Question about paper tickets

Didn't know where else to ask...

A friend of mind is planning to buy tickets for the home opener. He has reservations because of the type of ticket. Normally he has dealt with ticketmaster, using the printable paper version. This time he is supposedly getting the single-game, ticket issued by the Bills.

My question: is there any way to check the validity of the ticket? I've heard of counterfeit paper tickets, but never the ticket form. Should he be concerned going through craigslist?

Thanks everyone

I was hesitant as well. I know when I transfer my season tickets to others they are printable as a paper ticket, but I've never dealt with buying an actual ticket from Craigslist.

So, i do use craiglist for tickets occasionally, but only under certain conditions.

1) will never paypal the money , will only meet in person in a VERY public place.

2) will not hand over money till i see ticket

3) ticket must be hard ticket, not printed. I don't know if this matters , but it feels better to me. I guess if i could watch the guy send me his tickets from his account manager account I would be okay.

4) i know its a chit ton more, but in this day and age using stubhub and ticketexchane just seem safer ...to many tickets can be printed to many times

So, i do use craiglist for tickets occasionally, but only under certain conditions.

1) will never paypal the money , will only meet in person in a VERY public place.

2) will not hand over money till i see ticket

3) ticket must be hard ticket, not printed. I don't know if this matters , but it feels better to me. I guess if i could watch the guy send me his tickets from his account manager account I would be okay.

4) i know its a chit ton more, but in this day and age using stubhub and ticketexchane just seem safer ...to many tickets can be printed to many times

Thanks a bunch. The tickets are much safer than the printed paper, correct?

Ticketexchange by Ticketmaster is the safest option. Ticketexchance controls the ticket SKU and will email you the ticket under your name. You just print the ticket of record at home. Stub Hub has a fan protection program so you are also covered, however Stub Hub fees or the buyer and seller are 30% while Ticketexchange is 10% so you should get a better deal on Ticketexchange

Didn't know where else to ask...

A friend of mind is planning to buy tickets for the home opener. He has reservations because of the type of ticket. Normally he has dealt with ticketmaster, using the printable paper version. This time he is supposedly getting the single-game, ticket issued by the Bills.

My question: is there any way to check the validity of the ticket? I've heard of counterfeit paper tickets, but never the ticket form. Should he be concerned going through craigslist?

Thanks everyone

Some years back, I got ripped off for Springsteen tickets that looked totally legit.(And they were 'hard' tickets) The bar code on the tickets is everything, and you cannot tell in advance. The Ticketmaster 'security' for tickets is a joke. I wouldn't touch 'em myself.

Edited by NASCAR Hater

Got ticketmaster tickets and spent a large amount to go to event including airfare, hotel, etc. Went to stadium day before and they confirmed tickets were valid. On day of event they told me tickets were invalid and all the extra seats were sold out - don't bother with scalpers hanging around outside since majority of them were selling fake tickets. I contacted ticketmaster and was told it was my issue not theirs since they sold me valid tickets. I told them I was going to dispute with credit card company and they told me agreement I "signed" disallowed it. What they meant was fine print referred to a document and that to another document and that document was not available when I got ticket. I still disputed ticket w/credit card company and company said that agreement was not valid based on THEIR agreement w/credit card company and I owed nothing. ticketmaster still tried to get me to pay again and another service charge which I declined and I was told I was put on 'red list' (no sale); I told them ticketmaster was on my list as well.

ticketmaster is a company to avoid if possible but if you use make sure you use strong credit card company.

Got ticketmaster tickets and spent a large amount to go to event including airfare, hotel, etc. Went to stadium day before and they confirmed tickets were valid. On day of event they told me tickets were invalid and all the extra seats were sold out - don't bother with scalpers hanging around outside since majority of them were selling fake tickets. I contacted ticketmaster and was told it was my issue not theirs since they sold me valid tickets. I told them I was going to dispute with credit card company and they told me agreement I "signed" disallowed it. What they meant was fine print referred to a document and that to another document and that document was not available when I got ticket. I still disputed ticket w/credit card company and company said that agreement was not valid based on THEIR agreement w/credit card company and I owed nothing. ticketmaster still tried to get me to pay again and another service charge which I declined and I was told I was put on 'red list' (no sale); I told them ticketmaster was on my list as well.

ticketmaster is a company to avoid if possible but if you use make sure you use strong credit card company.

Lucky their convenience fees are only 50% of the ticket price for the worst service imaginable

Ticketexchange by Ticketmaster is the safest option. Ticketexchance controls the ticket SKU and will email you the ticket under your name. You just print the ticket of record at home. Stub Hub has a fan protection program so you are also covered, however Stub Hub fees or the buyer and seller are 30% while Ticketexchange is 10% so you should get a better deal on Ticketexchange

This and only this. Don't mess with anything else. Not worth it. There's nothing worse than walking to the gate praying your ticket will work. This guarantees it

I've been so lucky I feel I have never had an issue

Stubhub has had great customer service when someone sold wrong game

If u buy from Craigslist use cod from PayPal they don't get money until it's confirmed

So you have some thing to fight

Don't buy from scalpers with print outs it just never feels right

So just go really early, right?

Not true. If I sell my tickets on ticket exchange it voids my paper tickets and reissues a new bar code. If I try to go in with the physical tickets, mine won't work, only those that were issued to the buyer.

Back in the day, I used to list games on ticket master ticket exchange and stubhub. I accidentally sold the same game on both sites. The guy that bought them on stubhub got screwed- until I gave him 150% return and tickets to a game of his choosing.