Losman bashers are literally clueless

Albany,n.y.

Or maybe he's actually taking care of the ball by having it up where it's supposed to be instead of having it dangling down behind his hip for the second play in a row. Then at worst he takes the sack, the Stillers have 7 less points and he gets up again to run another play.

And your repeated assertation that the Bills lost a game to a 15win team because they missed a FG with an entire quarter left to play is ridiculous at best.

Cya

238301[/snapback]

But, to blame it on a QB that led his team down the field to set up a FG which potentially could have been a TD if Josh Reed wouldn't have thrown an illegal pick is fair?

I don't understand how you can't see how the momentum shifted after that FG. The D allowed the 3rd stringers to walk all over them after that point, but yet not one mention of how porous they were.

Instead, it's Drew couldn't get it done against the 3rd stringers.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The "queen of the dink pass" led all NFL QB's in % of passes thrown over 15yrds. You might want to reconsider a new nickname for him seeing as how he throws downfield more than any other player in the league.

Cya

238315[/snapback]

He may not throw downfield more than any QB in the league - but he does complete more of them...

Here is my observation on how Bills fans on this board have reacted to the QBs since Kelly retired.

Flutie, everybody loved him when he got the starting job but when he started to look bad, it was let's get Rob Johnson he will win for us.

Johnson, gets to the the starter when Flutie goes to the Chargers and guess what, everybody wanted him gone, some even called for Van Pelt to start.

Bledsoe, when the Bills traded for him, everybody was so happy, Bledsoe will get the job done, now three years later he is ready to be run out of town.

Loseman, everybody wants him to start, the new savior for the Bills, he will lead this team to glory, or so goes the wisdom on this board.

Anybody see a pattern here?

238187[/snapback]

First of all you omitted Clodd Tollins, who had everyone's support until he proved to be a dunderhead and even Marv Levy pulled him from a game (which, except in cases of injury, he had never done before in his coaching career.)

Then you forgot Billy Jo Hobert, who went in for Clodd Tollins (see above) and stunk up the place. After the game he admitted that he had never even studied the playbook.

Flutie: IMHO, we should have kept him. He was fun to watch and was the only QB since Kelly who had both a competitive spirit and a winning record as starter. So, you are wrong in saying "it was let's get Rob Johnson he will win for us."

Rob Johnson: yes, I was among those who wanted him gone. Even though on paper he has the best stats of any Buffalo Bills QB in history, he was always a sack and an injury waiting to happen. In short, he stunk - but he made a lot of money and has a Super Bowl he didn't earn. He was probably the worst ever QB fit for a Buffalo Bills team.

About Bledsoe, you say, "Bledsoe, when the Bills traded for him, everybody was so happy, Bledsoe will get the job done, now three years later he is ready to be run out of town." BZZZT! Wrong!!! I never wanted him here EVER and will be glad to see him gone.

Losman: Until he plays, no one knows how he'll do. I don't see him as a "savior". Only time will tell if he has any promise.

In short, your observations are as lousy as our QBs since Kelly have been.

...  He looked left initally and by the time he looked back the blitzers were on him. He obviously did know where his "outlets" were b/c he was reading the left side while his right was getting blitzed. Unfortunately your hot route doesn't make a damn bit of difference if the blitzer is in your face in a millasecond.

238273[/snapback]

I believe it is physically impossible for a righthanded QB to miss two rushers coming from the right hand side upon taking the snap. You are correct that DB looked left, but in his drop back he also should have seen that the rush was coming from the right, and the left side "rushers" dropped back in coverage. He also knew that the rush was on him, which is why he started to move into the pocket, but still holding the ball like he was carrying a jar of puke.

If we go back to the point of assigning blame for that game, there's no doubt that many players made their share of mistakes. But you also have to factor the magnitude of the mistakes and the circumstance of the error. Bledsoe's gaffe on that particular play is galling because it was a reinforcement of the key criticism of him making boneheaded moves in crucial situations.

First of all you omitted Clodd Tollins, who had everyone's support until he proved to be a dunderhead and even Marv Levy pulled him from a game (which, except in cases of injury, he had never done before in his coaching career.)

238458[/snapback]

Maybe not really in his Bills coaching career where he had Kelly the whole time, but he did repeatedly pull QBs in other stints during his coaching career most notably in KC with Steve Fuller & Bill Kenney (thank you, Labbatt).

Edited by JohnnyB

Maybe not really in his Bills coaching career where he had Kelly the whole time, but he did repeatedly pull QBs in other stints during his coaching career most notably in KC with Fueller/Killner (sp).

238484[/snapback]

I distinctly remember after the Collins/Hobert incident that Levy said he had never pulled a QB during a game (except for injuries) - even when he coached prep school and college.

Maybe he considered some of the yanks of QBs in KC as "suspected head injuries" when they did something stupid. ;)

Or maybe he's actually taking care of the ball by having it up where it's supposed to be instead of having it dangling down behind his hip for the second play in a row. Then at worst he takes the sack, the Stillers have 7 less points and he gets up again to run another play.

And your repeated assertation that the Bills lost a game to a 15win team because they missed a FG with an entire quarter left to play is ridiculous at best.

Cya

238301[/snapback]

Simon is right here.....

He could have checked the receiver...saw he was not open....and instictively protected the ball......

