Edit: now confirmed rumor that Bills will release Cassel

eball

I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't want them to just keep all three- at least from a football perspective (I understand there is the cap argument). I mean, everyone knew what Cassel was, he was better than Manuel throughout the entirety of camp, Manuel shined in the last preseason game but it's not like Cassel completely sucked. He still only threw two incomplete passes, one of which was a blatant drop. I just don't understand how anyone could hate Cassel now more than before he got to town. It seems to me like the EJ folks lost out on the starting QB sweepstakes, so instead to feel better about themselves, are piling on Cassel and their new victory would be if the Bills cut him. I hope they keep all three.

Actually EJ looked good in every preseason game. He has VASTLY improved under proper coaching and with hard work. Cassel is a "you get what you see" type of QB. No excitement at all, can't move in the pocket to escape pressure, constant check down passes, just very boring to watch. I'd rather have a big play type QB than someone who will constantly have us in 3rd down situations. I could have his completion percentages with the distance he had to throw the ball. I wanted EJ to start, but am happy and will support TT. But I don't think Cassel is worth the roster spot or the salary he's going to get to be a 3rd option, nor do I think he beat out EJ for the 2. You talk about a blatant drop of a pass for Cassel but how many drops did EJ suffer from and he still put up great numbers.

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2015 Preseason...

Manuel = 4 TD passes

Taylor = 0 TD passes

Go ahead, keep prodding the EJ supporters. Taylor had better look pretty awesome against the Colts because the fans who supported EJ are done with this kind of stuff and we'll no doubt "let er rip" if he isn't.

I made a post about apples and you replied with a post about orangutans. But I'll take your bait. Are you going to argue with the coaches and say they got it wrong and that the entirety of Manuel's offseason (camp + preseason) was actually better than Tyrod Taylor's? And I'll tell you another thing: I don't care how many preseason TD passes Manuel had (go look up Dan Orlovsky's preseason numbers- QB's were putting up inflated numbers all over the league), Tyrod Taylor looked better than EJ Manuel in preseason action. Period. Manuel looked very good. Taylor looked even better. And that's not to mention that everyone on planet Earth familiar with the situation will tell you that Taylor was well ahead of Manuel throughout camp. So go ahead, accuse me of being a "hater" and then root against Taylor or Cassel or whoever, so that your golden boy will finally get a fair shot, but keep ignoring the fact that he's already had two seasons opening as the starter to prove himself.

And yeah, Manuel stunk up the joint in his 13th and 14th NFL starts, but Tyrod Taylor better damn well light the place up in his first career NFL start or else you're calling for blood. Good to see you're giving him a nice leash there. I think it's high time you change your name to 1EJfan because that's clearly where your priorities are these days.

Im sure that having really great revievers including of of the all time great Bills in Moulds had something to do with that. All EJ had his first year was Stevie Chandler and a really raw Robert Woods.

Wow. One of the biggest stretches of a post I've ever seen on this website. I almost think you might be joking. Yeah that 2006 Bills team was sure loaded. For one, Eric Moulds was no longer on the Bills in 2006. Losman had a very talented Lee Evans (seriously he was great that year) and Peerless Price 2.0 as his big weapons that year. I wanna say the tight end was that Campbell guy and Josh Reed was the #3 wideout. Anthony Thomas- the "A Train" if you recall, shouldered the load at RB. Yeah Losman sure had it good back in '06.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

I made a post about apples and you replied with a post about orangutans. But I'll take your bait. Are you going to argue with the coaches and say they got it wrong and that the entirety of Manuel's offseason (camp + preseason) was actually better than Tyrod Taylor's? And I'll tell you another thing: I don't care how many preseason TD passes Manuel had (go look up Dan Orlovsky's preseason numbers- QB's were putting up inflated numbers all over the league), Tyrod Taylor looked better than EJ Manuel in preseason action. Period. Manuel looked very good. Taylor looked even better. And that's not to mention that everyone on planet Earth familiar with the situation will tell you that Taylor was well ahead of Manuel throughout camp. So go ahead, accuse me of being a "hater" and then root against Taylor or Cassel or whoever, so that your golden boy will finally get a fair shot, but keep ignoring the fact that he's already had two seasons opening as the starter to prove himself.

And yeah, Manuel stunk up the joint in his 13th and 14th NFL starts, but Tyrod Taylor better damn well light the place up in his first career NFL start or else you're calling for blood. Good to see you're giving him a nice leash there.

Wow. One of the biggest stretches of a post I've ever seen on this website. I almost think you might be joking. Yeah that 2006 Bills team was sure loaded. For one, Eric Moulds was no longer on the Bills in 2006. Losman had a very talented Lee Evans (seriously he wass great that year) and Peerless Price 2.0 as his big weapons that year. I wanna say the tight end was that Campbell guy and Josh Reed was the #3 wideout. Anthony Thomas- the "A Train" if you recall, shouldered the load at RB. Yeah Losman sure had it good back in '06.

