Bradham, Bills yet to engage in contract talks

YoloinOhio

Dareus and Gilmore. Glenn and Bradham will be gone. Dareus gets a truck load of money. Gilmore gets McKelvin's money. McKelvin, Glenn, and Bradham are cap casualties. This is not terrible if Koundjio can play RT and Henderson can move to LT next year. Then draft LB, CB, and Center next year.

Dareus and Gilmore. Glenn and Bradham will be gone. Dareus gets a truck load of money. Gilmore gets McKelvin's money. McKelvin, Glenn, and Bradham are cap casualties. This is not terrible if Koundjio can play RT and Henderson can move to LT next year. Then draft LB, CB, and Center next year.

I hope you are wrong. Not about Dareus and Gilmore, but about the rest. I'd like to think we can keep Bradham at least---or one of the other three.

Bradham needs to stay. Above Glenn i dont even so much care for Gilmore whether he stays or goes. Its is about the cost. Gilmore is not a top CB and im not interested in paying him like he is... he cant takle correctly and he still uses his hands too much. Not to mention face guarding too often for a 4th year guy.

@SalSports: Bradham, Bills yet to engage in contact talks:

http://t.co/vpVWKw94fi

Bradham:

"No talks yet. But you never know. Well see. Hopefully everything works out for me," he said. "Obviously I want to be here, because this is the place for me. This is home."

Bradham and Brown are really the only two 4-3, sideline to sideline LB's of note on the team now that Powell is hurt.

The only position where they are paper thin. If there is a reserve position the Bills seek to fill with another teams cut I think that would be it.

Bradham and Brown are really the only two 4-3, sideline to sideline LB's of note on the team now that Powell is hurt.

The only position where they are paper thin. If there is a reserve position the Bills seek to fill with another teams cut I think that would be it.

Agreed. I think he's really going to thrive in this defense.

Las to me, McKelvin is safe on the strength of how poor Darby is performing right now.

Leodis is safe for this year. But isn't it a bit too early to write Darby off (if that is indeed what you are doing)?

Leodis is safe for this year. But isn't it a bit too early to write Darby off (if that is indeed what you are doing)?

No i said right now. I honestly think he looks like he is learning too much from Gilmore who is 3 inches taller ans about 20 pounds heavier. If you watch the games its hard to tell who is who based on technique. Atleast for me it is

The way it was reported earlier it looked like we weren't gonna see too much of a drop off from McK to Darby this year. That's looking to not be case at this point.

No i said right now. I honestly think he looks like he is learning too much from Gilmore who is 3 inches taller ans about 20 pounds heavier. If you watch the games its hard to tell who is who based on technique. Atleast for me it is

The way it was reported earlier it looked like we weren't gonna see too much of a drop off from McK to Darby this year. That's looking to not be case at this point.

I think anyone who actually thought a rookie CB, especially one of his stature, wouldn't experience some problems this year didn't know what the hell they were talking about. That's par for the course in the evaluation of DB play from the press and general football public, IMO. Leodis is far better than many here give him credit for. And, if you've been paying attention, Rex admitted he purposefully put the CBs into difficult situations to help develop better communication. That suggests Darby won't be in those situations much this year. I'm not saying I'm particularly encouraged by Darby's performance, but I know better than to write him off, at this stage.

Bradham needs to stay. Above Glenn i dont even so much care for Gilmore whether he stays or goes. Its is about the cost. Gilmore is not a top CB and im not interested in paying him like he is... he cant takle correctly and he still uses his hands too much. Not to mention face guarding too often for a 4th year guy.

I agree. Gilmore does not deserve top CB money. We may be forced to pay him though if we can't find a replacement for him.

I think anyone who actually thought a rookie CB, especially one of his stature, wouldn't experience some problems this year didn't know what the hell they were talking about. That's par for the course in the evaluation of DB play from the press and general football public, IMO. Leodis is far better than many here give him credit for. And, if you've been paying attention, Rex admitted he purposefully put the CBs into difficult situations to help develop better communication. That suggests Darby won't be in those situations much this year. I'm not saying I'm particularly encouraged by Darby's performance, but I know better than to write him off, at this stage.

It looks to me that Darby simply can't cover taller WR's (Bryant, Benjamin). He looks great when the guys are within his height. I think Ryan let the taller guys fall to Darby to see if he could handle them yet. In the regular season I expect to see him on the smaller/average size WR's.

You do realize you can say a player isn't gonna be that good right now, and also not "write them off" right?

I admit, I didn't watch Darby in practice so I was receiving all second hand info. And I do realize that CB is hard transition and yada yada. And while I realize that Rex wasn't doing much to help Darby on the field, I also noticed that the Pitt QB's kept going at him. I would be shocked if Luck didn't do the same. Hopefully he plays better or gets some help.

And I love Leo, I never thought Darby was taking his spot or anything crazy.

Edited by FireChan

I agree. Gilmore does not deserve top CB money. We may be forced to pay him though if we can't find a replacement for him.

It looks to me that Darby simply can't cover taller WR's (Bryant, Benjamin). He looks great when the guys are within his height. I think Ryan let the taller guys fall to Darby to see if he could handle them yet. In the regular season I expect to see him on the smaller/average size WR's.

Even with experience that will, most likely, always be a problem for him. But with experience we should expect him to learn to get better position, play the ball better, etc. I thought the plan was to play him in the slot, this year. If Leo is good to go for the season, it shouldn't be a desperate situation. But if necessary, are they considering moving Graham back to CB for awhile?

Even with experience that will, most likely, always be a problem for him. But with experience we should expect him to learn to get better position, play the ball better, etc. I thought the plan was to play him in the slot, this year. If Leo is good to go for the season, it shouldn't be a desperate situation. But if necessary, are they considering moving Graham back to CB for awhile?

No need when we have Robey!

And guys, let's face it, if Tyrod or EJ end up being great, we will have to pay them and that means we have to lose all of our other good players.

No need when we have Robey!

And guys, let's face it, if Tyrod or EJ end up being great, we will have to pay them and that means we have to lose all of our other good players.

Yes, how could I forget. But he's another with height issues. But man is he a baller.

Dareus is for sure. Then my priority is Glenn, then bradham then Gilmore. Gilmore is always dinged up it seems and gives up crucial plays at inopportune times. He is not that impressive to me and shouldn't be high on the priority list for the bills. Unfortunately, I think in the Bills minds, Gilmore is next in line behind Dareus