Then you forgot Billy Jo Hobert, who went in for Clodd Tollins (see above) and stunk up the place.  After the game he admitted that he had never even studied the playbook.

Flutie: IMHO, we should have kept him. He was fun to watch and was the only QB since Kelly who had both a competitive spirit and a winning record as starter. So, you are wrong in saying "it was let's get Rob Johnson he will win for us."

Rob Johnson: yes, I was among those who wanted him gone. Even though on paper he has the best stats of any Buffalo Bills QB in history, he was always a sack and an injury waiting to happen. In short, he stunk - but he made a lot of money and has a Super Bowl he didn't earn. He was probably the worst ever QB fit for a Buffalo Bills team.

About Bledsoe, you say, "Bledsoe, when the Bills traded for him, everybody was so happy, Bledsoe will get the job done, now three years later he is ready to be run out of town." BZZZT! Wrong!!! I never wanted him here EVER and will be glad to see him gone.

Losman: Until he plays, no one knows how he'll do. I don't see him as a "savior". Only time will tell if he has any promise.

238458[/snapback]

What is amazing is how many high draft picks we've used trying to replace Jim Kelly.

Todd Collins was a 2nd rounder, I think, and we traded a 4th (?) for Billie Jo Hobert.

We traded a first and a fourth for Rob Johnson.

We traded a first for Drew Bledsoe.

We traded a first and some later picks so that we could draft Losman in the first round last April.

What is amazing is how many high draft picks we've used trying to replace Jim Kelly.

Todd Collins was a 2nd rounder, I think, and we traded a 4th (?) for Billie Jo Hobert.

We traded a first and a fourth for Rob Johnson.

We traded a first for Drew Bledsoe.

We traded a first and some later picks so that we could draft Losman in the first round last April.

238580[/snapback]

That is interesting. I think it also speaks volumes of a GMs fear of picking a 1st rd QB bust. We use all these picks but actually only draft one QB of our own in Rd 1.

In all fairness, I think TD may have pulled the trigger on Harrington had the Lions not.

clueless

adj : totally uninformed about what is going on; not having even a clue from which to infer what is occurring

Unless you have seen JP Losman every day, like the Bills coaches & fellow players have, then you really do not have a clue as to his abilities.  Watching him in a few mop up appearances and drawing any conclusion is again, clueless.  I must also admit that anyone who supports JP, like I do, is also clueless.

However, there are people who are not clueless to the situation. Those people are Sam Wyche, Tom Clements, Mike Mularkey, Tom Donahoe and offensive players like Eric Moulds.  Moulds has gone on record with some very positive statements about what he has seen of Losman.  If the coaches & GM believe that JP can start next year without the team going backwards, their opinion is a lot more informed than you, me or John Clayton-who has probably seen less of him than anyone here. 

The informed have basically lived with both JP & Drew for the past year or so.  Let's trust their opinions over the clueless bunch (basically all of us) that has formed an opinion, one way or another, with very little information.

237133[/snapback]

I agree 100 percent. I would like to see Losman play though at this point because Drew has taken us as far as he is going to get us. He was a good stop gap, but the future of this team is now and we need to see what we have.

Griese is a FA, and they are trying real hard to resign him.  They do not want to give the ball to Simms yet, if ever.

238300[/snapback]

Nice try - but he's not a free agent yet.

Whether he becomes one will depend a great deal on how they view Simms.

GRIESE WON'T BE EASY

In Tampa, there's no doubt the Buccaneers want to keep quarterback Brian Griese on board, but with the club an astounding $15 million over the salary cap, it might prove impossible. The Bucs will certainly need Griese's blessing to restructure his deal since the former Michigan signal-caller has a cap value of more than $8 million this coming season and a roster bonus of $6 million due March 1.

Nice try - but he's not a free agent yet.

Whether he becomes one will depend a great deal on how they view Simms.

GRIESE WON'T BE EASY

In Tampa, there's no doubt the Buccaneers want to keep quarterback Brian Griese on board, but with the club an astounding $15 million over the salary cap, it might prove impossible. The Bucs will certainly need Griese's blessing to restructure his deal since the former Michigan signal-caller has a cap value of more than $8 million this coming season and a roster bonus of $6 million due March 1.

238649[/snapback]

For all intent he is a FA. Noway they keep him under that contract for this year. They either resign him to a cap friendly deal or Griese has to go. They do want him to stay though, and really want him a lot more than Simms.

Then you forgot Billy Jo Hobert, who went in for Clodd Tollins (see above) and stunk up the place.  After the game he admitted that he had never even studied the playbook.

238458[/snapback]

Moose, I seem to remember a big debate on this very board about starting Johnson over Flutie, people were quite worked up on that subject.

As for Bledsoe, gee I always remember this big rally in Buffalo when he showed up after the trade, people seemed pretty happy then. If you did not like him, at that point you were in the minority.

Now for Loseman the next hailed savior of the Bills, all I am saying is let's see what he can do before you guys start buying Super Bowl tickets. That is the big problem with people on this board, you all get so hyped up and when it fails to live up to the hype, you want to fire or cut everybody on the team.

Now tell me about how lousy my observations are or have I been reading a different board all this time?

That is the big problem with people on this board, you all get so hyped up and when it fails to live up to the hype, you want to fire or cut everybody on the team.

Yeah, instead we should just jump on some other team's bandwagon when things get tough. :devil: