Is Moulds the best wideout in the AFC EAST?

Rudyc80

IMO....Moulds and Evans are the best duo in the AFC east and Moulds is teh best WR in the division!

Santana Moss, Deon Branch(who i still say is average) are the only two guys you could even make a case for so moulds is still the class of the AFC East when it come to wideouts and to be hnest Id take Evans over both Branch and Moss since hes a rookie and had just as good numbers as moss/branch!

Chambers showed some really good stuff two years ago. I thought he really had what it took to be a top WR.

Obviously he didn't do anything last year, but I wonder how he would have been if Miami's O wasn't such a mess.

I still don't think he would have been as good as Moulds, but I think I would take him over Branch or Moss.

Chambers showed some really good stuff two years ago.  I thought he really had what it took to be a top WR.

Obviously he didn't do anything last year, but I wonder how he would have been if Miami's O wasn't such a mess.

I still don't think he would have been as good as Moulds, but I think I would take him over Branch or Moss.

236924[/snapback]

he is nice

just needs a good passer

we can trade Travis for Him :doh:

Evans will be special. But Moulds still isn't on the Holt/Owens/Moss/Harrison level. He still drops too many. But I love 'em.

(i expect at least one "oh yea? why don't you marry him then?" comment.)

236956[/snapback]

I've always thought of Moulds as the best of the 2nd tier WR's....although I think Hines Ward gives him a run for his money for that spot.

IMO....Moulds and Evans are the best duo in the AFC east and Moulds is teh best WR in the division!

Santana Moss, Deon Branch(who i still say is average) are the only two guys you could even make a case for so moulds is still the class of the AFC East when it come to wideouts and to be hnest Id take Evans over both Branch and Moss since hes a rookie and had just as good numbers as moss/branch!

236912[/snapback]

Branch, Patten and Evans are better. None is elite, but all are better at this point.

Moulds has lost explosiveness and his hands went from inexplicably inconsistent for much of his career, to awful this season. He's never been the type of receiver who can make the tough grabs either, which magnifies all the easy ones. What it adds up to is that Moulds is a drive killer. His career numbers have not been commensurate with his talent. He has passed his share of blame on QB's and OC's, but every time he kills a drive with a drop or "non-catch", he costs himself not only THAT catch and THOSE yards, he misses out on further opportunities that drive could have created.

Branch, Patten and Evans don't drop the easy ones, make some amazing catches and keep the chains moving and as a result are just more efficient.

I hate to sound like a broken record here.....but a quality Tight End would do wonders to free up Moulds (Evans speed will free him up)

We need a quality Tight End.....take a look at every fricken team that made it to the playoffs and you will see a difference making Tight End residing on that team......

It allows you to do some things that create mismatches against defenses....particularly in the Red Zone.....

Branch, Patten and Evans are better.  None is elite, but all are better at this point.

Moulds has lost explosiveness and his hands went from inexplicably inconsistent for much of his career, to awful this season.  He's never been the type of receiver who can make the tough grabs either, which magnifies all the easy ones.  What it adds up to is that Moulds is a drive killer.  His career numbers have not been commensurate with his talent.  He has passed his share of blame on QB's and OC's, but every time he kills a drive with a drop or "non-catch", he costs himself not only THAT catch and THOSE yards, he misses out on further opportunities that drive could have created. 

Branch, Patten and Evans don't drop the easy ones, make some amazing catches and keep the chains moving and as a result are just more efficient.

237174[/snapback]

badol, are you sure you mean patten? don't you mean givens? patten barely plays anymore, and givens is really great.

Sorry Eric, but the best WR in the entire AFC is Marvin Harrison.

237086[/snapback]

The question was AFC EAST.

Yes he is. The rest of them do not command the respect or attention that Moulds does day in day out. Ask a DB who they fear/respect most in the East. Moulds has a rare speed/strength combo that is hard to stop. Its fugged up that Chambers and McCareins are in the running with him.