Bruno Mars offered Super Bowl halftime show

I am a huge Springsteen fan so I loved that... but Prince doing Purple Rain in Dolphin Stadium in the middle of a torrential downpour was stunning. It was the kind of performance that even just watching on TV you think "wow that was special".

To each his own I guess. I don't remember the Prince performance being special at all. I went and looked it up online. It made me think that the guy is like a skinny male version of Aunt Jemima jumping around, screeching and squawking on stage. I thought it sucked personally. Like I said, to each his own. Look at that dumbass bandanna thing on his head. Listen to him. He makes the same sounds that a stubborn cow makes when you prod her with a cattle prod but she still doesn't want to move.

To each his own I guess. I don't remember the Prince performance being special at all. I went and looked it up online. It made me think that the guy is like a skinny male version of Aunt Jemima jumping around, screeching and squawking on stage. I thought it sucked personally. Like I said, to each his own. Look at that dumbass bandanna thing on his head. Listen to him. He makes the same sounds that a stubborn cow makes when you prod her with a cattle prod but she still doesn't want to move.

A skinny male version of aunt jemima jumping around screeching and squawking....

I really can't believe football fans give a rat's ass who plays at halftime, unless they are stuck listening to it at the game. And if I was at the game, I would much prefer something like this

Yes very cool. That would be a great idea. Also a performance of the United States Air Force band singing patriotic songs would be stellar. But, I know that is too much to ask for. More than 1/2 of America just isn't that patriotic anymore. Bummer...

Actually, I think Miley Cyrus is more the type to run a train... Wait, what were you talking about?

:lol: .............. :thumbsup:

Foo Fighters or Metallica. Foo fighters are probably more realistic at this stage. Wake up NFL.

Prince killed it that night. Owned the stage. And, I might add, covered a Foo Fighters tune (partially)

I think Dave Grohl and the guys would kill a SB halftime show.

Black Eyed Peas. "Running, and Running, Let's get this party started"

Worst possible scenario. I'd rather listen to Up With People. Actually, just about the same thing. Both bands play the same crappy song at every performance.

I really can't believe football fans give a rat's ass who plays at halftime, unless they are stuck listening to it at the game. And if I was at the game, I would much prefer something like this

Agreed. The SB has become a joke. It used to be about the game and the teams/players that are playing in it.

Now, it's about who's playing the half time show, and the frigging commercials.

Its almost like the game itself is now playing second fiddle to the events surrounding it.

Worst possible scenario. I'd rather listen to Up With People. Actually, just about the same thing. Both bands play the same crappy song at every performance.

That is just so unfair, Dean. As Phyllis George tells you here, UWP is a group that can really mix it up from year to year. Here they are in SB XVI, recapturing the moment that was the 1960s:

My vote:

(You won't be Rick Rolled, it's the Flutie Brothers Band. No flames please...)

The Who was pretty good, too, although they're way, waaay up there in years now. Bring on Weird Al!

Heard his name many a time, but figured parody was a long shot but thinking this morning.... Does he do well overseas? Seems his entertainment value could be lost quickly in 58 different languages

That is just so unfair, Dean. As Phyllis George tells you here, UWP is a group that can really mix it up from year to year. Here they are in SB XVI, recapturing the moment that was the 1960s:

:lol:

I stand corrected. But they did manage to slip in Up With People at the end.