Deonte Thompson or Chris Hogan?

pbanach

Yup very poor comparison. Hogan is average height, strong and athletic and fast, and gains separation with precise route running, welker is small shifty and quick, his burst gains him separation. Aside from the rarity of a Caucasian WR is their motor is always pegged, but different players, completely. One other similarity, both accumulate about 400 yards in their first 3 years of playing.

It should also be obvious to note that in Welker's prime, he was being thrown to by Tom Brady*. (And those under inflated balls are easier to catch!)

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What has his injury history really been in the NFL? A broken hand was his worst injury, and that could have happened to anyone. Then he's had one "hamstring" injury last year that kept him out for an extended period of time -- though many reports speculate he wasn't injured as much as he was suffering from a case of Marrone's disease.

His injury prone label is more myth than fact.

2014 was concussion, ankle, ribs, hamstring...

2013 hand, knee

Sure he seems to be a good enough guy, but the WR corp is very deep and id rather see them retain someone with similar speed AND a frame more suited to the rigours of the game.

It should also be obvious to note that in Welker's prime, he was being thrown to by Tom Brady*. (And those under inflated balls are easier to catch!)

No dispute there, then after that got worn out then to manning. Talk about a good fallback plan.

2014 was concussion, ankle, ribs, hamstring...

2013 hand, knee

Sure he seems to be a good enough guy, but the WR corp is very deep and id rather see them retain someone with similar speed AND a frame more suited to the rigours of the game.

No dispute there, then after that got worn out then to manning. Talk about a good fallback plan.

2014 is entirely in dispute. He says he wasn't injured and it was a coaching decision. I tend to believe that when you factor in the other horror stories coming out about St. Doug's tenure.

And this year, he's been healthy.

Whenever the question is "X or Chris Hogan", the correct answer is x.

Let me play... who should be the second guy in outside vs colts, Sammy or Chris hogan?

Got another- so we have a levels play with hogan and Watkins who should be the decoy? (The other being the primary read)

Who should be cut, Goodwin or hogan?

Talk about a massive hogan fan!

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Wow. A genuine Hogan Hater.

Not really, I just think he has been way overrated. I have only heard good things about Thompson, not seen them but I have seen Hogan get sainted for too long; to the point where there is even a discussion when it comes to Hogan/Goodwin. If Thompson's real performance is good enough to even have the question asked then I'd guess it should be him because Hogan's real and perceived performances are not close to each other.

Finding the next Antonio Brown: 5 WR gems who could shine in 2015

Deonte Thompson, Buffalo Bills

You're a wide receiver, and you're trying to make a Bills team that includes Sammy Watkins, Robert Woods, Percy Harvin, Charles Clay and has ground-game advocate Greg Roman as an offensive coordinator?

Good luck.

But with some of the Bills receivers getting dinged during training camp, Thompson has sky-rocketed up the wideout pecking order, practiced with the first-team offense often and has made the most of the opportunity in front of him in preseason games.