Edit: now confirmed rumor that Bills will release Cassel

eball

Huh? its not an argument, it's two questions. Based on the poster who I replied to responses it seems he is.

I'm not getting too deep into the debate, most seem to think TT is leaps and bounds ahead of EJ, I do not. I think EJ's better. I'm most definitely excited to see our Offense perform against the two AFC CC teams these first two weeks. We are going to need to see them score early and often to win.

Edited by mastershake

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's fine but Rex Ryan and the Buffalo Bills think Taylor is better for the team. Taylor is going to play. Wouldn't you hope he plays well? What good would Taylor playing like crap do? So EJ could play? If Taylor plays bad that could mean losses for the team and could mean a ruined season.

There is no point for fans here to trash EJ any longer. If they do, it's probably because they feel vindicated that their guy won the job and it's safe for them to resume the bashing. If they feel safe bashing Manuel (who I feel is the best QB on the team), then they should expect the heat to be turned way up on Taylor. I was fine with Taylor being the starter, but I'm getting kind of ticked off right about now after reading a few posts that got under my skin. I don't see why they want to stir it up right now when everyone was ok and willing to give Taylor a few games. I want Taylor to perform well, but he's losing his cache with EJ supporters like me because the haters can't seem to help themselves.

There is no point for fans here to trash EJ any longer. If they do, it's probably because they feel vindicated that their guy won the job and it's safe for them to resume the bashing. If they feel safe bashing Manuel (who I feel is the best QB on the team), then they should expect the heat to be turned way up on Taylor. I was fine with Taylor being the starter, but I'm getting kind of ticked off right about now after reading a few posts that got under my skin. I don't see why they want to stir it up right now when everyone was ok and willing to give Taylor a few games. I want Taylor to perform well, but he's losing his cache with EJ supporters like me because the haters can't seem to help themselves.

Us EJ guys gotta get on board the TT train cuz he's the guy. Rex and Whaley ain't gonna pull him for EJ barring utter collapse. Those pro football guys would rather hang themselves in their bedroom closet wearing women's lingerie than admit they are wrong. It's TT or bust baby!

Us EJ guys gotta get on board the TT train cuz he's the guy. Rex and Whaley ain't gonna pull him for EJ barring utter collapse. Those pro football guys would rather hang themselves in their bedroom closet wearing women's lingerie than admit they are wrong. It's TT or bust baby!

Trent Edwards running out of bounds on 4th down says, "Hi."

I can't believe there are posters on here who have the gall to think that they saw enough and know more than the Bills brass in terms of who should have been named the starter. I pay pretty close attention to this stuff guys. Everyone on planet Earth had EJ behind Cassel and Taylor in camp. Everyone. In the preseason, I think Taylor showed the most. I think EJ played great but I think Taylor was even better. Most everyone agrees with this as well. There has been a HUGE buzz throughout the NFL surrounding Taylor all summer. It was a relatively easy decision for the coaches. I'm not sure what some of you are missing here.

I can't believe there are posters on here who have the gall to think that they saw enough and know more than the Bills brass in terms of who should have been named the starter. I pay pretty close attention to this stuff guys. Everyone on planet Earth had EJ behind Cassel and Taylor in camp. Everyone. In the preseason, I think Taylor showed the most. I think EJ played great but I think Taylor was even better. Most everyone agrees with this as well. There has been a HUGE buzz throughout the NFL surrounding Taylor all summer. It was a relatively easy decision for the coaches. I'm not sure what some of you are missing here.

Some of us like to go against the grain, that's all. Coaches aren't infailable. There was a lot of buzz around the NFL about Bob Griffen a few years back as well. Not knocking TT, I see a lot of QB qualities in EJ. Ill be all in on TT once we win with him.

I'm a Bills guy, however from WHAT I'VE SEEN, EJ played the best of the 3 QBs. I didn't go to camp and I wasn't in the QB room with the QBs and coaches.

However, Tyrod is the starter. Cool.

Go Tyrod !!

Go BILLS !!

I can't believe there are posters on here who have the gall to think that they saw enough and know more than the Bills brass in terms of who should have been named the starter.

I pay pretty close attention to this stuff guys.

I do trust Rex and this staff...At the same time I took some heat a couple years back when I came out against Marrone early...So...We'll see...

You're on a Buffalo Bills Message board...Most people here pay pretty close attention to this stuff... B-)

Some of us like to go against the grain, that's all. Coaches aren't infailable. There was a lot of buzz around the NFL about Bob Griffen a few years back as well. Not knocking TT, I see a lot of QB qualities in EJ. Ill be all in on TT once we win with him.

That's fair, you seem like a reasonable poster to be honest. I just think it's a little ridiculous if you guys are nitpicking at Taylor all year and acting like a mistake by Taylor is a victory for the EJ supporters when that is the guy who EJ could not beat out in the first place. If Brian Hoyer falters that doesn't mean that Ryan Mallet is good or would be any better.

I'm an EJ guy. I'm also a Tyrod guy. They both play for the Bills, showed well, and still have upside.

Agree, I'm a Bills guy. I don't care if they start the first female QB in the history of the game back there, just win!

I do trust Rex and this staff...At the same time I took some heat a couple years back when I came out against Marrone early...So...We'll see...

You're on a Buffalo Bills Message board...Most people here pay pretty close attention to this stuff... B-)

I don't know man. Regarding camp, after it became clear that Manuel was a distant third, you still heard a lot of "I can't keep track, one day Cassel was the best, then one day Taylor was the best, then one day Manuel was the best..." on here.

That's fair, you seem like a reasonable poster to be honest. I just think it's a little ridiculous if you guys are nitpicking at Taylor all year and acting like a mistake by Taylor is a victory for the EJ supporters when that is the guy who EJ could not beat out in the first place. If Brian Hoyer falters that doesn't mean that Ryan Mallet is good or would be any better.

I probably will nitpick TT, but it goes with the territory. I'd nitpick EJ too if he was to screw it up. Taylor brings high energy to the offense, looking forward to seeing production from our Big O!

That's fair, you seem like a reasonable poster to be honest. I just think it's a little ridiculous if you guys are nitpicking at Taylor all year and acting like a mistake by Taylor is a victory for the EJ supporters when that is the guy who EJ could not beat out in the first place.

You're the only one I've read that is even talking about this.

If you don't want Taylor nitpicked then I suggest you and others stop the Manuel bashing.

BTW, there is nothing fair or reasonable about you framing EJ's preseason as having "had a very nice two quarters of a preseason game".

This place is well-known for it's season-long heated QB debates, I'm surprised you guys want to take it there so soon.

That's because that was the narrative of the practice threads! :wallbash:

You clearly haven't kept up as much as others on here.

Also, Trapasso said EJ wasn't clearly third. He also said he wasn't thir only one who thought so. Stop saying EVERYONE said EJ was a distant 3, it's a lie.

Yes, you are correct. That was the narrative of the practice threads. It was an incorrect one. Chris Trapasso said he didn't have EJ third. Did he give an order? So one guy. Did he attend every practice? I would say everyone who was there for the entirety of camp had EJ a distant third. Sal, Joe B, the Rochester guy, the Syracuse guy, John Murphy, Mark Kelso, etc.

You're the only one I've read that is even talking about this.

Hang it up. He's a very divisive poster. "Us" Vs. "Them" type of crap, post after post after post. Nobody has a legitimate right to have an opinion that differs from his. Have pity on him, he's boorish and can't help himself.