I Have No Choice But to Support Losman

JohninMinn.

It's quite possible the Bills will take a step backward this year. I'm not going to get too bent out of shape by that possibility. JP will have had more than a full year of training in the Buffalo offensive system by the time he takes his first regular season snap. Yes, he was injured for a number of weeks during the 2005 season, but that does not mean he wasn't studying, observing, learning. Eli Manning struggled some in NY, though he improved late. Buffalo's offensive system is a lot more like the one Pittsburgh used with Ben Roethlisberger than what Manning was trying to learn in NY. In particular, Buffalo made a concerted and largely successful effort to move toward a strong running game combined with a simplified higher percentage passing game. If you're going to start a young QB, that is they offensive system of choice. With some additional cap room created, Buffalo is going to continue to shore up the offensive line. With a second year under offensive line guru Jim McNally, the blocking should only get better. I won't be so naive as to guarrantee Losman's success this season, but I think his chances of having a good season are actually pretty good. Next to Roethlisberger's situation a year ago, it's hard to imagine better circumstances for a young QB to come in and start..

You didn't happen to see Eli Manning play this year ?

238203[/snapback]

John...the other 21 starters on the Giants can't hold a candle to the Bills starters. In addition, our special teams are head and shoulders above the Giants. Manning didn't have a chance to succeed in 2004 with that team.

People, people, Hello?

NE got rid of DB AFTER they had SUCCESS with TB and he PROVED himself.

Big difference Buffalo.

In our city wide quest to be like other more successful areas of the country, we look to emulate other's success. Somehow we always screw up the formula.

Stop being the little brother Buffalo.

Again, TD if you are listening, BLAZE YOUR OWN TRAIL.

If JP is the man and you have confidence in him starting, pursue it. Don't try to simply do what others have done successfully.

There is no get successful quick scheme.

It's not: "Look what Pitt did with Big Ben."

It's not: "Look what NYG did with Eli."

And it is certainly not: "Look with what NE did in 2001."

If we follow those statements, we are setting ourselves up for failure. Failure that will become part of a long line of Buffalo disasters. I don't even want to begin to list them, so don't ask! :blink:;)

I am pro-BUFFALO first!

People, people, Hello?

NE got rid of DB AFTER they had SUCCESS with TB and he PROVED himself.

Big difference Buffalo.

In our city wide quest to be like other more successful areas of the country, we look to emulate other's success.  Somehow we always screw up the formula.

Stop being the little brother Buffalo.

Again, TD if you are listening, BLAZE YOUR OWN TRAIL.

If JP is the man and you have confidence in him starting, pursue it.  Don't try to simply do what others have done successfully.

There is no get successful quick scheme.

It's not: "Look what Pitt did with Big Ben."

It's not: "Look what NYG did with Eli."

And it is certainly not: "Look with what NE did in 2001."

If we follow those statements, we are setting ourselves up for failure.  Failure that will become part of a long line of Buffalo disasters.  I don't even want to begin to list them, so don't ask! :blink:  ;)

I am pro-BUFFALO first!

238262[/snapback]

Very well said. I think a lot of head coaches and GM's try to follow the leader too much in the offseason when the fact is year after year the team that proves to be the best is the team with a coach that follows his own creative path.

Ok, let's NEVER start JP. Let's just keep him in a plastic display case to show off to the public.

WTF! He's has to start at some point. Bledsoe has done NOTHING FOR THIS TEAM (why... why... WHY do people still support him?).

Sure, 2005 will be tough, but let's get on with it, and get ready for this next era of Bills football.

JP-Willis-Evans. Nasty.

It's quite possible the Bills will take a step backward this year.  I'm not going to get too bent out of shape by that possibility.  JP will have had more than a full year of training in the Buffalo offensive system by the time he takes his first regular season snap.  Yes, he was injured for a number of weeks during the 2005 season, but that does not mean he wasn't studying, observing, learning.  Eli Manning struggled some in NY, though he improved late.  Buffalo's offensive system is a lot more like the one Pittsburgh used with Ben Roethlisberger than what Manning was trying to learn in NY.  In particular, Buffalo made a concerted and largely successful effort to move toward a strong running game combined with a simplified higher percentage passing game.  If you're going to start a young QB, that is they offensive system of choice.  With some additional cap room created, Buffalo is going to continue to shore up the offensive line.  With a second year under offensive line guru Jim McNally, the blocking should only get better.  I won't be so naive as to guarrantee Losman's success this season, but I think his chances of having a good season are actually pretty good.  Next to Roethlisberger's situation a year ago, it's hard to imagine better circumstances for a young QB to come in and start..

238222[/snapback]

Tiger,

I agree with most of your post and we won't truly know what we have until the end of the 2005 season. I think there is one critical point many are overlooking. There is an assumption that JP will have to play great and not make mistakes for the Bills to continue moving forward. I think he merely needs to play solid. I think we've overlooked just how bad DB has played over the last several years. The supporters of DB overlook the fact that he was simply dreadful at times last season. All JP needs to do is play smart and not force stupid turnovers.

You've got to get more from a 12 year, $5 million veteran. It's time to turn the page.

Eli Manning isnt JP, or are they the same person at last check???  ;)

238209[/snapback]

No they aren't, you see, Eli was good enough to beat out the starter and didn't miss a practice due to injury. JP spent the better part of the year in a track suit carrying gatorade and when he came back was not good enough to warrant a look as the starter by the coaches. So yeah, they are different.

I have hopes for JP just as high as the next guy, I just don't like the idea of him "winning" the position in the boardroom rather than on the field.

If we're really gonna do this, we had better use the xtra cash to upgrade the line. Resign Jonas, sign a top-notch left guard and lets go. JP's gonna need all the help he can get here. Also, we're gonna be facing a ton of 8 man fronts , at least, in the beggining, so JP had better be able to throw the deep ball.

Finally, resigning Phat Pat is a huge priority. The D can't slip at all. We have to be perfect in every area.

I can't believe that people would rather ensure another 8-8 or 9-7 season with Drew than take a chance with JP. Maybe it'll be a disaster....maybe. Maybe he'll work out and develop into our QB for the next ten years. How can you be against taking that shot? This team certainly isn't going any further with Drew at QB.

I can't believe that people would rather ensure another 8-8 or 9-7 season with Drew than take a chance with JP. Maybe it'll be a disaster....maybe. Maybe he'll work out and develop into our QB for the next ten years. How can you be against taking that shot? This team certainly isn't going any further with Drew at QB.

KD, you may very well be correct and I really hope you are. But after 5 straight non-playoff seasons, I'm personally so friggin sick of rebuilding. I really don't want to take a step back, even if may be for the greater long-term good. I know that is short-sighted of me, but I'm sick of watching crappy football. Sick of waiting till next year. Outside of the first 8 games in 02, the first 2 games in 03, and 6 out the last 7 games in 04, our team has been sh-------. They are simply one big tease.

Now I know that the O will be dumbed down for JP, to begin with, and I truly hope he avoids the ridiculous stuipd mistakes that rookies make. I know, at first, I will be holding my breath every time he drops back to pass (not too different from DB). I just hope this works because I am so sick of watching bull sh--.

I love how people over simplify this decision. I am sure that TD just looked at what went on in Pitt this year and made his decision based solely on that. So TD is now dumb...

That makes no sense. I would assume that he would seek out the opinions of Wyche and MM and Clements and the other "football minds" in the org before deciding. I am sure there was a lot more to the decsioin that looking around the NFL at what other teams have done and trying to "copy" them.

This team is going no where with Bledsoe. Honestly whats the difference between not make the playoffs with JP and not making it with DB. At least with JP there is hope...