Fear the Walking Dead.

Nervous Guy

Overall I'd say it was a worthwhile six episodes. It started a bit slow, but I felt like from episode 3 forward it started to find its way. It's too bad we will have to wait so long for more episodes because I was just starting to get into these characters. I think they really missed a golden opportunity to have a true holy **** moment when they allowed Ophelia to live through that gunshot. Not that I wanted her character gone or anything, but it was just such a great moment and unexpected. It's a shame Liza is gone. I was looking forward to the dynamic between her and the other two. I feel like a lot got left unexplored with that, but that's the way it goes sometimes.

I was thinking that the love triangle thing was going to be way too difficult for them to keep writing. She was never destined to live very long. That and it does fit in perfectly well with the Walking Dead SOP. If you have any medical ability whatsoever, you are not long for this world.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking that the love triangle thing was going to be way too difficult for them to keep writing. She was never destined to live very long. That and it does fit in perfectly well with the Walking Dead SOP. If you have any medical ability whatsoever, you are not long for this world.

What would have been difficult about writing it? It kind of writes itself. A lot of people find themselves in a similar situation these days, it would be kind of fun to see it playing out in this environment.

What would have been difficult about writing it? It kind of writes itself. A lot of people find themselves in a similar situation these days, it would be kind of fun to see it playing out in this environment.

It just seems like it would be something they were forcing in there if they tried to cram in a love triangle. The people are trying to survive, they're not going to have enough time to deal with the typical crap that winds up popping up in TV shows. She's dead, so now they'll never feel the temptation to try to squeeze in a cheesy soap opera side plot.

It just seems like it would be something they were forcing in there if they tried to cram in a love triangle. The people are trying to survive, they're not going to have enough time to deal with the typical crap that winds up popping up in TV shows. She's dead, so now they'll never feel the temptation to try to squeeze in a cheesy soap opera side plot.

Instead they'll squeeze in the cheesy soap opera side plot of "My mom is DEAD. And it's YOUR fault! And you're not my mom!"

Instead they'll squeeze in the cheesy soap opera side plot of "My mom is DEAD. And it's YOUR fault! And you're not my mom!"

I'm still holding out hope that he'll be the next one to go.

There were hints of them taking it in the remake of Dawn of The Dead direction in regards to the boat. Basically them thinking they can sail to an island or something to be safe but realizing that the dead are everywhere. Just speculation... Also talked about how others may try and take what they have to survive (the boat). There are a lot of direction they can go with the show now but I just hope they keep up the zombie aspect of it. If the next season is mostly them dealing with surviving on a boat with limited resources and no zombie action it could get quite boring again real quick.

Absolutely. Something finally happened. They also managed to end it on a fairly decent cliff hanger. I can't be alone in wonder what that guy's deal is.

I sea what you did there

Ophelia's father is probably my favorite character on the show.

The scene where Travis beats that Army guy after he shot Ophelia was intense and was imo a defining moment for his character

CBF

You know he had to go wild man sooner or later.

There were hints of them taking it in the remake of Dawn of The Dead direction in regards to the boat. Basically them thinking they can sail to an island or something to be safe but realizing that the dead are everywhere. Just speculation... Also talked about how others may try and take what they have to survive (the boat). There are a lot of direction they can go with the show now but I just hope they keep up the zombie aspect of it. If the next season is mostly them dealing with surviving on a boat with limited resources and no zombie action it could get quite boring again real quick.

No love boat? Captain Merrill Stubing at their service?

Can't be too much excitement on a friggen yacht. Alcatraz should be close by, no?

Kind of makes food runs a bit long. Going for cigs, be back tomorrow

I sea what you did there

You know he had to go wild man sooner or later.

No love boat? Captain Merrill Stubing at their service?

Can't be too much excitement on a friggen yacht. Alcatraz should be close by, no?

Kind of makes food runs a bit long. Going for cigs, be back tomorrow

Boats/yachts create a hole in the water that you dump a lot of money into. It would be funny if they get on the boat and the damn thing is OOC.....plus a vessel like that will only get you so far on a tank of fuel and then what. I cannot see them spending much time next season on the boat.

It was a National Guard unit for occupation and civilian relief. Not an armored division deployed to defend against a mass zombie assault.

Agreed for occupation and civilian relief but around a MASH unit, which is considered a high value support operation, they would post regular Army and defend the parameter much better than what was portrayed. No air support in a large city either? Why wouldn't they have destroyed the arena with some heavy duty ordnance?

Agreed for occupation and civilian relief but around a MASH unit, which is considered a high value support operation, they would post regular Army and defend the parameter much better than what was portrayed. No air support in a large city either? Why wouldn't they have destroyed the arena with some heavy duty ordnance?

I suggest that if insisting upon absolute reality is your measuring stick for a fictional TV series about a zombie apocalypse, you should find another hobby.

I suggest that if insisting upon absolute reality is your measuring stick for a fictional TV series about a zombie apocalypse, you should find another hobby.

C'mon Eball, I have to agree with John that this is what makes a show like this fun. We all have our own opinions and as some would say, opinions are like @$$holes, everyone has one.

I have a strong appreciation for movies and television that are attentive to detail and am only stating things that I have observed having been in the military myself. I understand that this is a fictional series, but they need to keep the military aspect credible. I am just pointing out things that I feel are not. Nothing more, nothing less. As for hobbies, thanks for the advice, but this is a blog so.....

Edited by Flutie Flakes

Hey, if you guys think it's "fun" to complain about the lack of "military reality" in the show be my guest. Hint: the military is supposed to lose this battle, otherwise there's no show.

Cheers!

Boats/yachts create a hole in the water that you dump a lot of money into. It would be funny if they get on the boat and the damn thing is OOC.....plus a vessel like that will only get you so far on a tank of fuel and then what. I cannot see them spending much time next season on the boat.

that would make for a very boring show. Bring back Gilligan's Island for a 3 hour tour.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

It was only a few days into the thing. There's not nearly as many resources available as people think there are and the military generally does not make quick decisions on what would be perceived as a low value target. The treat and the remaining civilians were all contained.

One of the least realistic things in the episode was the wave off by the Chinook pilot. Helicopter pilots are notorious for taking risks even when odds are very low of success. There's no way they wouldn't have tried to do something.

Hey, if you guys think it's "fun" to complain about the lack of "military reality" in the show be my guest. Hint: the military is supposed to lose this battle, otherwise there's no show.

Cheers!

BUT did they have to portray trained military to look like incompetent !@#$s?

I did like the way that they didnt make them look like chivelrous heros when it came to the daughter which is more realistic to me.......when the world falls apart and human beings realize there are no rules.....that is when the real nature of a person comes out.....

That is one of the reasons why I like the last ship (other then knowing one of the main actors) it was interesting that the naval crue used their military protocals to keep everything going and keep a sense of order......of course they are not being attacked by zombies at every turn but........

One of the least realistic things in the episode was the wave off by the Chinook pilot. Helicopter pilots are notorious for taking risks even when odds are very low of success. There's no way they wouldn't have tried to do something.

I agree, but the dramatic value of both of those helicopters turning away and the look on the chief physicians face when this happened was so powerful. She realized in an instant that all was lost. I wish she had joined the group as well, but like in TS 19, "opting out" to her was the best alternative when hope is lost.

BUT did they have to portray trained military to look like incompetent !@#$s?

I did like the way that they didnt make them look like chivelrous heros when it came to the daughter which is more realistic to me.......when the world falls apart and human beings realize there are no rules.....that is when the real nature of a person comes out.....

That is one of the reasons why I like the last ship (other then knowing one of the main actors) it was interesting that the naval crue used their military protocals to keep everything going and keep a sense of order......of course they are not being attacked by zombies at every turn but........

No, just fanatical immune people on nuclear submarines.