Colts Fans are acryin'!!!

ChanOverChin

FYI, I am a lifelong Bills fan (50 years+!!), but I moved to Indy in 1989.

Prior to yesterday's game the Colts were rated #3 overall in the power rankings and considered by the so-called experts to be one of the favorites to win the AFC with 12+ wins. Colts fans and Colts sportswriters bought right into it.

Then Buffalo completely demolished them. I mean it was 24-0 at one point!!! Rex and the Bills ruined Indy's day for sure.

Former Colts HC Rick Venturi was asked what he thought of the game on the radio today. He analyzed every aspect of the game. Basically he said that the Bills rushed at least 5 players on every down and squatted on the short routes. He said that this ploy was so effective against Luck that he expects it to be copied by many of the Colts' opponents. He also said that the Bills have far better players overall than do that Colts and that the Bills' coaching was far better prepared with an excellent game plan.

I think all of that says a lot about what the Bills can accomplish this year.

Colts fans were calling in and man were they crying. One guy called in and named virtually every player...................... and then said "he sucked".

Pagano said, "They threw the kitchen sink at us".

The funny thing is I thought stars like Watkins and McCoy looked rusty and will only get better.

Great to see us laying waste and dispair in our wake. However, we are still deficient at QB until Tyrod does well through at least 8 games, through when the league makes adjustments to him but still is effective, so we need to clean up our act with the penalties. One thing I remember when we played Rex's Jets the last couple years was they were undisciplined and at times overly aggressive to the point of sloppy, so we NEED to fix that before it becomes our MO too. We don't have the tawny and efficiency on offense yet to overcome having big plays wiped out, until Tyrod has proven himself.

I would really like to see an all 22 on Sammy Watkins to see if he was open or not. Just more wondering if they tried to avoid throwing his way because he was matched up against vontae davis, or that he just couldn't beat davis

They gave Davis some safety help and there was at least one go where he was WIDE open for six but Henderson whiffed and the play blew up.

I would be furious if we lost to the Colts at home.

Exactly, this board would be filled with unreadable kvetching just like most teams when they lose.

I was able to listen to the postgame for a few minutes before I had to turn it off due to incompetent hosts, but the callers would be terrible.

I would really like to see an all 22 on Sammy Watkins to see if he was open or not. Just more wondering if they tried to avoid throwing his way because he was matched up against vontae davis, or that he just couldn't beat davis

Taken from Rob Quinn's Twitter:

Sammy Watkins routes vs Colts- 16 go routes, 2 drag routes, 1 hitch, 1 out, 1 curl.

That sounds to me like because Vontae Davis is very good DB AND the only good DB on that team, they used Watkins to neutralize Davis by clearing him out of the play and manufacturing open looks for all the other guys.

Edited by JM57

It is encouraging how good the Bills played with McCoy and Watkins looking a little rusty and Dareus suspended and Graham knocked out early on defense. I did think the Colts are a bit overrated but I do think that they are a legit playoff team with Luck and some decent talent around him. Overall it's hard to see the win as anything but a positive. Let's hope they can beat the Pats* next week and keep the momentum going.

Exactly, this board would be filled with unreadable kvetching just like most teams when they lose.

I was able to listen to the postgame for a few minutes before I had to turn it off due to incompetent hosts, but the callers would be terrible.

Schopp is an incorrigible buffoon on his best day. Such a blowhard.

I would be furious because I think the BILLS are better than the Colts everywhere (with the exception of QB), from the owner down, than the Colts. And our advantage is so great that the result we got yesterday is pretty much what I expected.

Ohh Ok, thanks for the information

Taken from Rob Quinn's Twitter:
Sammy Watkins routes vs Colts- 16 go routes, 2 drag routes, 1 hitch, 1 out, 1 curl.

That sounds to me like because Vontae Davis is very good DB AND the only good DB on that team, they used Watkins to neutralize Davis by clearing him out of the play and manufacturing open looks for all the other guys.

They gave Davis some safety help and there was at least one go where he was WIDE open for six but Henderson whiffed and the play blew up.

Gottcha, thank you sir

Schopp is an incorrigible buffoon on his best day. Such a blowhard.

I would be furious because I think the BILLS are better than the Colts everywhere (with the exception of QB), from the owner down, than the Colts. And our advantage is so great that the result we got yesterday is pretty much what I expected.

I obviously live in Indy and told people that our team, man for man, was better than Indy last year. Told them the same thing this summer. The obvious exception is at the quarterback position, and the difference in talent at that position is significant (though clearly that was not the case yesterday). The Colts also have the benefit of playing in the AFC South, which of course isn't their fault.

I root for the Colts when they aren't playing the Bills. Their fans have always been reasonable and realistic, and every co-worker and neighbor who I've spoken to since 4 p.m. yesterday took their whippin' without crying. And of course, they are all Bills fans this week.

If TT continues to take steps forward each week the Bills are going to shock many teams. There is a real test coming up because the Cheats* do have a way of exposing weaknesses. Top to bottom this may be the best roster Rex has ever had. Other than QB and TE the Bills have better talent than the Cheats*. Problem is those two for the Cheats* are huge advantages.

If TT continues to take steps forward each week the Bills are going to shock many teams. There is a real test coming up because the Cheats* do have a way of exposing weaknesses. Top to bottom this may be the best roster Rex has ever had. Other than QB and TE the Bills have better talent than the Cheats*. Problem is those two for the Cheats* are huge advantages.

The Cheats with their borderline illegal pick plays piss me off. That's their bread and butter and I hope Rex and Thurman can combat that, because the refs are lax on calling offensive PI on them. Probably because they do it literally every play. Like how the Seahawks would grab and hold every play knowing the refs simply wouldn't call it every time.

I obviously live in Indy and told people that our team, man for man, was better than Indy last year. Told them the same thing this summer. The obvious exception is at the quarterback position, and the difference in talent at that position is significant (though clearly that was not the case yesterday). The Colts also have the benefit of playing in the AFC South, which of course isn't their fault.

I root for the Colts when they aren't playing the Bills. Their fans have always been reasonable and realistic, and every co-worker and neighbor who I've spoken to since 4 p.m. yesterday took their whippin' without crying. And of course, they are all Bills fans this week.

That's the standard Midwesterner in my experience. Good, regular people who hate the Cheats for all the right reasons. NE probably stole 2 rings from Manning/Polian.

That crafty bastage Rex Ryan had all pre season to game plan against Andrew Luck, and it showed so brilliantly in the disguised looks the Bills gave the Colts all game. The Rush didn't always get to Luck but the pressure sure did, as a normally very smart QB suddenly didn't look so smart.

Bottom line is one game really doesn't mean that much over an overall 16 game season. Anyone else remember last years game between the Patriots and Chiefs at Arrowhead? The Chiefs sacked Brady 3x, and forced him to throw 2x INT's while causing 3 turnovers. The end result was a final score Chiefs 41 & Pats 14 with the Chiefs rushing for 207 yards, and QB Alex Smith throwing for 248 yards with 3 TD's, no INT's.

That game had Patriots fans everywhere literally crying in their beers, blubbering that the dynasty was over after a 2-2 start! Then the Pats went on a tear losing only 2x out of the next 15 while winning the SB.

Edited by Nihilarian

Henderson wiffed a lot. Look for Mulligan to help him w ninkovich sunday, or TT is gonna be on his back a lot.

Ill bet Whaley wishes he had the Kujo pick back and that he would have found a decent RT. Might just be rust though, I dont remember him sucking that bad last year.