"Experts" Picks - Week 2 vs the Pats

CodeMonkey

There is virtually no chance the Bills will win this one. Why? Because everybody outside of NE wants us to crush them so very badly. Because the Bills deserve to win, because good should always defeat evil, and the Pats*** are as evil as they come.

But as George R. R. Martin tells us, “There are no heroes...in life, the monsters win.”

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is virtually no chance the Bills will win this one. Why? Because everybody outside of NE wants us to crush them so very badly. Because the Bills deserve to win, because good should always defeat evil, and the Pats*** are as evil as they come.

But as George R. R. Martin tells us, “There are no heroes...in life, the monsters win.”

Well according to Pacific RIm, "To fight monsters, we created monsters"

maybe the Bills have turned into the monster?

@DonBanks

My NFL Week 2 picks column is out, and this time Packers will be doling out revenge rather than dealing with regret: http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/09/18/nfl-week-2-picks-scores-predictions

patriots-bills-week-2.jpg

I believe in the Bills and don’t see them turning into a mirage later this season. But I also believe in the edge that Bill Belichick seems to give his team when it has extra time to study an opponent, which came courtesy of playing the Thursday night opener. The NFL said this week that tight ends combined for 22 receiving touchdowns in Week 1, the most in any week in the last 15 seasons. New England’s Rob Gronkowski didn’t score all of those. It just seemed that way against Pittsburgh.

Hey if Taylor keeps looking sharp, we may be well on our way to fulfilling your master plan of Taylor playing so well that he is worth a first round pick so we can trade him at the end of the season and wing it with Manuel next year. Hopefully this Sunday is another step in that direction.

:bag:

@DonBanks

My NFL Week 2 picks column is out, and this time Packers will be doling out revenge rather than dealing with regret: http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/09/18/nfl-week-2-picks-scores-predictions

patriots-bills-week-2.jpg

I believe in the Bills and don’t see them turning into a mirage later this season. But I also believe in the edge that Bill Belichick seems to give his team when it has extra time to study an opponent, which came courtesy of playing the Thursday night opener. The NFL said this week that tight ends combined for 22 receiving touchdowns in Week 1, the most in any week in the last 15 seasons. New England’s Rob Gronkowski didn’t score all of those. It just seemed that way against Pittsburgh.

But did he really have extra time to prepare? It is a brand new offensive and defensive scheme that was not first unveiled until Sunday.... So maybe it is not such an edge that he might have later in the season.

But did he really have extra time to prepare? It is a brand new offensive and defensive scheme that was not first unveiled until Sunday.... So maybe it is not such an edge that he might have later in the season.

Extra time or not I suspect that Roman knows exactly what to expect from Belichick. He'll be wagering that Taylor is not going to beat his defense solely through the air. He'll bring extra support down into the box on early downs to stuff the run and try to get the Bills into 3rd and longs. They'll show a 3 or 4 man passive pass rush trying to keep containment on Taylor, frustrating him and forcing him into throws, and showing him a lot of different looks in the secondary.

This should provide some early game 1st down one-on-one opportunities for Clay, Watkins, or Harvin, maybe even McCoy out of the backfield. If I'm Roman I'll dial up some 1st and 2nd down play-action passes to try and burn them early and flush them out of their scheme. Then the Bills might be in the position to dictate the play vs. getting dictated to like Bills coaching staffs have done against the NE staff for years.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

What's in the NFL forecast for Week 2?

The Packers dropped two games to the Seahawks last season, including a crushing NFC title game loss. Will Aaron Rodgers get the best of Bobby Wagner? Elliot Harrison provides his picks.

NE.png 22 BUF.png 20

Rob Gronkowski disappoints everyone by catching only one touchdown pass. Yet, after the Patriots build a 7-0 lead, they find themselves in a dogfight. Nothing about the Bills' win over Indy was fluky. Nothing. Some members of the Bills Mafia got after me for purportedly insinuating that this team isn't legit in my weekly Power Rankings. But considering I moved the Bills up 11 spots, I feel comfortable saying I respect the Standing Buffalo.

It will be interesting to see how Rex Ryan and Co. play Tom Brady. Will they dare LeGarrette Blount to beat them? My guess is yes. Marcell Dareus' return from his one-game suspension is no small deal. Literally. #NEvsBUF