B/R Report: Rex wants to start Tyrod, other coaches split

johnwalter

Do you even watch the games? This just leads me to believe that you're rooting for EJ because of his school, skin color, or something else. But EJ Manuel of the Buffalo Bills has played in 15 games. He has started 14. 10 and then 5.

FTR I was referring to 14 Game Starts.

So EXCUUUUUSE Me for "making a mistake" and not including A single drive at the end of a 38-3 blowout game.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=400607990

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, to remind you and your friend my stance on EJ, I think and hope that they keep him as the third string QB. I think he has shown enough to not get cut outright.

Thanks for the response. I was just having trouble figuring some of your logic out, but that explains the trouble I was having. Also wouldn't say I'm BF4E's friend.

If you want to call me out by name in a post at least know what division the guy played in. Don't bring a butterknife to a gunfight. I enjoy the debates on this board that are well thought out and supported. I am not sure how I am supposed to respond to Matt Cassel's record in the NFC West? I know what Cassel has done in his career (you can google that stuff). It also appears and rumors have him as the favorite. What we don't know is the gap between the 3 QBs. That will dictate whether or not the situation can change.

I made a typo in an edit and I copied and pasted it. Nice of you to throw out insults when a person makes a small mistake.

Obviously I know which division KC is in. Didn't I mention Denver?

Yes, Matt Cassel won a playoff game that season in KC. My point stands the years prior and after were very bad.

And yes discussing a 23 and 41 record in KC with Matt Cassel is pointless.

I made a typo in an edit and I copied and pasted it. Nice of you to throw out insults when a person makes a small mistake.

Obviously I know which division KC is in. Didn't I mention Denver?

Yes, Matt Cassel won a playoff game that season in KC. My point stands the years prior and after were very bad.

The point is that you didn't make a point. You posted his record (in the wrong division). We all know what his record is (we have google for that). If you want to argue for EJ (which we all know that you do) make your case as to why he is a better fit. That is why people are so hard on you on here. You do not support your argument you copy and paste quotes out of context and ignore others. It is really quite strange.

Give the reasons why you think that he is a better fit. EJ has played well in the preseason. Argue that he has the most physical tools, give specific examples of plays that he has made that the others can't. Don't just post some other guys record.

The point is that you didn't make a point. You posted his record (in the wrong division). We all know what his record is (we have google for that). If you want to argue for EJ (which we all know that you do) make your case as to why he is a better fit. That is why people are so hard on you on here. You do not support your argument you copy and paste quotes out of context and ignore others. It is really quite strange.

Give the reasons why you think that he is a better fit. EJ has played well in the preseason. Argue that he has the most physical tools, give specific examples of plays that he has made that the others can't. Don't just post some other guys record.

FTR I have stated why I prefer TT or EJ over Cassel. If you really want the answer then go back and look it up

For a "rational" person you are quite the antagonist and I am trying not to argue extensively.

and lastly ... Since I am such an idiot please ignore my ignorant posts.

FTR I have stated why I prefer TT or EJ over Cassel. If you really want the answer then go back and look it up

For a "rational" person you are quite the antagonist and I am trying not to argue extensively.

and lastly ... Since I am such an idiot please ignore my ignorant posts.

No one called you an idiot. I'm not trying to antagonize you just trying to raise the quality of the debate. Don't take it personally.

Whoever wins the QB race we need to support and trust the coaching staff. It's going to be really annoying when the EJ people whine about Taylor, the Taylor people whine about EJ and both of them whine about the most likely starter - Cassel. It is going to be unbearable around here.

No one called you an idiot. I'm not trying to antagonize you just trying to raise the quality of the debate. Don't take it personally.

Whoever wins the QB race we need to support and trust the coaching staff. It's going to be really annoying when the EJ people whine about Taylor, the Taylor people whine about EJ and both of them whine about the most likely starter - Cassel. It is going to be unbearable around here.

Have I stated otherwise? I will support the coaches decisions.and cheer on the team.

My bias? I see Cassel as another Bledsoe/Fitz/Kolb/Orton. Good, but maybe not good enough.

If I whine about EJ it is because I see raw talent I'd prefer not go to waste. 32 teams with maybe half of them Franchise material.

If EJ gets cut I could see him going to another team and perhaps doing well. If I am wrong so be it. Life goes on.

As for TT may the best man win. I;ve not said much against the kid. If I post stats well another subject because as I have often stated ... Stats Lie

WRT being ridiculed for my opinion - that is not acceptable to me and is half the reason I argue so much.

Go Team QB!!!

Have I stated otherwise? I will support the coaches decisions.and cheer on the team.

My bias? I see Cassel as another Bledsoe/Fitz/Kolb/Orton. Good, but maybe not good enough.

If I whine about EJ is is because I see raw talent I'd prefer not go to waste. 32 teams with maybe half of them Franchise material.

If EJ gets cut I could see him going to another team and perhaps doing well. If I am wrong so be it. Life goes on.

Being ridiculed for my opinion is not acceptable to me and is half the reason I argue so much.

Go Team QB!!!

They shouldn't release any of the guys. The reality is they have all performed this preseason above where I think most of us believed that they would. That's a good thing.

I'm not thrilled by Cassel either but I get why they may like him. He will make good decisions and pre snap reads. They will tell him to be extra careful and he will. They will try to score enough to win but rarely will he just let it rip. I would imagine that the coaching staff thinks that if they need the offense to produce 24+ points a week to win they aren't going to be very good anyways. It's an odd way to look at it but with Cassel his job will be "don't blow it."

They shouldn't release any of the guys. The reality is they have all performed this preseason above where I think most of us believed that they would. That's a good thing.

I'm not thrilled by Cassel either but I get why they may like him. He will make good decisions and pre snap reads. They will tell him to be extra careful and he will. They will try to score enough to win but rarely will he just let it rip. I would imagine that the coaching staff thinks that if they need the offense to produce 24+ points a week to win they aren't going to be very good anyways. It's an odd way to look at it but with Cassel his job will be "don't blow it."

The faults I could foresee there would be playing it too safe and not letting it rip aka going deep.

Haven't the Bills drafted speedy WR's so they could go dep and stretch the field? Stretching the field also help with the run game.

Which of there is true? Do either of these apply to the Bills 3 QB's?

Establish the Run to Set Up the Pass

or

Establish the Pass to Set Up the Run

My apologies if I mixed you up with the "keep 2 QB's" (one of them is not named EJ) people.

The faults I could foresee there would be playing it too safe and not letting it rip aka going deep.

Haven't the Bills drafted speedy WR's so they could go dep and stretch the field? Stretching the field also help with the run game.

Which of there is true? Do either of these apply to the Bills 3 QB's?

Establish the Run to Set Up the Pass

or

Establish the Pass to Set Up the Run

My apologies if I mixed you up with the "keep 2 QB's" (one of them is not named EJ) people.

Yeah, I worry about not stretching the field for a team that wants to run the ball. It is going to be tough to run the ball if there are always 8 or 9 guys in the box. That is think is the biggest concern with Cassel IMO.

Yeah, I worry about not stretching the field for a team that wants to run the ball. It is going to be tough to run the ball if there are always 8 or 9 guys in the box. That is think is the biggest concern with Cassel IMO.

I have a bigger concern with the other two guys not being able to recognize blitz and work off that. Taylor keeps defenses honest as he can run, but EJ doesn't seem to recognize. Looking for the homerun ball will get him killed.

I have a bigger concern with the other two guys not being able to recognize blitz and work off that. Taylor keeps defenses honest as he can run, but EJ doesn't seem to recognize. Looking for the homerun ball will get him killed.

Don't disagree at all and that right there is a plus in the Cassel column. They all have pros and cons for sure.

Funny you should say that when he did recognize the all out blitz last week vs. Cleveland on the TD pass to Davis. He changed the protection and the play call, then executed the play with a perfect back shoulder strike.

Funny you should say that when he did recognize the all out blitz last week vs. Cleveland on the TD pass to Davis. He changed the protection and the play call, then executed the play with a perfect back shoulder strike.

He also saw it coming on a sack, and tried to get Scrub Running Back C to block, but it ended badly.

That's one play and Cleveland was blitzing on every play. That was their game plan.

Just like Losman one or two big plays a game won't cut it, if the other ten drives are 3 and out or worse INT/fumble. The QB has to manage a whole game. Prior to that we punted on every series EJ was in including one series with a fumble. With TT we had only one punt and one missed field goal attempt.

In the Carolina game, EJ had 1 3 and out but was lucky to have a short field that was a field goal. So not like he really drove the team for a score there. He also had 3 series ending in punts. Again also one TD at end of game. Again another fumble in that game. With TT at QB they had 2 TD's and one turnover on downs.

Again, one play a game doesn't make a good QB.

So on basically the same amount of time they both have 2 TD's, FG attempts. 1 series ending in a punt for TT. For EJ it's been 6 punts.

He also saw it coming on a sack, and tried to get Scrub Running Back C to block, but it ended badly.

A free blitzer coming straight at him because of an inexperienced RB couldn't properly execute pass pro. Yeah that was EJ's fault. :rolleyes:

That's one play and Cleveland was blitzing on every play. That was their game plan.

Just like Losman one or two big plays a game won't cut it, if the other ten drives are 3 and out or worse INT/fumble. The QB has to manage a whole game. Prior to that we punted on every series EJ was in including one series with a fumble. With TT we had only one punt and one missed field goal attempt.

In the Carolina game, EJ had 1 3 and out but was lucky to have a short field that was a field goal. So not like he really drove the team for a score there. He also had 3 series ending in punts. Again also one TD at end of game. Again another fumble in that game. With TT at QB they had 2 TD's and one turnover on downs.

Again, one play a game doesn't make a good QB.

So on basically the same amount of time they both have 2 TD's, FG attempts. 1 series ending in a punt for TT. For EJ it's been 6 punts.

4-8 in the Carolina game with at least two drops, no turnovers and the 51 yard beauty of a TD strike.

9-14 in the Cleveland game again with no turnovers and the game winning drive.

How much better should he have performed given who he was put out there with? I guess he'll never do enough for some who'll only focus mistakes and completely ignore what he's progressing at such as improved accuracy and decision making as demonstrated in the 1st two preaseason games.

You're stuck. Okay, carry on.

A free blitzer coming straight at him because of an inexperienced RB couldn't properly execute pass pro. Yeah that was EJ's fault. :rolleyes:

4-8 in the Carolina game with at least two drops, no turnovers and the 51 yard beauty of a TD strike.

9-14 in the Cleveland game again with no turnovers and the game winning drive.

How much better should he have performed given who he was put out there with? I guess he'll never do enough for some who'll only focus mistakes and completely ignore what he's progressing at such as improved accuracy and decision making as demonstrated in the 1st two preaseason games.

You're stuck. Okay, carry on.

He's got to have more than 1 or 2 TD's a game (always at end it seems). If he's going 3 and out and putting the defense on the field a lot teams are going to score 20+ on us. Therefore we lose 20-7 or 20-14. 1-2 good drives a game isn't going to cut it. A Qb has to sustain 4-6 drives per games for some points (FG or TD).