Still knocking EJ? Tyrod gets same leash EJ got. I think more people than you think are taking that approach.

Tyrod won the job in practice, remember? And his far superior perfomance in preseason games, So he gets about 3 quarters from me to prove franchise. After all, EJ did miss that one pass in the Pitt game.

Edited by mastershake

Still knocking EJ? Tyrod gets same leash EJ got. I think more people than you think are taking that approach.

Tyrod won the job in practice, remember? And his far superior perfomance in preseason games, So he gets about 3 quarters from me to prove franchise. After all, EJ did miss that one pass in the Pitt game.

Yep. Although I'd give Taylor 2 bad games/losses in a row, no matter why he had the bad games and they lost.

Not knocking EJ one bit. He had a great preseason. I've never said anything to the contrary.

What are you saying? Are you being sarcastic? Do you think EJ Manuel should've won the job? If that's what you're saying, fine, just be clear about it. I don't know what you're saying after that about the three quarters thing.

Not knocking EJ one bit. He had a great preseason. I've never said anything to the contrary.

What are you saying? Are you being sarcastic? Do you think EJ Manuel should've won the job? If that's what you're saying, fine, just be clear about it. I don't know what you're saying after that about the three quarters thing.

I'm being sarcastic. I feel EJ won, but I stopped argueing the point. I'm not giving Tyrod, and Rex for that matter much rope on the TT start because I think they made the wrong choice. I flipped out when they Named TT starter on here, but I ain't going down that road again cuz I pissed off like 20 people.

So I've accepted TT as starter and just want to see us win. If TT does that he's my boy, if not, off with their heads!

But I'm just bustin chops, I respect your posting

Edited by mastershake

I was willing to give Taylor 4 games but the local media and the haters like you are changing my mind. Keep the EJ hate going though, it just puts even more pressure on Rex and Taylor, especially now that the Bills have a kicker with the serious yips. More pressure is good for them, right?
Rex has a kicker who can't make field goals and a QB who can't throw a TD pass, nice!

I was willing to give Taylor 4 games but the local media and the haters like you are changing my mind. Keep the EJ hate going though, it just puts even more pressure on Rex and Taylor, especially now that the Bills have a kicker with the serious yips. More pressure is good for them, right?
Rex has a kicker who can't make field goals and a QB who can't throw a TD pass, nice!

Yes, because the pressure you put on the organization is tremendous... Seriously, even Eric Wood said that while EJ did enough to win the job, Tyrod did as well and more consistently.

So you cheer for the player not the team? Why would anyone want a player of their favorite team to fail?

i think one of the final guys they are hanging on to is Cassel. they probably want to see if anyone is interested in giving anything up in a trade for him. otherwise they will probably hang on to him right until the deadline and cut him loose

Yes, because the pressure you put on the organization is tremendous... Seriously, even Eric Wood said that while EJ did enough to win the job, Tyrod did as well and more consistently.

Wood shouldn't talk, he's sucked for couple of years now.

Edited by 1billsfan

It was obvious to me that Tyrod performed better.

I haven't seen any good argument against that notion. Most are just saying "he threw more TDs"

Consistency, footwork have been all Tyrod and his read-option running ability is in a league of it's own.

I think that Manuel is better than Taylor which would make the Bills a better team if they started him.

That's fine but Rex Ryan and the Buffalo Bills think Taylor is better for the team. Taylor is going to play. Wouldn't you hope he plays well? What good would Taylor playing like crap do? So EJ could play? If Taylor plays bad that could mean losses for the team and could mean a ruined season. Edited by Wayne Cubed

I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't want them to just keep all three- at least from a football perspective (I understand there is the cap argument). I mean, everyone knew what Cassel was, he was better than Manuel throughout the entirety of camp, Manuel shined in the last preseason game but it's not like Cassel completely sucked. He still only threw two incomplete passes, one of which was a blatant drop. I just don't understand how anyone could hate Cassel now more than before he got to town. It seems to me like the EJ folks lost out on the starting QB sweepstakes, so instead to feel better about themselves, are piling on Cassel and their new victory would be if the Bills cut him. I hope they keep all three.

4 million reasons not to keep him as a third string QB

Wood said the same of Cassel. It's a pretty varnished opinion.

Interesting question. It will depend upon how much Roman wants him, I guess.

How confident are we that Simms clears waivers and is there to be signed to our scout team?

Depends on how many replays that horrid backward toss gets on sport center.

What a wreck. He's better than Teul anyway.