Dareus

BarleyNY

Anyone hear why Dareus isn't playing tonight? I didn't hear of any injury. I'm a tad bit concerned since the Bills haven't been able to come to a contract agreement with him and sometimes teams hold a player out if they're in trade talks. Hopefully he's just getting a rest. Would appreciate any info anyone has though.

Warm up for the Colts, see what the D can do without him. We have some work to do on defense as the 1st team D struggled a bit today but it was mentioned it wasn't game planned and Rex threw some things at the guys to see what they could do with odd coverages etc.

The Bills wanted to see how the defense would look without him. They want to find out if they can get rid of him after this season or if it would hurt the defense too much. If they can play almost as well without him they might as well trade him before they lose him in free agency. He's going to want Suh money and the Bills can't afford that.

The Bills wanted to see how the defense would look without him. They want to find out if they can get rid of him after this season or if it would hurt the defense too much. If they can play almost as well without him they might as well trade him before they lose him in free agency. He's going to want Suh money and the Bills can't afford that.

or - they don't want him to get hurt. But sure.

i agree with the first sentence...but only for week 1.

He's a great dt but he's too expensive and he isn't needed. He would be a luxury but the Bills defense would still be dominating without him.

Since when is the best player on defense and maybe even the team a luxury? Sorry but that's just a dumb statement.

It's obvious Dareus sat out bc he didn't want to risk getting hurt in a preseason game.

I disagree with almost everything you're saying here! Do you seriously think the Bills were holding him out on a pre-season game to see if they could play well without him? Plus you're suggesting that they may trade him based on this game? Ludicrous! Shenanigans(ok it's not shenanigans but I haven't had a chance to use that lately!)

He does want Suh money and he should have close to Suh money. I'm not saying that is what I think DTs should be paid but blame Miami for that screw up! He is our Bruce Smith of defense past! The anchor who should be paid!

He's a great dt but he's too expensive and he isn't needed. He would be a luxury but the Bills defense would still be dominating without him.

Kyle Williams has a couple great years left! Where are we when a year from now Kyle is on the slow downside and no Darius? A young multiple year probowler and now all pro, that's who you think we should let slide? If you're a Sabre fan you probably thought it was a good idea to get rid of Briere and Drury.

We need to and can pay the man! Cap is going up more than $10m and Mario can restructure. The only thing I can see putting a monkey wrench in this is somehow we pull in a franchise QB on a trade. However I think that is mute because I think we get a deal done with him before week one! Maybe that was why he was out? A deal being done right now? (I'm hoping for that!)