EJ deserves time on the field with first team offense.

gsurdam

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this site for Bills news and rumors and never get in on the conversations but i must say I am so confused why this board is always filled with EJ talk. He's our 3rd string qb at best and yet he's all everyone on here talks about. There is a reason he is with the 3s in practice and in preseason games. All your bickering and stupid 4th quarter stat lines mean nothing and will never help him start for any team in the NFL. He's had more than enough chances to prove himself and he has yet to do so. I wanted him to be the franchise when went drafted him as well. But he's not and never will be. I just don't get the support for him. We're you all supportive of all of our 1st round busts also? Again he's been 3rd the whole time and always will be time to start discussing Tyrod or Cassell and just drop EJ. Just trust the coaches who obviously see he doesn't have it. That is all. I'm sure there will be 100 keyboard Warriors attacking me for this, my picture which I set when wr drafted him and don't know how to change, the amount of my posts and dumb stuff like that so flame away. And go Bills.

look at the depth chart there is no #1, #2 or #3 designated QB

Why does he "deserve" a shot with the starters? Because he makes a couple good passes in the 4th quarter against guys who won't even be in the nfl in a few weeks? Being a nice guy and working hard does not entitle you a chance to start. If you don't got it you don't got it. 2 different NFL coaching staffs who get paid millions of dollars see that yet you dont?

Might want to get that prescription updated then.

My man, go back to coming here just to read the news.

This has nothing to do with being a nice guy. Working hard, and seeing it payoff, is definitely what earns people chances.

The opinion of 1 NFL "coach" who is now an assistant on the worst team in the NFL doesnt sway me. This staff has kept him around so they havent given up on him yet.

Edited by DrDareustein

look at the depth chart there is no #1, #2 or #3 designated QB

Haha see these are the things I'm talking get about. Why keep making excuses. We all know ej is 3rd on the depth chart. Hence he's always 3rd in the game and practices.

Haha see these are the things I'm talking get about. Why keep making excuses. We all know ej is 3rd on the depth chart. Hence he's always 3rd in the game and practices.

He was second last game and 1st in the scrimmage. Also, while we are going over facts and not insulting my eyesight -- EJ has 3 TDs in roughly 4 quarters of play while the other quarterbacks have zero.

If you think the Bills actually have a firm depth chart at QB then you havent been paying attention this summer. We have a competition, and some developing players. Nothing wrong with that. Let the best man win. It's what's best for the team. Why would you be against it?

My man, go back to coming here just to read the news.

It's not just 1 coach. Rex does not like him either. Once again he is always 3rd in. What,don't you get about that. I've never heard more chatter about a 3rd string qb in all my life. He's not gonna magically become good overnight and jump the other 2 guys and start let it go and accept that he sucks.

This has nothing to do with being a nice guy. Working hard, and seeing it payoff, is definitely what earns people chances.

The opinion of 1 NFL "coach" who is now an assistant on the worst team in the NFL doesnt sway me. This staff has kept him around so they havent given up on him yet.

If you think the Bills actually have a firm depth chart at QB then you havent been paying attention this summer. We have a competition, and some developing players. Nothing wrong with that. Let the best man win. It's what's best for the team. Why would you be against it?

I have obviously been paying much more attention than you. The competition is between Cassell and Taylor. Ejs 4th quarter stats impress no one

He was second last game and 1st in the scrimmage. Also, while we are going over facts and not insulting my eyesight -- EJ has 3 TDs in roughly 4 quarters of play while the other quarterbacks have zero.

shhhh reality doesn't fit in with their fantasies.

Actually I'm pretty sure Tyrod has 1 TD

anyone else re-watch the end of that game on NFL network today? like usual, EJ looked pretty bad except 1-2 nice plays. the guy is a career backup, it ain't happening. he might end up playing for the Jaguars or something some day and the starter will get hurt and he will come in and do decent and make a couple of nice plays. but he's no starter. I think they need to start Tyrod again and see how he does. it's his job to lose. if he plays well then let him start week 1. if not then Cassel is the fallback plan

you THINK you know. No one (at least not on the staff) knows who is 1, 2, or 3.

Keep telling get yourself that to hold on hope that ej will magically learn to play quarterback overnight and jump the other 2 guys on the depth chart. The guys first pass in camp the other day was over into the corporate tent. Come on man

you THINK you know. No one (at least not on the staff) knows who is 1, 2, or 3.

Rex and Roman surely must have some idea of who they are thinking about going with. It will have a huge impact on the style of offense they can run.

I guarantee that they already have a pecking order in their heads. That doesn't mean it can't change between now and week 1, but I am quite sure they already have their minds mostly made up.

They keep saying they don't because there is no advantage to them naming a starter right now. It can't really help them. It is more likely to backfire or at least create even more controversy.

anyone else re-watch the end of that game on NFL network today? like usual, EJ looked pretty bad except 1-2 nice plays. the guy is a career backup, it ain't happening. he might end up playing for the Jaguars or something some day and the starter will get hurt and he will come in and do decent and make a couple of nice plays. but he's no starter. I think they need to start Tyrod again and see how he does. it's his job to lose. if he plays well then let him start week 1. if not then Cassel is the fallback plan

What were his bad plays that you noticed given his stat line?

Keep telling get yourself that to hold on hope that ej will magically learn to play quarterback overnight and jump the other 2 guys on the depth chart. The guys first pass in camp the other day was over into the corporate tent. Come on man

Are you going to come back and admit you didn't know what you were talking about when Rex names EJ the starter against the Steelers? Because if EJ really is the 3rd string QB in Rex's eyes then there is no way he'd make him the starter just to confuse the Colts.

Edited by 1billsfan