[closed]The Curse Will Continue

CSBill

Well Bills fans, just when we thought the Flutie curse (the latest manifestation of whatever the original curse was), was about to expire. Just when we thought there was hope, real hope, the same management that brought in a police line-up of questionable characters, unwittingly, but very effectively, just guaranteed another ten years or so of play-off exile by unceremoniously cutting the heart and soul of their team

The cycle will now continue, in a few years, the Rex show will get old, he and Doug will be fired, the Pegula's will decide its time to move on to someone else, etc, etc., etc.

And we true Bills fans will know why, because a historically mislead organization, has again handled one of their best. Think about it, on the day when we should have been celebrating and getting giddy about the potential of the Tyrod Taylor era, the organization drops this bomb on the Tyrod party, and instead, they create this state of sadness over western NY.

Yup, the curse goes on.

Someday, Fred Jackson will be honored with his day and his induction into the Bills Ring of Honor. On that day, we the fans will have the opportunity to properly say good-bye to one of the all-time Bills greats. It will be a special day, and hopefully, maybe, on that day the latest installment of the Bills curse will be appeased by the football gods. We hope. But until that day, forget the play-offs my friends.

In the meantime, I really do sincerely hope that Fred is able to play for a play-off team this year—even the hated Patriots. He deserves that opportunity to close out his remarkable career.

I will always be a Bills fan—I guess its born into us—but I will now have a second team to rout for, wherever Fred lands. And deep down inside of me, I will be hoping he gets to come back to the Ralph and singe-handily wills his new team to victory.

Yes, no doubt about it, we are cursed, only a dysfunctional fan of a dysfunctional team can say this: Go Bills! Inspite of yourselves.

Edited by CSBill

Though it is sad to see Fred released, it is common around the league to release longtime, beloved players eventually. Just in the last few months we saw Pats release Wilfork, Colts release Reggie Wayne, Houston release Andre Johnson.

The Steelers cut James Harrison (then brought him back). They would have but Troy Polamalu if he didn't finally retire. It doesn't have to lead to a "curse." It's the NFL and coaches come and go and players come and go. Hopefully when Fred is ready to retire, he signs a one day contract with the Bills and his name goes up on the wall. Until then, considering we never made the playoffs with Fred, I choose to look at it as a positive change with all the new talent. Thank you, Fred!

Edited by YoloinOhio

Well Bills fans, just when we thought the Flutie curse (the latest manifestation of whatever the original curse was), was about to expire. Just when we thought there was hope, real hope, the same management that brought in a police line-up of questionable characters, unwittingly, but very effectively, just guaranteed another ten years or so of play-off exile by unceremoniously cutting the heart and soul of their team

The cycle will now continue, in a few years, the Rex show will get old, he and Doug will be fired, the Pegula's will decide its time to move on to someone else, etc, etc., etc.

And we true Bills fans will know why, because a historically mislead organization, has again handled one of their best. Think about it, on the day when we should have been celebrating and getting giddy about the potential of the Tyrod Taylor era, the organization drops this bomb on the Tyrod party, and instead, they create this state of sadness over western NY.

Yup, the curse goes on.

Someday, Fred Jackson will be honored with his day and his induction into the Bills Ring of Honor. On that day, we the fans will have the opportunity to properly say good-bye to one of the all-time Bills greats. It will be a special day, and hopefully, maybe, on that day the latest installment of the Bills curse will be appeased by the football gods. We hope. But until that day, forget the play-offs my friends.

In the meantime, I really do sincerely hope that Fred is able to play for a play-off team this yeareven the hated Patriots. He deserves that opportunity to close out his remarkable career.

I will always be a Bills fanI guess its born into usbut I will now have a second team to rout for, wherever Fred lands. And deep down inside of me, I will be hoping he gets to come back to the Ralph and singe-handily wills his new team to victory.

Yes, no doubt about it, we are cursed, only a dysfunctional fan of a dysfunctional team can say this: Go Bills! Inspite of yourselves.

Geesh, talk about doom, and gloom. Thought I were the purveyor of Doom. Thankfully, mine is only tied to the QB situation.

The absolute obsession with 34 year old running back coming off a season in which he averaged 3.7 yards per carry and a career in which he's had only one 1,000 yard season is quite amazing to me. He led our team to exactly zero playoff appearances in his tenure. Sure, he is popular on the team and in the community, but the fact is we have more effective players on the roster now, plain and simple. The man stuck with the Bills, ok, but let's not forget the Bills paid him millions upon millions of dollars to do so.

Though it is sad to see Fred released, it is common around the league to release longtime, beloved players eventually. Just in the last few months we saw Pats release Wilfork, Colts release Reggie Wayne, Houston release Andre Johnson.

The Steelers cut James Harrison (then brought him back). They would have but Troy Polamalu if he didn't finally retire. It doesn't have to lead to a "curse." It's the NFL and coaches come and go and players come and go. Hopefully when Fred is ready to retire, he signs a one day contract with the Bills and his name goes up on the wall. Until then, considering we never made the playoffs with Fred, I choose to look at it as a positive change with all the new talent. Thank you, Fred!

This is the correct response to all of the woe is us, doomed, and heartbroken feelings about Fred. This is the NFL, and this is how it works.

I loved FJ as a Bill as much as anyone. I remember watching his runs while he backed up Marshawn and saying he was amazing, when most fans around me were indifferent or didn't know who he was or his D3, NFL Europe story.

It's hard to believe people who say they would root against the Bills if FJ was on another team and he played us. Also wishing that we continue to miss the playoffs as some sort of punishment? I remember when people used to tell me that there are Bills fans who actually enjoy losing so they can continue to wallow in their misery and talk about how bad they have it and complain,complain, complain. They do, in fact, exist.

Even though I am sad to see Fred go, this day was going to happen sooner or later. Jackson captivated a city when there was no reason to cheer and despite not making the playoffs in his career with Buffalo, he gave me a reason to tune in every Sumday. If anything the curse is about to end this season in my opinion and in order for that to happen decisions like this need to be made whether we agree with them or not.

[This is an automated response]<br /><br />This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread. <br /><br />Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics. <br /><br />Thank you.