and won in the playoffs and Brady was pretty much shut down.

There will be different game plans next time.

Honestly, if I knew I would go 1-1 against NE* I would pick the MNF in NE* this year as the W.

It should be another great game.

It looked like Rambo played well in place of AW.

You're a real thinker.

This is the typical kick-'em-while'they're-down approach.

Weak, man. Weak.

Nah.. Not trying to kick anyone while they're down, my friend. I'm p!ssed like the rest of us. I'm pretty sick of the Pats continuously embarrassing this team and city. I think we were either unprepared for this game, or just not good enough. I think it's the former. The penalties were inexcusable (esp silly the personal fouls). The fact that our defense gave up 40 was inexcusable. The fact that TT was sacked (how many times) was inexcusable.

Happy we fought back. Love to see it and I hope that is a great sign for times to come. I love the team. Go Bills. I love the swagger. But we are still an average team until we can win big games. Talent-wise, we can run with the best of them. I was hoping Rex had us ready. He didn't.

Really? Cordy whiffed on multiple occasions and had a couple holds I think, and the rest of the gang wasn't much better. I think it can come around, but I thought it was a sad showing. Yes, Tyrod could have gotten the ball out faster (I assume to someone?), but a Brady performance is hard to come by.

Chandler jones had a field day with Glenn by the numbers. but Tyrod moved outside when his blocking was pushing the rusher outside too. Today was tyrod learning

Again, if you think pregame talk had any bearing on what happened between the white lines, you're kidding yourself.

Disagree. New Engl*nd is the definition of an internally motivated team. Always have been.

Agree to disagree. I'm going by what was printed in the New England papers and the few comments there were from Cheat players.

Chandler jones had a field day with Glenn by the numbers. but Tyrod moved outside when his blocking was pushing the rusher outside too. Today was tyrod learning

I never thought Chandler Jones was going to be great. I'm wrong a lot. But I agree Tyrod was getting invaluable game experience! The sky is not falling. I wanted to pull Shady, but then realized that was giving up and I'm glad they didn't do that.

Edited by Augie